Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Yuminashi Pcx 164cc

Post by Pcxdemon »

nribeiro wrote:Thanks for the reply.
After the torque spring change the PCX turned a litle demon!!! And yesterday I did a small mod on the JCosta vario. I modified the sliders so the total could be 90 grams. What a diference!!! If I'm at 40kph and accelerate just a bit what a boost!!! The engine rev's fast and powerfull!
I'm still not able to reach 120kph on flats but almost there and I'm still thinking if I'm not beeing unfair with her since in Lisbon I don't know why it's beeing windy more than usual!!! Even so my PCX is more powerfull than stock and can keep good speed with lot's of wind.

About upgrade mine... Probably I'll upgrade just the valves spring since the stock ones start to float before the electronic limiter kicks in and I think will help a lot. I want cheap mod's for the engine first.
To install the valve springs you will need to take the head off,new head gasket...you may as well spend little extra and get the big bore cylinder because its only extra 40min labour to whack it in at that stage. You will never look back!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Ok, so far I've done 65 miles running her in. The cold engine idle is settling in,computer is adjusting quite fine. Fingers crossed no issues so far. I cannot praise enough at hiow fast is this scooter atm, all I can say is its ballistic. It's just a whole another level up from Takegawa. When cruising below 7k rpm it sounds like a mini Ducati but as soon as it hits 7k rpm the cams happy rev it changes sound in to the angry chainsaw with power in abundance at 1/3 of the throttłe. Cruising at 40 mph and wot that throttle I'm hitting 62mph in no time and I mean no time...this is FUN!! Its like sticking a big v8 in to the little club car..... :lol: :lol:
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Pcxdemon wrote:Ok, so far I've done 65 miles running her in. The cold engine idle is settling in,computer is adjusting quite fine. Fingers crossed no issues so far. I cannot praise enough at hiow fast is this scooter atm, all I can say is its ballistic. It's just a whole another level up from Takegawa. When cruising below 7k rpm it sounds like a mini Ducati but as soon as it hits 7k rpm the cams happy rev it changes sound in to the angry chainsaw with power in abundance at 1/3 of the throttłe. Cruising at 40 mph and wot that throttle I'm hitting 62mph in no time and I mean no time...this is FUN!! Its like sticking a big v8 in to the little club car..... :lol: :lol:
Awesome! This is the kind of Mod that I have been looking for. Thanx for being a pioneer.

Would you possibly be able to take some video?
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Slickvic wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:Ok, so far I've done 65 miles running her in. The cold engine idle is settling in,computer is adjusting quite fine. Fingers crossed no issues so far. I cannot praise enough at hiow fast is this scooter atm, all I can say is its ballistic. It's just a whole another level up from Takegawa. When cruising below 7k rpm it sounds like a mini Ducati but as soon as it hits 7k rpm the cams happy rev it changes sound in to the angry chainsaw with power in abundance at 1/3 of the throttłe. Cruising at 40 mph and wot that throttle I'm hitting 62mph in no time and I mean no time...this is FUN!! Its like sticking a big v8 in to the little club car..... :lol: :lol:
Awesome! This is the kind of Mod that I have been looking for. Thanx for being a pioneer.

Would you possibly be able to take some video?
Soon i will,i want to see if i can get cheap but decent Go Pro camera alike to make a nice vid...
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Post by Pcxdemon »

New Koso temperature gauge installed, it's matching Koso afr gauge.

http://youtu.be/9IKj0cSM6ps
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Pcxdemon wrote:New Koso temperature gauge installed, it's matching Koso afr gauge.

Kind of hard to tell in the video, but where is the temperature sensor placed?
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Slickvic wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:New Koso temperature gauge installed, it's matching Koso afr gauge.

Kind of hard to tell in the video, but where is the temperature sensor placed?
Runs of the stock temp sensor in the head...sorry for the bad quality, I've recorded it on my new iPad Air,should be recording a lot better than that for the price.. :roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Excuse me for coming into this discussion late, but I am trying to figure out if you are working on the 150 or if you are just swapping some 150 parts into a 125 and replacing the cam etc? I'm not a mechanic so some of this is foreign to me. I want to get a big bore kit for my 150 at some point, but I want someone else to install it. First though I want someone to test the kits to see which is best. I had been leaning toward Takegawa until I started reading this thread. Now I need to know if this is about the 150.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Mel he has a PCX 125 v1. The yuminashi kit makes more power but the takegawa kit is very reliable and comes with the FIcon2 with preloaded maps. The takegawa kit will make just over 16hp at the rear wheel reliably.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mel46 wrote:Excuse me for coming into this discussion late, but I am trying to figure out if you are working on the 150 or if you are just swapping some 150 parts into a 125 and replacing the cam etc? I'm not a mechanic so some of this is foreign to me. I want to get a big bore kit for my 150 at some point, but I want someone else to install it. First though I want someone to test the kits to see which is best. I had been leaning toward Takegawa until I started reading this thread. Now I need to know if this is about the 150.
Hi Mel, as Mike said..I have 125 first series Pcx. I've replaced the lot except the head as 125 head non esp have the best head for biggest power gains..
The difference between Yuminashi and takegawa is considerable, so much so that I'm poping wheelies just of the throttle control, Takegawa couldn't do that... Reliability wise,I can't say yet so far as I've only just started playing with this kit. It took me little while to tune it right in respect using a correct plug and adjusting idle control valve but now she is as good as anything. I've been used to takegawa power now for a quite a while so when I'm taking of the lights now I really have to watch my throttle input as the wheel goes up way to easy,scared the shit out of me the first time it happened! I just didn't excepted that in the slightest....:D
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Vlad, how would you compare your 17hp takegawa setup vs the new yuminashi setup? The takegawa kit for our 150s makes 16hp. Will that pop wheelies?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Vlad, how would you compare your 17hp takegawa setup vs the new yuminashi setup? The takegawa kit for our 150s makes 16hp. Will that pop wheelies?
Only if you pull on the handle bars.. I'd say yuminashi has a good 25-30% more power than my previous set up. On a side note, my temp gauge reads 85c degrees while riding and 87c degrees while idling,seems fairly stable. Does anyone know thermostat opening temperature?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

According to the manual, for a v1 125 it begins to open 74-78'C and is fully open at 100'C. (165-172 F and 212 F fully open in old money)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Alibally wrote:According to the manual, for a v1 125 it begins to open 74-78'C and is fully open at 100'C. (165-172 F and 212 F fully open in old money)
Thanks Alibally, so she about spot on there...
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I've been toying with Yuminashi Inertia power booster..

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Do you need to drain the coolant or can you just pull the radiator out of the way?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

No need to drain it. Just comes out of the way..
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

did you have an issue with the fan hitting after booster was intalled
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

mikelx5 wrote:did you have an issue with the fan hitting after booster was intalled
No, only interferes when fitted on esp cranks. You need spacers when mounting back the radiator on those models.
oldbiker
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2012 non esp
Color: Black is cooler

Post by oldbiker »

Pcxdemon you mentioned your temperature gauge mounts at the stock head. If you have got a photo could you indicate where on the head. I am about to fit my temperature gauge. Thanks in advance.