Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Post by Pcxdemon »

[quote="oldbiker"]Pcxdemon you mentioned your temperature gauge mounts at the stock head. If you have got a photo could you indicate where on the head. I am about to fit my temperature guage

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... r750e7.jpg

It's left of the water pump with the red electrical tape around it. Ive added red tape around all my harness plugs so when I reassemble it I don't miss any plugs, red is easy to spot. I've tapped in to the loom wiring that plugs in to the sensor for the signal read. I had to do that because Koso mini3 water temp tach comes with loop wiring but for esp versions only, they have slightly diff plugs than first version pcx.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Pcxdemon wrote:I've been toying with Yuminashi Inertia power booster..
How much does the things weigh?

I must admit got a smile out of this. One of the complaints against J Costa is that they are heavier than a regular diecast unit. This just goes to show that they knew something when first developing their unit without having a fancy name for it.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

waspmike wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:I've been toying with Yuminashi Inertia power booster..
How much does the things weigh?

I must admit got a smile out of this. One of the complaints against J Costa is that they are heavier than a regular diecast unit. This just goes to show that they knew something when first developing their unit without having a fancy name for it.
It's about 450 grams or around that. It really makes the scooter feel more refined and smoother. Top end speed is effortless with it but it also robs acceleration and off-on throttle response by little . But for someone that want to make their scoot top speed highway capable then this is worth while upgrade,it kinda feels like a steam train when coming against wind gusts,you kinda just punch thru it. For me, who is a city,hills racer I prefer not having it at this weight..so I'm milling mine about half way, hopefully it'll be a good compromise...
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Cheers I'll get my scales out:-)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Ive timed the new Yumnashi kit from 0-62mph/0-100kmh...

Best of Takegawa 170cc kit with (Daytona vario which is the best in my opinion) ,0-100kmh times were 10.5sec,i just couldn't better that time with what ever i tried in transmission tuning, i have that transmission tuned for absolute best performance and there is no improvement further out of it.

Yuminashi 164cc high comp cylinder and yuminashi cam were the only changes done from previous set up. Transmission was left unchanged although i did try few things other ways but have returned to the original set up as it was with Takegawa.

New 0-100kmh time is 8.73sec!!! Nearly two seconds faster than Takegawa tune... :D

Super Happy!!
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

That's great news! Congratulations! I wish I have an updated 175cc Yuminashi bore kit for my pcx150, they say wait for it for about a month. The kit will come with a new coated piston and some changes..
Why do you think the Daytona vario kit is the best? Less vibrations? The best 0-100kmh acceleration?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote: Why do you think the Daytona vario kit is the best? Less vibrations? The best 0-100kmh acceleration?
Ive tried few,its the fastest out of the lot (Kitaco,Takegawa,stock,Dr. Pulley sliders,different outer pulleys etc) and its smooth..
I havent tried and tested Yuminashi vario,but for now Daytona rocks!
drocca

Post by drocca »

Pcxdemon wrote: Ive tried few,its the fastest out of the lot (Kitaco,Takegawa,stock,Dr. Pulley sliders,different outer pulleys etc) and its smooth..
I havent tried and tested Yuminashi vario,but for now Daytona rocks!

Please specify what kind of kit you're talking about? Upper or lower ?
Attachments
79376f.jpg
79376f.jpg (162.31 KiB) Viewed 549883 times
76758_1_l.jpg
76758_1_l.jpg (187.57 KiB) Viewed 549883 times
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

The lower kit is what PCXdemon and I both use. I use the silver ramps for more highway performance. Vlad uses the black ramps last time we spoke.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:The lower kit is what PCXdemon and I both use. I use the silver ramps for more highway performance. Vlad uses the black ramps last time we spoke.
I cant remember saying that...i also use silver ramps. But lets not get distracted here with the vario ;) ...Yuminashi 164 kit kicks ass!! :P 8)
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Sorry Vlad my mistake lol. I'm going RZ Racing 175cc! Nikasil cylinder! Nikasil is what they use in race engines.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Nikasil is great as long as the fuel is low sulfur. It should be fine on a small bike engine as the run quite hot but jaguar had terrible problems in the 1990's with their v8 engines. They would run quite cool and higher sulfur fuel created sulfuric acid as a combustion by product that ate away the Nikasil coating causing engine failure.
Porsche used the coating as did Mercedes with no trouble but I think BMW had problems as well. Most fuel now is lower sulfur as that is required for modern direct injection petrol engines that run in a stratified mode.

I'm not trying the scare you about Nikasil it just for information only.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Nah, don't worry about it. Between my father and myself we have six Porsches. We bought every single one as a project car. Anyway. I'm very familiar with the coating when it's implemented properly. It is a truly beautiful thing. Last compression check I did was on an '88 944 turbo S. With 142,000 miles it had 3psi less compression than when it left the factory. Then again the 944 uses alusil instead of nikasil.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Pcxdemon wrote: I cant remember saying that...i also use silver ramps.
Sorry OT. What is the difference between the silver and black ramps? I'm thinking more engineering rather than the results. What stops them rattling around? What are they made of?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Glue the ramps in with hondabond ht or black rtv.

The ramps provide different powerbands. The black ramps are of more midrange and the silver ramps are for more top end power. With the silve ramps the variator is not in lockup until 65mph or so.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

I got just the yoshimura exhaust on my pcx150 2013, and I am thinking about the further mods, and I see anyway I have to mod the vario, you say daytona is smooth and might be the best. But on their website it comes only for pcx125 http://japan.webike.net/products/21431479.html. Will it work fine and just correct on my 150cc or I have to play with the slider's weights (where to buy the different weights?? it's not a roller and it is daytona specific), and If I install the 175cc kit from RZracing , will this vario still work correctly?

As I understand, the stock vario pushes the bike at maximum torque rpm area from 0 to 90kmh at about 7000rpm , then rpm moves upper to the maximum power area. And this in theory is just right setup. So why do we have to change these settings and go from 0 to 120kmh at the maximum power all the time, not at the peak torque at lower speeds? Is this right? May be it's better to keep the 7k rpm from the start to 50kmh, for example?
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

In this case we have to understand the difference between the torque and the power. The bigger torque allows to move the car on the upper gear, but here, with the variator setup, everything is a bit complicated for me :)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Inertia booster modified...Should be hopefully perfect balance between smooth engine balance and top end power without loss of acceleration..
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... dyfp9r.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... xongdt.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... owodtf.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... xebpks.jpg
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

^ If I send you the J Costa for a look see you won't need that. :) J Costa has always had that built in! ;)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

waspmike wrote:^ If I send you the J Costa for a look see you won't need that. :) J Costa has always had that built in! ;)
I have to say that i have been playing with a alot of different ways with tuning a transmission. While ago i made couple of heavy washers to replace a stock variator washer. What i have found out was that by adding more weight to the crank on the pulley side the weights in the variator would become heavier vs rpm. With Yuminashi inertia booster fitted to the flywheel side of the crank would make the weights in the vario much lighter vs rpm. Why? Im not sure but thats the way it plays out...