New White PCX 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ChesneyHawkes

New White PCX 150

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

Finally came back home from work this afternoon and to my new PCX150. I currently own a 2010 PCX 125 and so I thought I'd do a quick comparison. I haven't ridden any of the 2011-2013 models so any of the changes I've noted may already be present in those models. I've also attached so photos as these are what I always look for when browsing this forum!

Anyway, the bike. I found it to feel much the same as the 125 when sitting on it. Seat was a little comfier, and sliding back onto the new "hump" was not a problem, so may help taller riders. Being 180cm/5'11 it was no issue in the standard seating position, though an extra inch in the footwells would be nice.

Accelerating felt quite loose compared to my 125. I didn't buy the 125 new but the throttle seems tighter when using it, maybe because the 125 has a smaller engine? Certainly the 150 doesn't seem to be working too hard when accelerating up from 0-60km/h. Didn't really notice the extra power but I guess it will stand out once I'm at the higher speeds.

Photos with comments below, let me know if you would like me to check anything out. You may want to check out the photos in reverse order as I didn't realise they when I loaded each photo it would start at the top instead of the bottom.
Attachments
I like the third button on the remote which helps you find your bike and lights up the key insertion area. Actually I think they had to do this as when you lock the steering and remove the key, the key cover engages. Without additional light, you wouldn't be able to see a thing in the dark without the ring of light.
I like the third button on the remote which helps you find your bike and lights up the key insertion area. Actually I think they had to do this as when you lock the steering and remove the key, the key cover engages. Without additional light, you wouldn't be able to see a thing in the dark without the ring of light.
IMG_2840.jpg (304.77 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Hazard lights on
Hazard lights on
IMG_2839.jpg (320.06 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Another great addition is the hazard switch. It can only be activated when the key is inserted and fully turned to start the engine, but it will remain on even if you remove the key.
Another great addition is the hazard switch. It can only be activated when the key is inserted and fully turned to start the engine, but it will remain on even if you remove the key.
IMG_2824.jpg (297.55 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
I think the dash being more focussed on the middle is better. Much safer because I don't have to look around so much for the variable information like speed and fuel. I think much more important than the clock is the average fuel consumption on a km/l basis.
I think the dash being more focussed on the middle is better. Much safer because I don't have to look around so much for the variable information like speed and fuel. I think much more important than the clock is the average fuel consumption on a km/l basis.
IMG_2823.jpg (311.8 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
2010 dashboard (just so you can compare side by side)
2010 dashboard (just so you can compare side by side)
IMG_2822.jpg (316.42 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Rear with lights on
Rear with lights on
IMG_2821.jpg (370.15 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Both bikes with lights on (non scientific comparison!) Bikes were on centre stands so the engines were on meaning these are
Both bikes with lights on (non scientific comparison!) Bikes were on centre stands so the engines were on meaning these are
IMG_2820.jpg (356.38 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Bracket helping to keep the seat open, I really like this feature.
Bracket helping to keep the seat open, I really like this feature.
IMG_2819.jpg (276.46 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Looks like it'll be much easier to add a top box, I'll see if there's anything about this in the manual.
Looks like it'll be much easier to add a top box, I'll see if there's anything about this in the manual.
IMG_2818.jpg (234.84 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
2014 Left side
2014 Left side
IMG_2817.jpg (365.42 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
2014 Right side
2014 Right side
IMG_2816.jpg (302.45 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Rear view of both bikes
Rear view of both bikes
IMG_2815.jpg (372.14 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Front view of both bikes
Front view of both bikes
IMG_2814.jpg (349.19 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New White PCX 150

Post by BrAtKo »

Hello CHESNEY, congratz to your new bike and for pictures. I'm awaiting for mine white 150 as well. Many happy kilometers... I will watch your thread.
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

White is always nice.

Where in Thailand are you?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

I like it.
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

It really is a sharp looking machine.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Be great if the new 2014 125 PCX has the guide holes ready made for a top-box.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

kramnala58 wrote:White is always nice.

