Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Post by Reaper »

Hello, pcx people!
Today is one month since my 190cc engine was blown, and I am all in waiting for a new piston kit, 8-hole injector and the head. I am reminding about myself once a week to a bbk seller, but still got nothing, no invoice to pay, nothing.. just promices. The weather is great outside and I have to bike..(we have a very short bike season here in Siberia) :( So, after some of thinking , today I bought a brand new Honda grom :) This bike is also could be hardly tuned, and there are tons of aftermarket parts on the market, but, after my bad pcx experience, I'd like to stay away from any of engine modifications. And just when my pcx will come to life (I hope it will do!) I may be will buy a bbk for a grom.. may be.. but the sad truth says don't do this :)
I like the way how takegawa bbk comes, just plug in, choose a right map and go, no experiments, no extreme hp numbers, seems just right and reliable mod.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Does Russia have tough licensing requirements or something?

Because if I blew up my engine, I'd turn the rest of the PCX into scrap and just buy a larger bike.

Never know though, I might be right behind ya ;) .
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

I did own a CBR600RR, GSX-R1000K5, was in motocross for years with many mx bikes. I remember all the feelings that these bikes gave to me, and now I am looking for something different to move forward.
Honda pcx gave me a pleasure and lightness driving in the city, actually my friends on sportbikes couldn't keep up with me in the city, where pcx was like a fish in the water.
I think grom is a great fun bike, I saw how people do stunts on them. Pcx can't do all of these stoppies/wheelies/burnouts/donuts, but a grom can. I like the look and style of it, and it is honda!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTtb0WAI1D8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SVKlG9Iiak
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Huh. I do agree that the PCX handles very nimbly in the city, but I'm not entirely sure it would do that better than a sportbike that weighs the same(CBR250R, CB300F). I do enjoy the twist and go action, which means I don't have to constantly shift up and down inside the city with a lot of stop and go traffic.
Scoot_FIN
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by Scoot_FIN »

The new Forza 125 has quite a lot more power compared to the PCX 125. Has any of you come across a cylinder head for our beloved PCX that has four-valves?

If, and I know it's a HUGE if, the new Forza's cylinder head fits the PCX cylinder... more oomph for peanuts! Well, couple hundred bucks at the most. Until someone can compare these heads side to side there's always hope!

It'd be nice to hit the rev-limiter all the time, no matter the wind condition or hill. Well, then I'd get a taller rear tyre and gain some much needed top speed.
PCX 125 (2011), Givi windshield, Malossi Multivar 2000 w/ 10,5g rollers, yellow Malossi clutch spring and Malossi RX exhaust
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

Pcxdemon wrote:Setting the ficon:

1. key off,throttle 0% to 100%

2. key on, green led light on flashing

3. select number 5

4. open throttle 100% then close all completed in 1 sec

5. key off,its done

6. select desired pre made mapping from the photo shown being:

#5 125/150 original engine +cam +sport exhaust with spaces 6 to A available for further increases in fuel each slot for map #5

#B 170cc + stock cam + stock exhaust
#C 170cc + sport cam + stock exhaust
#D 170cc + Sport cam + sport exhaust E to 3 on dial allow for further fuel increases for map D...

You must have key OFF for each time you change map or adjust fueling...

Hope that helps!
What does the first step accomplish if the key is in the off position? Not trying to be a d-bag, genuinely curious, and trying to understand.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Branyers wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:Setting the ficon:

1. key off,throttle 0% to 100%

2. key on, green led light on flashing

3. select number 5

4. open throttle 100% then close all completed in 1 sec

5. key off,its done

6. select desired pre made mapping from the photo shown being:

#5 125/150 original engine +cam +sport exhaust with spaces 6 to A available for further increases in fuel each slot for map #5

#B 170cc + stock cam + stock exhaust
#C 170cc + sport cam + stock exhaust
#D 170cc + Sport cam + sport exhaust E to 3 on dial allow for further fuel increases for map D...

You must have key OFF for each time you change map or adjust fueling...

