Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Post by Reaper »

Reliability factor stops me from buying the bbk right now.. Noone knows how long the piston will last, 10.000kms, 20.000kms ? Bone stocker runs out of 100.000kms easily..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Reliability factor stops me from buying the bbk right now.. Noone knows how long the piston will last, 10.000kms, 20.000kms ? Bone stocker runs out of 100.000kms easily..
Cool,you've done 100.000kms trouble free?! Well done...

For whats it worth Takegawa piston looked like new after 14000km (20000km total) and so were the rings and conrod and big end bearing with no play in it..

Altering stock engines will always tend to put you closer to the line of something going wrong, but one should really understand that before deciding to venture that way so when it does happen you can accept it easier and deal with it.
Modding is for ones who are looking for a thrill and a hobby of some sort so there is not to much care (gives you excuse to fix/rebuild it even better) if something goes wrong..its all about part and parcel.

How Yuminashi kit is going to last? Well only time will tell,in the mean time it sure is a fun thing though.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Vlad, why you decided to install the Koso head temp gauge? The pcx dashboard has the coolant overheat lamp already, and they both use the same sensor.
Do you get any of the useful information from the KOSO temp gauge, in meaning of overheat prevention?

After reaching the first 1000km on the odo (just finished the break-in), I ordered the 195cc kit from RZracing. Now I am in the game too! :)
Firstly I was against any of the engine modifications with my pcx150, but later I understood that I have to ride at full throttle most of the time, and this is not right.
I ordered already the Kitaco i-map and the Koso afr gauge to control the afr mixture, was thinking about the temp gauge but didn't order it.
I have the wideband controller kept from my car, but have no idea how to attach it to the pcx's exhaust pipe. May be to make the mid-pipe between the exhaust port and the exhaust pipe?
And still not sure will OE AFR sensor (Koso afr gauge) help me to make the proper fuel map at the ide, mid, and wot, it is not a wideband sensor..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Vlad, why you decided to install the Koso head temp gauge? The pcx dashboard has the coolant overheat lamp already, and they both use the same sensor.
Do you get any of the useful information from the KOSO temp gauge, in meaning of overheat prevention?

After reaching the first 1000km on the odo (just finished the break-in), I ordered the 195cc kit from RZracing. Now I am in the game too! :)
Firstly I was against any of the engine modifications with my pcx150, but later I understood that I have to ride at full throttle most of the time, and this is not right.
I ordered already the Kitaco i-map and the Koso afr gauge to control the afr mixture, was thinking about the temp gauge but didn't order it.
I have the wideband controller kept from my car, but have no idea how to attach it to the pcx's exhaust pipe. May be to make the mid-pipe between the exhaust port and the exhaust pipe?
And still not sure will OE AFR sensor (Koso afr gauge) help me to make the proper fuel map at the ide, mid, and wot, it is not a wideband sensor..
I installed heat gauge to monitor my temp, dash heat lamp in my opinion is not enough once you start going crazy mods. Now that I know where my temp likes to sit around,if it starts creeping up I'll know something is not right and take right action before goes too hot and blows the gasket..
Have you purchased additional computer connection with your kitaco I-map? Can't edit maps without it..
For stock o2 sensor, yes it's closed loop so it won't give you precise info while cruising (kinda shuffles ) but fully open throttle is ok, you will have precise reading. You can install wide open sensor on your exhaust by drilling a hole on your exhaust manifold and welding a nut in place. After that you just screw in your sensor. I was told its best to angle the sensor at 45degrees down stream for best performance when fitting/welding it in place..I'm not sure would Koso afr work with wide open sensor but there is plenty aftermarket options. Takegawa has a nice one on webike,the lot..
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Just received the Takegawa PCX150 camshaft from webike, and I see that one lobe looks strange, non-accurate cut, is this normal?
Attachments
IMG_26091.jpg
IMG_26091.jpg (233.9 KiB) Viewed 636574 times
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Yes, I bought the I-map USB adapter, but couldn't buy the long harness kit from webike, they don't have it and don't want to order it specially for me. Is it possible to mount the I-map without the long harness, having a free access to it's port and microswitches? The best place to mount it is the left pocket under the steering post, I suppose.

If the OE AFR sensor (Koso gauge) works accurate at WOT I think there's no need in wideband AFR mount thrill. Will see, I am afraid that when the outside temp change the fuel map needs to be changed also, will OE ecu hold on with this? Also I-map is a piggy back ecu, not a stand-alone, and OE ecu will be always trying to lean the mixture even if the i-map adds some enrichments.

From my snowmobile experience, the coolant overheat lamp starts to blink when temp is approaching to a critical value, and then it starts to light constantly if the temp is critical, and just after that point, if the temp still rises, the engine stops automatically, so there is 3 step defence strategy. I don't know how the PCX overheat prevention strategy works, but sure that it will not light up when the game is over. Don't want to make experiments on my bike :) But agree, crazy mods require cooling system modifications, how the OE rad will perform- will see.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Reaper wrote:Just received the Takegawa PCX150 camshaft from webike, and I see that one lobe looks strange, non-accurate cut, is this normal?
Does not look normal to me... looks like a chunk fell off :?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Reaper wrote:Just received the Takegawa PCX150 camshaft from webike, and I see that one lobe looks strange, non-accurate cut, is this normal?
i think that will be getting returned.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Alibally wrote:
i think that will be getting returned.

