2014 PCX 125 White vs Matte Black

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

2014 PCX 125 White vs Matte Black

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Hi all,

I had pre-ordered my PCX125 in matte black last week. Before going for the matte black I wanted the white one however i thought to go for this year's new colour.

My dealer just called and said that two scooters are coming this week and they are metallic black and white. They dont know when are they going to get the matte black.

I have heard its a bummer to keep matte clean, is it true? Does it loose its charm after few weeks or months?

Should i just go for a safe white colour?

Please share your thoughts. :roll: :roll:

Saurabh
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: 2014 PCX 125 White vs Matte Black

Post by kramnala58 »

In my own opinion, I would go for the white, and not just because I have one.

White does not show dirt to the same degree as a darker colour. From what I have heard, the matte is not so hard to clean, so that's a plus, but I am fairly confident that it will become a fad colour so that within a couple of years it will look dated. As well, if it is the gloss white, it is probably the pearl white which is very nice in the light.

If WhiteNoise weighs in with an answer, she will tell you to pick one of her three favourite colours, white, white, or if you don't like those two, then pick white. ;) :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

kramnala58 wrote:In my own opinion, I would go for the white, and not just because I have one.

White does not show dirt to the same degree as a darker colour. From what I have heard, the matte is not so hard to clean, so that's a plus, but I am fairly confident that it will become a fad colour so that within a couple of years it will look dated. As well, if it is the gloss white, it is probably the pearl white which is very nice in the light.

If WhiteNoise weighs in with an answer, she will tell you to pick one of her three favourite colours, white, white, or if you don't like those two, then pick white. ;) :lol:

True, that make sense too. I was just watching a white PCX video and really liked the contrast of black wind screen and white body. I just thought that matte PCX might just stand out a bit but I think white is more future proof.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

Saurabhdutt wrote: ... I think white is more future proof.
From what a number of others say on here as well, white seems to be more visible than other colours .... that can be a good thing ... we need to do all we can to be seen.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
illegal
Regular User
Regular User

Post by illegal »

Yes, White is much better for keeping clean looking. Dark colors (I have metallic black PCX and dark red car) are difficult to keep clean and shiny. You can easily see every little scratch on dark colors, so you have to wax it a lot and even little dust or dirt make bike/car look very dirty. Figuratevly speaking, white can be covered in dust, scratched and little dirty and it will still look cleaner than black :) However, darker colors look better, I have seen few white PCXs and they are nice, but I like red and black a lot more. In matters of visibility, the color of bike isn't as significant as color of your jacket and helmet, because it is lower.
PS: I don't have experience with matte colors, but my physics knowledge tells me it will be worse to keep clean than metallic colors.
2013 Honda PCX 125
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/569523.html
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

"up to you fella" as they say....

I got a matte black one and they aren't difficult to keep clean and suits the lines of the bike...

White, imho is bland and boring...

Also with the matte black models, the rear springs are red, the break caliper is red, it has grey/red stripes and the belt cover is black....white ones get the stock stuff and no stripes

Will matte black be a fad ?? - who knows - i'm on my 3rd PCX and this colour is my favourite by a long chalk).
Attachments
Copy of seat 010.jpg
Copy of seat 010.jpg (161.37 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

Red brake caliper and black belt cover....

Although mine has aftermarket YSS shocks - the stock rear springs were red....
Attachments
pcx black 049.jpg
pcx black 049.jpg (179.04 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

We don't seem to be offered the Matt Black PCX (2014) in the UK, and the gloss black is the same as the others for other bits, just the panels different (from two dealers showing available colours).
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

I love my 2014 PCX. I have the Matt white and finding harder to keep clean than I anticipated. Any dirt in the crevices around the seat will show up easily compared to my gloss bronze one from 2010. Not too fussed about colour, but I'd probably go with gloss next time.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:I love my 2014 PCX. I have the Matt white and finding harder to keep clean than I anticipated. Any dirt in the crevices around the seat will show up easily compared to my gloss bronze one from 2010. Not too fussed about colour, but I'd probably go with gloss next time.
I believe the only white offering in the UK is gloss (pearl white) - hard to tell sometimes from pictures.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:D Spot on Kram. GO GLOSS WHITE! Or matt White should you prefer.
It "IS" about the Bike's Color (too) and your, "I'm going to try 2 be more visible" clothing.
Below, Me & WN in different clothing. Fetish with jackets, so many to choose from & I have more :P
(That black jacket has lots of reflective material sewn in, pants quite a bit too).

Your choice in the end, make a good one, you will be going steady for awhile :lol: Cheers and have fun buying!! 8)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.29 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (20.05 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Below, Me & WN in different clothing. Fetish with jackets, so many to choose from & I have more
I love the sign in the background of the second pic ... I that your next ride? ;) :o
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:We don't seem to be offered the Matt Black PCX (2014) in the UK, and the gloss black is the same as the others for other bits, just the panels different (from two dealers showing available colours).

We do get matte black in the UK. This year we have four colours and they are: white, gloss black, matte black and red.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

kramnala58 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Below, Me & WN in different clothing. Fetish with jackets, so many to choose from & I have more
I love the sign in the background of the second pic ... I that your next ride? ;) :o
No, no golf cart for me :? (well, not yet anyway). I wanted to ride their paths so bad that day. I behaved (all eyes on me from every angle as if they knew my thoughts) :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

I think the decision has been made. White it is.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Saurabhdutt wrote:
iceman wrote:We don't seem to be offered the Matt Black PCX (2014) in the UK, and the gloss black is the same as the others for other bits, just the panels different (from two dealers showing available colours).
We do get matte black in the UK. This year we have four colours and they are: white, gloss black, matte black and red.
Hmm, that's not the info I see on honda dealer sites and on Honda UK's press release for the 2014 PCX i.e
http://www.chiswickbike.com/honda/new-h ... pcx125.htm
http://newsroom.honda.co.uk/en/motorcyc ... l/?id=3656
Pearl Cool White, Pearl Nightstar Black, Pearl Siena Red and Matt Carbonium Grey Metallic < the black seems to be gloss and does not have all the 'red' standouts that are probably available in Thailand.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:
Hmm, that's not the info I see on honda dealer sites and on Honda UK's press release for the 2014 PCX i.e
http://www.chiswickbike.com/honda/new-h ... pcx125.htm
http://newsroom.honda.co.uk/en/motorcyc ... l/?id=3656
Pearl Cool White, Pearl Nightstar Black, Pearl Siena Red and Matt Carbonium Grey Metallic < the black seems to be gloss and does not have all the 'red' standouts that are probably available in Thailand.

Its actually matt grey but the dealer quoted it as matt black...
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

Saurabhdutt wrote:I think the decision has been made. White it is.
Good choice.
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

chucktuna wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:I think the decision has been made. White it is.
Good choice.

Cheers fella
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

I think you made a good choice. White just looks so awesome on the PCX. Black is cool too. But something bout the white that really shows off the lines.

Congrats...and post lots of pics!

Waiting till July for the white PCX here in the states.