Hope that helps!
What does the first step accomplish if the key is in the off position? Not trying to be a d-bag, genuinely curious, and trying to understand.
:) that's how it was translated to me by some Japanese bloke. Honestly I had a same thought but it's no harm doing it this way..
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

Cool, thanks for the step by step. Looking forward to the install...well, the results part anyway. Hate removing panels on the PCX.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I've installed 150 final drive gear shaft. It corrected my speedo to a negligible 2-3% over read, was 9% with stock 125 gear.
Had it gps'd on the highway with the mfr2 vario at 78.5mph. There was no fuss getting there either , Daytona does 85mph gps! Acceleration hasn't suffered from the upgrade. It felt good all round.
Even though mfr2 gets me slightly less top end although 78mph is plenty in any case, I feel it is a great all round vario. Has really good power of line with no delay, vibrations or hesitations in stock form while Daytona has better mid and top but bottom needs tuning with a washer to sort out takeoff delay but it's never quite ( but waaay better than stock) as good as mfr2 and it feels great taking off from the lights and generally low speed control..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

When I took of the rear transmition gear casing, I found 4 out of 5 bearings noisy and couple that are sandy worn when rotated. I figure that's what is causing everyone else an issue. Takes about 30 minutes to open the gear casing and expose all gears and bearings. I couldn't replace mine as it was Sunday and shops were closed so I'll have to revisit this one soonish. All one will need is a bearing puller to get the bearings out and a soft hammer.
Also I've noticed replacing gear oil with 80/90 puts an extra drag on wheel rotation when spun by hand on centre stand, while it may be a better oil for gears and bearing protection there is penalty in increased drag..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon wrote:When I took of the rear transmition gear casing, I found 4 out of 5 bearings noisy and couple that are sandy worn when rotated. I figure that's what is causing everyone else an issue. Takes about 30 minutes to open the gear casing and expose all gears and bearings. I couldn't replace mine as it was *Sunday and shops were closed so I'll have to revisit this one soonish. All one will need is a bearing puller to get the bearings out and a soft hammer.
Also I've noticed replacing gear oil with 80/90 puts an extra drag on wheel rotation when spun by hand on centre stand, while it may be a better oil for gears and bearing protection there is penalty in increased drag..
Sorry meant *Saturday
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Just found this feature on my GPS, it stored my top speed run other day after I installed the 150 final gear..I like it.

Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Do I see a large valved PCX 150 head on this picture?
The coolant cap is stock, or it is the higher pressure version from Yuminashi?
Can you also please post the original part number of the 150 final drive shaft?
Thanks
Oya
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

I use that app too :D . Stock coolant cap has a red label, that looks like a high pressure cap from Yumi.

Sadly, I was only able to get about 74 mph before I sold my PCX. I drool when I think of what I could have gotten with a larger throttle body.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Oyabun wrote:Do I see a large valved PCX 150 head on this picture?
The coolant cap is stock, or it is the higher pressure version from Yuminashi?
Can you also please post the original part number of the 150 final drive shaft?
Thanks
Oya
I'll have a look for the part number. Yes, that's a 150 head waiting patiently to be installed. I want to get a good feel with this current set up before I get the head installed so I know where I'm at performance wise afterwards.
The coolant cap is yumi 1.6bar .
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Valiant wrote:I use that app too :D . Stock coolant cap has a red label, that looks like a high pressure cap from Yumi.

Sadly, I was only able to get about 74 mph before I sold my PCX. I drool when I think of what I could have gotten with a larger throttle body.
This speed was with mfr2 vario, funnily it gets 132kmh on the centre stand but on the road tops out at 125/6kmh when limiter kicks in. Daytona will get me 85mph-ish on the road and that's without using bigger screens, however bigger screen will help me just get there bit quicker..
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

I've checked the PCX 150 parts catalog, and found "23430-KZR-600 GEAR COMP., FINAL(44T)". can you pssibly confirm this?
How much tooth the original PCX 125 version has/ or alternatively how much longer the final drive will be after the change?
If I1m not mistaken you've alrady installed other final drive mods also - what is your current setup you run with?