Where in Thailand are you?
I like the matt white. Hoping that the combination will help reduce the visibility of any dings. The gloss on my last one has scratches that are easy to see. Superficial as they do nothing to alter the performance of the bike.

I'm in the Chonburi area. Got the bike three weeks ago but I was away on business, so yesterday was my first time out on it.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

iceman wrote:Be great if the new 2014 125 PCX has the guide holes ready made for a top-box.
I'll unscrew the back plate and see if they have pre-drilled holes.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) White is Awesome! Nice body changes. Thanks for the pics and enjoy!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Am I mistaken, or is the glovebox on the left dash now white instead of black? The 2013 PCX had the black plastic glovebox...but in these pics, the dash looks all white now.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

Vagabondman wrote:Am I mistaken, or is the glovebox on the left dash now white instead of black? The 2013 PCX had the black plastic glovebox...but in these pics, the dash looks all white now.
Glove box now matches the paint job. it's bigger and has a downward slope so I can fit a smartphone easily. I like the fact I can charge my phone now.

It doesn't have a handle to open it anymore, you just push the door on the top right-hand side and it opens. Not sure if I like this method as I'm worried the mechanism won't last as long as the previous one.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:
Vagabondman wrote:Am I mistaken, or is the glovebox on the left dash now white instead of black? The 2013 PCX had the black plastic glovebox...but in these pics, the dash looks all white now.
Glove box now matches the paint job. it's bigger and has a downward slope so I can fit a smartphone easily. I like the fact I can charge my phone now.
It doesn't have a handle to open it anymore, you just push the door on the top right-hand side and it opens. Not sure if I like this method as I'm worried the mechanism won't last as long as the previous one.
So, the 12v outlet is DC? I only ask because all Honda dealers websites and press releases for the new PCX showed 12v AC outlet! - two sites now state 'All lighting is now LED, saving electrical drain on the engine and a hazard button has been added, as well as a clock in the dash and integral 12V AC adaptor' i.e. http://bassadonemotors.online-mediacent ... 5_2014.pdf
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

New White PCX 150

Post by BrAtKo »

This is the pic from EU version I've made on the local exhibition. I've never seen the outlet in the car other than DC (AC is unusable).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395999870.110862.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395999870.110862.jpg (261.25 KiB) Viewed 2496 times
I will use this USB:
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

Brochure says it's a 125? Thought it was 150? I like the addition of the hazard light feature. Starting to wish I would have waited just a bit longer.
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:

Cool. Looks cleaner. I hope the push mechanism lasts too. Keep us posted. Wish the glovebox opened with a key like it does on the Forza. But I definitely like the addition of the charger in the new PCX. Always nice to be able to charge your iphone on the road.
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

Vagabondman wrote:Wish the glovebox opened with a key like it does on the Forza.
The US Forza has two gloveboxes. 1 opens with a latch. The other requires the key to be in the "opener" position and you push a button to open it.
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:
iceman wrote:Be great if the new 2014 125 PCX has the guide holes ready made for a top-box.
I'll unscrew the back plate and see if they have pre-drilled holes.
Any news regarding to this ?
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

BrAtKo wrote:This is the pic from EU version I've made on the local exhibition. I've never seen the outlet in the car other than DC (AC is unusable).
The attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395999870.110862.jpg is no longer available
I will use this USB:

Well the one in Thailand is DC, I know in the UK AC is required when connecting to the mains (it's a lot safer) but portable solutions are generally always DC I think.

This is the USB plug I'm using
Attachments
photo 1.jpg
photo 1.jpg (247.86 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
photo 2.jpg
photo 2.jpg (278.88 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

Wish the glovebox opened with a key like it does on the Forza.[/quote]

Lockable glovebox would be ace.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

Parked at a shopping mall and felt I need to snap this. My 2014 sandwiching a Forza with a 2013!
Attachments
photo 3.jpg
photo 3.jpg (314.77 KiB) Viewed 2372 times