The surface finishing looks awful too. So if it was me I'd be worried about the hardening as well
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

I sorted out with this cut, everything is ok. OE camshaft have a cut there too, but it is crafted much more accurately.
Takegawa did the same cut but with a rough technology, looks ugly, but it will work.

My friend ordered the $10000 japanese crankshaft for his race car, and it ruined the engine, because some metal balls fell off the oil lines of this crank. These days most of japanese top tuners getting their parts from outsource factories, China, Thailand, etc.. But still keep the high pricing for them as a top quality.

I don't worry about the look, I hope it will perform as it should. The surface finishing is about the same as OE cam, so everything should be fine.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Pcxdemon, I need your help! I purchased the Kitaco I-map, and I see in the user manual that they raised the rpm limiters in pre-loaded maps 2 and 3, as they say map2 is 10500rpm now, map3 is 11000rpm now. I can't believe why did they do this, because ANY of pcx engines should have rpm limiters at around 9500rpm. So I suppose it is a mistake in the manual. Can you prove this fact about this such a rpm increase? Or there is nothing to worry about, pre-loaded maps will be 9500 limited (as they should be, I suppose)
Attachments
IMG_26871.jpg
IMG_26871.jpg (337.7 KiB) Viewed 636516 times
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Pcxdemon, I need your help! I purchased the Kitaco I-map, and I see in the user manual that they raised the rpm limiters in pre-loaded maps 2 and 3, as they say map2 is 10500rpm now, map3 is 11000rpm now. I can't believe why did they do this, because ANY of pcx engines should have rpm limiters at around 9500rpm. So I suppose it is a mistake in the manual. Can you prove this fact about this such a rpm increase? Or there is nothing to worry about, pre-loaded maps will be 9500 limited (as they should be, I suppose)
Hi bud, sorry can't help you on this one. First version Pcx had limit with IMAP at 9500, a small increase from 9300.
That's interesting development..
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Reaper wrote: I purchased the Kitaco I-map, and I see in the user manual that they raised the rpm limiters in pre-loaded maps 2 and 3, as they say map2 is 10500rpm now, map3 is 11000rpm now.
I can't believe why did they do this, because ANY of pcx engines should have rpm limiters at around 9500rpm.
So I suppose it is a mistake in the manual. Can you prove this fact about this such a rpm increase?
Or there is nothing to worry about, pre-loaded maps will be 9500 limited (as they should be, I suppose)

A mistake? Maybe not. Suppose you installed an upgraded high compression head with strengthened springs?

You could in theory take the Redline higher and gain horsepower.

Woooooo Hoooo!!!!!

Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

It's all about average Piston Speed Per Minute!
9000=3376 FPM
9500=3564 FPM
10,000=3751 FPM Should be the MAX RPM
10,500=3933 FPM
11,000=4126 FPM
F1 Racing Engine - 3800 to 4200 FPM all the parts are titanium, as in very light weight.

So, run 10500rpm is a straight way to ruin the engine. Can't understand why did they programmed the maps like this? Have send them email with quastions, hope kitaco will reply.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Reaper,I'm in the process of installing that same cam. Your cam looks the same as mine. I think I'm going to skip the decompression feature. I have the cam in but I'm a tooth or two off still. I'm doing the install with the engine mounted in place.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Hello, Mgalutia88! I ordered and waiting for all-the-buck 190cc kit from Rzracing, so I have to take the engine out anyway. The decompression mech removal have to be done also, I hope.. Roman said the I-map is needed to work with his kit. I don't want to have a risk of destroing the $2500 engine :)
As for today, I think I would be better to go for takegawa route, much more trouble-free. Take the parts, install, and just enjoy the ride. Now I have quastions there and there. It's better to get them sorted well before..
I am bombing webike with quastions, asking to call kitaco and speak japanese about this rpm limiter issue, kitaco don't show any of their contact email on their website.
Webike says this I-map is for pcx150 modded engines, who runs higher than 10.000rpm. I don't know any that could reach that high numbers, may be somebody knows here?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I don't see the point either.

So... My takegawa cam is installed without decompression feature and my battery doesn't have enough juice to start it. Oh well, I guess we wait for tomorrow. 8D
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:I don't see the point either.

So... My takegawa cam is installed without decompression feature and my battery doesn't have enough juice to start it. Oh well, I guess we wait for tomorrow. 8D
:roll: :roll: :roll: aah the joys of tuning.... :lol:
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Well I was wrong, I think I'm a tooth off. If I jump the PCX it will run with the throttle open but not idle. I'm going to go ahead and take the cam back out to install the decomp feature. It definetly needs it.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Have you got your valve clearance correct?