leo vince exhaust

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Re: leo vince exhaust

Post by ScooterMan »

Prob is with a lot of aftermarket co's, they build exhausts to sell to idiots. There is a science to the exhaust length and diameter. And all too often, aftermarket suppliers build them way too large of diameter for looks which does 2 things...adds excess weight and is not optimum for performance.

Anyway, it's hard to get ANY performance numbers from any aftermarket exhausts for our scooters. So, it may be a while before I pull the trigger on anything, if at all. =(
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

A "proper' after market exhaust will give about 1-1.5hp extra but the variator has to be changed or "adjusted" to allow the engine to develop the extra.

But yes here in Thailand there are exhausts on PCX's that would be too big for a 1000cc bike. :lol:
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

so it sounds like what my leo did but without much of the low end drop in power im thinking of doing this actually with the fact that the stock exhaust wont lose a clamp :/
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

All Leo vince stuff I've had has been top quality. Never had a pcx exhaust mind

Was it genuine?
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

it was genuine it was a gp exhaust so i dont think designed for daily driven at all really and it was one of thier lower models so maybe it was not a very good quality
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

so i modded my exhaust and figured out the true inner workings and found why demon your exhaust sounds so beefy

this what it looks like after the wall you see when you look in (that demon cut through) the u-shaped piece that you see in that picture that it looks like he cut into has been cut off on this pic which would go between the upper two tubes. so essentially it acts like a straight pipe with a cat. mine went a bit further.

what i did was cut out about three inches which included the wall, opened the hole in the end and removed the cat. it is very evil sounding puts my leo to shame power and soundwise. That being said THE PIPE IS VERY LOUD. so if you are not sure do not do this.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The internal pipes look around the same size as the headers. Nothing to suggest that the original exhaust isn't free flowing
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

that cat is really restrictive and the end hits a wall and exits an opening that is right around where that small hole is. The exit to the wall is also a hole that is very losely fitted over the muffler exit so you lose even more flow there. so it is very restricting actually but restriction also means quiet so its flows ok for Honda's purpose but if you want really free flow.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Once I get my 250 6-50r outlet installed in the garage I'm modifying the crap out of it.. going to do a shorty. Job well done!
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

my girl lives very close to a tunnel it sounds amazing
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

any pictures of the cat?
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

You mean this one?
Attachments
Funny-Cheeky-Kitten.jpg
Funny-Cheeky-Kitten.jpg (50.71 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

Lol nope it looks like a behive this was after we tore it out
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

I guess I should have asked, was it easy to get to the cat? Isn't in at the very first part of the exhaust? Did you have to remove the baffle to get to it? is the baffle pressed in or welded into place?
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Hello, pcx people!
I just received and immediately installed the Yoshimura R77S titanium blue exhaust. Yes, it is an expensive thing, but I should say it worth it. The sound is not too loud, but with a very low frequency and aggresive sporty tone without ANY annoying rattles. The look of it is fantastic, high quality made thing. First test ride showed some noticable power gain in the high-rpm area, the acceleration from 80kmh (50mph) became better, and for the first time I saw 116kmh(73mph) on my usual way home, without pushing throttle that much and waiting the numbers to grow, I just drove like I did every time, and bike ran faster! On the low and mid rpm seems no any difference, just the low bass sound.
Overall, I can say that yoshimura do it's job, and the graphs they show on a website are true, the power gain exists and noticable, but only at the top rpm area. And emotionally I felt happiness like a boy, now my pcx is kinda sporty thing! :)
Attachments
IMG_24871.jpg
IMG_24871.jpg (307.04 KiB) Viewed 3544 times
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

looks like they kept a farely small header compared to the leo and if i could drop 500 on a pipe i would
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

mikelx5 wrote:looks like they kept a farely small header compared to the leo and if i could drop 500 on a pipe i would
The port size in the head it what it is. Bigger pipe doesn't do much except visually.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Earlier days I changed some exhaust manifolds on my N/A sporty car, Honda S2000, and I can say that the design of them is critical to the power curve. Some of them work only at high RPM and drop the low and mid zone, some like "torque kun" just rise the mids, the pipe lenght, the pipe diameter, and form-factor (4-2-1, 4-1) are very important. This yoshi makes improvements at high rpms zone without crushing lows and mids. Actually If you look inside of a yoshi piping, it is quite thin diameter , just same like the OE one.
The price is high, I was thinking to buy it or not for a week! :) But if you buy any other brand exhaust and you really want to do it, the difference between them is not that much. So why not to buy the best looking, best sounding one? Now it is a treasure on my pcx and I am very happy even when I see it! One more time, the sound of it is great, yesterday evening I visited the biker's meet. My pcx was standing on the center stand and the vibrations from yoshimura came thru the ground very far. Some of old bikers came to me to see what happens and what is producing this earthquake, that was my yoshimura! :)
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

That looks like a beautiful pipe! shame about the Price tag! i'm looking for an exhaust for under £200

Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

I'm very interested in doing this as a cheap alternative untill i can get a new exhaust from webbike. Does anyone have an audio recording of the mod? Also would it be better to bore out the centre or do the 3 hole method?