Know of Any TRUST worthy Honda dealerships?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Know of Any TRUST worthy Honda dealerships?

Post by Vagabondman »

I live in the NYC area, and was wondering if any fellow New Yorkers & PCX riders know of a good...TRUST worthy Honda dealership that they've personally had experience with? I plan to buy the new PCX this July.

I've dealt with one place so far, and got a bad vibe. So many sleazy salesman types. I just want a straight up honest dealership. No hidden fees. No games. Ya know?

Speaking of which, there is a million idea here. Why is there no nationwide motorcycle superstore? A la Apple? Or guitar center? All the places I've seen so far are badly run and poorly laid out with limited inventory. Not only for cycles, but for gear. Imagine a place that had EVERY helmet maker and tons of clothing space? Like a regular department store, but for motorcycles. Seriously. I live in NY, and so many of the places I went to try on helmets had limited selection...and not only that, the helmets were often out of reach. Either behind a counter or so high up on a wall, you'd need a ladder to reach them.

Inventory is so limited in these places, that you have to go to half a dozen or so to try on different helmets & jackets that you're interested in. It'd be so nice to be able to compare fits all in ONE place and ONE visit. It's exhausting running around!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Know of Any TRUST worthy Honda dealerships?

Post by gn2 »

Go to one shop, any shop that sells helmets will do.
Find one helmet that fits your one head.
Pay.
Leave store with new helmet.
Job done.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

gn2 wrote:Go to one shop, any shop that sells helmets will do.
Pay.
Job done.
Dumbest advice I've heard.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

They're not in NY, but over the river here in NJ:

I've been in this store once - http://www.motorcyclemall.com/ - but they have much more of a northern Jersey, kind of rude attitude. Ton of stuff in there though.

My local dealer is in Three Bridges, NJ - http://www.burgersmotorcycles.com/. Small shop, nice guys, seem to really know what they're doing. This is my first bike ever, so I'm new at all this, but they've been reliable with everything I had them do, and are the type of store I don't mind giving my money. Not much discounting going on, but I'd rather support them then save 5% and go elsewhere, particularly since they're only 30 minutes away from me.

Again, not NY-based, but not all that far either once you're in NJ.
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

Just bought a Forza at Cross Bay Honda in Bay Shore, they have a location in Howard Beach as well. I honestly think they found my caution of dealers entertaining if not a bit frustrating. In the end the deal went down exactly as offered without any surprises. The guy in charge (owner?) even made me his best offer and gave me the courtesy of allowing me to leave and think it over for the weekend without pressure. I have and would recommend them. Can't speak for the other location.
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Thanks Atis. I'm gonna check out CrossBay Honda in Bayshore on Saturday.

And Dustin. Thanks. I'll put those two on my list. Jersey isn't that far.

And GN2...my point about your comment being dumb, is that the whole reason for shopping around is to COMPARE. Its easy to just say grab the first helmet that fits...but if you have nothing to compare it to, it kinda defeats the whole purpose. There are many factors. Of course fit is important, but Its not just fit, its price & looks. And if you don't have anything to compare it to, how do you know its even the best fit.

I tried on the shoei rf1200 and it felt good. The GT-Air felt even better. But it's very expensive. The shop I went to didn't have Bell helmets, and I really wanted to compare the bell vortex to the shoeis to see which was better.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Vagabondman wrote:
Pay.
Job done.
Says the man who can't walk into a Honda dealer and buy a PCX when the only choice to make is between two colours.
If its taken you this long to not buy a PCX you could be dead by the time you don't buy a helmet.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

gn2 wrote:
Vagabondman wrote:
Pay.
Job done.
Says the man who can't walk into a Honda dealer and buy a PCX when the only choice to make is between two colours.
If its taken you this long to not buy a PCX you could be dead by the time you don't buy a helmet.
Too funny!

Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Not that its close but Storm Lake Honda in Storm Lake IA

If its accessories like helmets, gloves, boots, rain gear etc, try online with competition accessories. My HJC came from there and I like it.

oh and,,,,, pay no attention to the haters here, he has a hole in his kilt and plays with a child sized bag pipe.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

You've confused hate with humour you fucking moron.
You've got me at it now.....
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

gn2 wrote:
~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:Not that its close but Storm Lake Honda in Storm Lake IA

If its accessories like helmets, gloves, boots, rain gear etc, try online with competition accessories. My HJC came from there and I like it.

oh and,,,,, pay no attention to the haters here, he has a hole in his kilt and plays with a child sized bag pipe.
You've confused hate with humour you fucking moron.
Okay children, let's behave or you will have to go stand in the corner for a time out. ;) Let's all act like big boys and girls now, not like schoolyard children. :)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

gn2 wrote:
Vagabondman wrote:
Pay.
Job done.
If your comment is serious, you're an F'in retard. I've been interested in buying a PCX since what? October? What's that been? 6 months? Oh...and By the way, I got the desire to buy a PCX while I was recovering from surgery after donating a kidney to my brother you moron. So take your sarcasm that you think passes for humor elsewhere.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

....ah yes, where were we? Oh yeah, looking for a honest Honda dealership with v.good svc.
Hmm, potluck buying anything today. We walk in, we look, we buy, we sigh, we return, we keep, we try. "We're Only Human." So Vagabondman, I get your drift. It is a crapshoot. Go to BayShore store as planned, see what vibes you get. Ask about service dept. even look at it. The sales guys are pretty sure of themselves to the point of being cocky but you can get past that if You have the gift of gab and excuse me, but I think you do :D I've hung out there several times just shooting the bull over different bikes and gear. They have helmets, gloves, jackets but not like a motorcycleSuperStore. Agree! I'd love to have a Big store anywhere on the Long Island! I tire of traveling then looking at next to nothing. I recently went to a new shop in Hicksville, "Cyclegear" not bad at all. You can get an idea of their store on their website. Online shopping is tricky with sizing and condition.Then sending stuff back a real PITA! End of my input. Please let us know what happens after your weekend visit in BayShore. Good Luck ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh yeah...and sit on a Forza and tell us what cha think. I will when I get there again.
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Thanks WN. Good advice. Replies like yours are why I come to this forum. Much appreciated. Will let ya know how my visit to Bayshore goes. Will have to check out cycle gear in Hicksville too. Wonder if its near Champion Honda which is also in Hicksville I believe.

I went to Cycle Therapy on east 127th st today. The guys there were actually cool. Nice selection of helmets & gear. No PCXs...but they did have a small collection of vintage bikes on the 2nd & 3rd floor.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Oh yeah...and sit on a Forza and tell us what cha think. I will when I get there again.
Just don't sit on it while it's on its center stand ... sorry, I couldn't resist throwing that in, but I'm only joking. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

gn2 wrote:You've confused hate with humour you fucking moron.

Go play your skin flute
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

kramnala58 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Oh yeah...and sit on a Forza and tell us what cha think. I will when I get there again.
Just don't sit on it while it's on its center stand ... sorry, I couldn't resist throwing that in, but I'm only joking. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're so quick witted kram, you really are! :lol:
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote: oh and,,,,, pay no attention to the haters here, he has a hole in his kilt and plays with a child sized bag pipe.
As a fellow Scot I find that remark reeking of stereotypes and borderline racist.

In your opinion he might not be right but there's no need for that.
yttikeiram

Post by yttikeiram »

Well then o.O

OP, I think of some dealerships like small stores. You know those big box stores that carry a lot of brands, and then smaller, local stores that maybe carry 1/10 of them? That's what it's like.

If I were you, I would first compare prices. Call around. From there, I would try to put a few locations that are close by that have different inventory. That way, you can hit up a few stores in an afternoon and the feeling of the helmets and gear will be pretty fresh in your mind.

I also recommend trying on helmets at any store to see if there is an overall shape your head is comfortable in. From there, you can narrow things down to what you may/may not want to try on. Gear is important. I would really take my time finding the right fit.

About the sleazy salesmen: Yeah, mine was horrible. I love to look at things and think to myself. The person who sold me a PCX kept asking why my husband wasn't there (I was waiting for him). Sheesh. He said if we paid cash, he could discount the price. Yup, he lied about that. Also, when we finally just decided to buy because my husband really needed transportation, I forgot that my debit card had a limit. I had to call the bank really quick to get an allowance to pay cash for the bike. The other salesman in the background said, "JUST TELL THEM TO WRITE A CHECK" and sighed. This was my first time buying any vehicle, so it was horrible.

The reason I tell you this story is because this place was rated very well on places like Yelp. Honestly, I think it will be hard to find a "nice" dealer. If one has an attitude with you, the one thing that tends to get them going is a willingness to walk away...