Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Post by Pcxdemon »

Ive just ordered 150 head to go with my 164cc cylinder...need to replace the valve seals and guides on my 125 head but its just easier to get the brand new head and it might as well be with the bigger valves to try it out. Ive been told best power is obtained with 125 head from all the testing that it was done but im curious to see myself. On webike, takegawa 170 kits for 125 and 150,the power graph clearly shows better gains with the 150 head and up to 2hp up at 100kmh dyno runs.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Reaper wrote:As for mr.Roman, I think he is the best supplier/producer of the cylinders, pistons, cranks, etc.. We checked and measured everything here, all parts were made with the best. I am sure my engine blown not because of poor machining/measuring/overall quality of the mechanical parts. Here might be a human mistake with the wrong size injector he sold me. I know that he had to shim some of Yuminashi parts special for me because of unstable quality of the Yuminashi intake parts, he made in for free btw. Hmm.. I am not that kind of people who screaming everywhere about how bad the sellers are, what I saw was happen on this forum earlier, etc.. They all are true enthusiasts of the engine modification, they are human first, and they got much more results than me, so I think we have to show respect first, and to solve any problems just personally. So I ask everybody to stop talking about mr.Roman, I still listen to him no matter what.
Maybe it's cuz I'm in America, but if you blow up the engine of a $3449 scooter because of a careless mistake like that, it's a pretty big deal for me.

Now I ultimately understand that I will bear the cost of whatever damages occur because I made the decision to modify a perfectly good Honda engine. I get that. On the other hand, not everyone who buys a computer knows it inside and out and knows 100% how it works, so it's also reasonable to expect the person who made the product to know what the hell they're doing and not make a critical mistake that blows up your engine.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Hello mates!
I opened my damaged engine, here are the news: the upper piston ring destroyed, the piston is destroyed near the first ring perimeter area, cylinder is ok 100%, nikasil is hard as hell :) The head can be restored but I decide to buy a new head with the valves.
This happened because of lean 16 AFR and the detonation. This BBK kit came with the 6-hole "large" injector, OE injector is the same 6-hole, but looks a bit different. Now they offer 8-hole, 10-hole, and even 14-hole versions of the injector. Hmm.. How do you think, what size injector will work correctly with the 190cc engine ? :)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I'll find out for you!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper, it's B-type 10 holes! Although been further advised best to use piggy back unit for better control. You got one?
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Thank you, Pcxdemon! Yes, the B-type comes for 150esp, but I am on the A-type after installing the yuminashi intake manifold, throttle body, etc.. About a piggyback - I asked mr. Reggy, he has some for sale, but I don't see them on his website! So can't read anywhere what is this ecu. I asked him again- seems he is busy to talk with me.. :)
What means better control? Is the I-map worse control? They do the same math, I suppose. Better control=stand alone ecu with logging memory, imho.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Thank you, Pcxdemon! Yes, the B-type comes for 150esp, but I am on the A-type after installing the yuminashi intake manifold, throttle body, etc.. About a piggyback - I asked mr. Reggy, he has some for sale, but I don't see them on his website! So can't read anywhere what is this ecu. I asked him again- seems he is busy to talk with me.. :)
What means better control? Is the I-map worse control? They do the same math, I suppose. Better control=stand alone ecu with logging memory, imho.
I use Takegawa Fi-Con, its easy to hook up and works really well with adding extra fuel especially on wot. Id get that one..
Kitaco is very limited with preset maps and unless you have additional pc interface you cant edit any mapping on it. Takegawa works just by adjusting a screw clockwise to add more fuel... Say your wot afr with new b-type injector may come down to 14afr,by using takegawa ficon you may get it down to 12afr wot! big diff...
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

I looked at this Take Fi-Con, as I understand you choose a base map first according to your hardware setup, and then you can enrich/lean this base map. But, where exactly this enrichment will be done, fuel map is actually a 3D-map (rpms, throttle position, fueling% axis)? Is this effect will apply at all the map at the same time?

For example, if I run rich at lower rpm and lean at high rpm, and I just want to enrich the higher rpm area, I will totally enrich the lower rpms too? I just can not make right corrections with this unit. Or am I wrong?

I-map shows whole 3D fuel map on a PC, and you can make adjustments exactly where you want to. But, I-map PC interface is PITA to activate, I have read that people spend whole day to make their PC drivers see the i-map unit, it is not that easy.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:I looked at this Take Fi-Con, as I understand you choose a base map first according to your hardware setup, and then you can enrich/lean this base map. But, where exactly this enrichment will be done, fuel map is actually a 3D-map (rpms, throttle position, fueling% axis)? Is this effect will apply at all the map at the same time?

For example, if I run rich at lower rpm and lean at high rpm, and I just want to enrich the higher rpm area, I will totally enrich the lower rpms too? I just can not make right corrections with this unit. Or am I wrong?

I-map shows whole 3D fuel map on a PC, and you can make adjustments exactly where you want to. But, I-map PC interface is PITA to activate, I have read that people spend whole day to make their PC drivers see the i-map unit, it is not that easy.
You're correct. In my instance, I chose a 125 map with exhaust upgrade only. 170cc map doesn't work with already bigger injector, it just fuels it too much. Bigger injector alone still makes it tad rich in low rpms but once it goes wot my afr is 13.5-.7. So when I selected ficon 125cc map with performance exhaust it looked it was spot on. Low rpms were still like with injector only tad rich but wot came down to 12.5-.8. a considerable wot afr drop. If I turn the screw for more fuel it does feel like it adds bit more fuel everywhere but it doesn't affect it adversely though. If you have afr meter you can get most of it right there on the go but it's not the miracle solution but it's an effective and easy for the money.
I had kitaco IMAP interface and a program to run it. I could open the mapping and edit it but you can only do that while the engine is turned off. It was a nightmare to tune..
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

It seems there is a good ecu solution on the market : http://www.yuminashi.eu/stand-alone-ecu ... rrencyId=2
but today it only comes for Honda Grom, I suppose they will produce a pcx version of it soon.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

There is nothing like when mixing it up with a burgervan 400cc up to 80-90kmh. Dead even up to those speeds than the 400 shows bigger heart and legs..
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

Need instructions in English for the Takegawa FIcon2. Anyone have them????
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I'll have a look what I've got. What do you actually need? Wiring it up as well as the setting instructions?
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

Wiring, and the easiest way to go about it. Hoping there is a "shortcut" instead of having to remove each and every body panel. Especially since there is more than one setting possible, it should be easy to get to.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Have you got email and I'll send you some photos?
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

That would be rad. Sent you a PM.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Branyers wrote:That would be rad. Sent you a PM.
I got nothing yet.
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

Ok, send to weberbk at gmail dot com
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Branyers wrote:Ok, send to weberbk at gmail dot com
Sent!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Setting the ficon:

1. key off,throttle 0% to 100%

2. key on, green led light on flashing

3. select number 5

4. open throttle 100% then close all completed in 1 sec

5. key off,its done

6. select desired pre made mapping from the photo shown being:

#5 125/150 original engine +cam +sport exhaust with spaces 6 to A available for further increases in fuel each slot for map #5

#B 170cc + stock cam + stock exhaust
#C 170cc + sport cam + stock exhaust
#D 170cc + Sport cam + sport exhaust E to 3 on dial allow for further fuel increases for map D...

You must have key OFF for each time you change map or adjust fueling...

Hope that helps!