YSS shock plus more ....

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcx125
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: White

YSS shock plus more ....

Post by pcx125 »

Hi all,

I found the website below is quite good for some of the Accessories, so just want to share with you all.

http://www.scooter-center.com/search?qu ... view=small

Is there anyone have an experience with YSS shock series C or E for PCX125 ? which one should I go with ?

Shock absorber rear -YSS C, 310mm
http://www.scooter-center.com/product/Y ... a=&lang=en

or

Shock absorber rear -YSS E, 310mm
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User

Re: YSS shock plus more ....

Post by pcx125 »

Can someone help me with YSS shock ?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

You need to be looking at pcx shocks. They are spring rate and valving specific.
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

...I think these YSS shocks look the best on a PCX...........
Attachments
pcx - 2 005.jpg
pcx - 2 005.jpg (259.4 KiB) Viewed 10153 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

They do look spot on tbh
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

Are these the ones? http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-amortis ... 80858.html
Anything available in the US?
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx125 »

The delivery from Thai is quite expensive :)
Just wonder the one below is fixe or not for PCX125 ? its free delivery .

Shock absorber rear -YSS C, 310mm

or

Shock absorber rear -YSS E, 310mm
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

depthman wrote:Are these the ones? http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-amortis ... 80858.html
Anything available in the US?
no not the same...the ones you showed have the reservoir at the bottom - mine's at the top.....
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx125 »

So , is it still fix for PCX125 ?
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

So, it looks like the POWERBYPCX shocks are a bit over $300 with shipping to US. Hatari, where did you get yours from? thanks
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah, but PowerbyPCX has offered a 10% off coupon to PCX forum members. Request the code via PM. Look under our "Vendor For Sale forum" > Accessories for PCX > Pg.6

I have a question, will the YSS shocks shown by PowerbyPCX (on Page 4) also fit the 2015 model? I'm guessing Yes(?)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
alexgrey

Post by alexgrey »

Hello dear forumers,

I am a lucky owner of the new pcx 125 2014. I like everything in this model except the rear suspension and windshield. I already read this forum and decided to YSS z-offset suspension TE-302-310T 70-90 kgs. Contrary to expected it had only spring preload adjustment and not rebound dumping.
Anyway, after playing with the spring preload I found that it is perfect when I drive duo (120kgs) but still too harsh when I drive alone (75kg). I feel that suspension has little bouncing on the road irregularities and thus still hitting hard on the back like the original.

Could you please recommend what should I change to make it softer? Do I have to buy a smaller size for 50-70 kgs (smaller spring rate) or try the one with adjustable compression and rebound dumping? Or try the one with adjustable size?

Thanks in advance!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good questions :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

alexgrey wrote:Hello dear forumers,

I am a lucky owner of the new pcx 125 2014. I like everything in this model except the rear suspension and windshield. I already read this forum and decided to YSS z-offset suspension TE-302-310T 70-90 kgs. Contrary to expected it had only spring preload adjustment and not rebound dumping.
Anyway, after playing with the spring preload I found that it is perfect when I drive duo (120kgs) but still too harsh when I drive alone (75kg). I feel that suspension has little bouncing on the road irregularities and thus still hitting hard on the back like the original.

Could you please recommend what should I change to make it softer? Do I have to buy a smaller size for 50-70 kgs (smaller spring rate) or try the one with adjustable compression and rebound dumping? Or try the one with adjustable size?

Thanks in advance!
Spring is too hard
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

hatari wrote:...I think these YSS shocks look the best on a PCX...........
The "upside down" shock construction is more effective, because of the less unweighted mass on the wheel. I also very interested to buy these YSS G-PLUS shocks, but I am heavy 115kg, and the G-EURO XXL (110kgs) seems the better choice, but their cans are on the lower side :((

So what to buy, the YSS G-EURO XXL with the right marked weight 110kgs (lower tank position) or the YSS G-PLUS with the right construction and NO ANY infromation about the rider's weight? :)

Hatari, what is your weight? What is your opinion about these shocks? Thank you.
NSX 3.0

Post by NSX 3.0 »

Just installed a set of YSS Hybrid shocks and big difference IMO much more planted smoother ride I love them. Those stock shocks on the PCX are junk wish I would of changed them out months ago. Ordered from Power by PCX for $175 US to my door took about 21 days.
IMG_0300 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_0300 (1024x768).jpg (595.86 KiB) Viewed 9667 times
Ben2talk
Year: 2015
Color: Grey/black

Post by Ben2talk »

NSX 3.0 wrote:Just installed a set of YSS Hybrid shocks and big difference IMO much more planted smoother ride I love them. Those stock shocks on the PCX are junk wish I would of changed them out months ago. Ordered from Power by PCX for $175 US to my door took about 21 days.
IMG_0300 (1024x768).jpg
Okay - interesting, but we need to know if these springs were specifically rated...
Worried now about YSS G-Plus shocks rated 70-90kg might feel really hard for me (I'm 82kg, ride with my son now 14kg=100kg, wife 40kg=140kg max). Riding on unmade road loaded up means the centrestand bounces on the road! But the bike still feels rough over rough roads with just me n son 100kg.

How heavy are you?
Important to note you're upgrading the older pcx, and wondering if the 2015 PCX150 has the same shocks...

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/bennn/389324]
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

This is just personal, but I don't like the reservoir on the shocks and not paying 300 or more for scooter shocks......., so I put on the Z type YSS shocks… For me they are absolutely perfect after adjusting them to the mid to soft setting… HUGE diff over stock. Got them from Bikerzbitz , they just came back in stock...only 130 with shipping
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

I agree. I have the z series myself also and love them in every way. It blend in nicely with the original lines of the scooter and as I'm not racing the scooter the external reseorvoir would not give me anything more (both can be only adjusted for preload only).

For the OP the stock shocks are not hard at all. In fact the hard hits on bumps that you feel as harshness is the stock shock fully compresses and you hit the limiter.

Please keep in mind that the honda bali has a monosohock system, so even if the ends of the shock would fit you should buy 2. Plus as the whole swingarm assembly is supported by a single spring on the bali the spring rate would be off for pcx.

The yss product number is quite descriptive including type, spring rate, damping lenght etc. So in case you can get the exact product id for the given shock you could have a better educated guess on wether they would fit or not.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Ben2talk wrote:
NSX 3.0 wrote:Just installed a set of YSS Hybrid shocks and big difference IMO much more planted smoother ride I love them. Those stock shocks on the PCX are junk wish I would of changed them out months ago. Ordered from Power by PCX for $175 US to my door took about 21 days.
IMG_0300 (1024x768).jpg
Okay - interesting, but we need to know if these springs were specifically rated...
Worried now about YSS G-Plus shocks rated 70-90kg might feel really hard for me (I'm 82kg, ride with my son now 14kg=100kg, wife 40kg=140kg max). Riding on unmade road loaded up means the centrestand bounces on the road! But the bike still feels rough over rough roads with just me n son 100kg.

How heavy are you?
Important to note you're upgrading the older pcx, and wondering if the 2015 PCX150 has the same shocks...
Although it's a comparative (heavy isn't an absolute) I'm heavy compared to you. Should I be worried.

I'm not btw