Honda NC700

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Honda NC700

Post by Fiah »

gn2 wrote: Glossary: :lol:
Dreich
Greenock
No wonder the scotts make such good whiskey :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You'll not find whiskey from Scotland and scotts is porage oats :roll:

http://www.scotch-whisky.org.uk/underst ... otch/faqs/
http://www.scottsporage.co.uk/home.php
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Well it was not planned but had a 2nd ride on the NCX today. Met my bro up at the dealers for a coffee and as the bike was available :)

This time round i had my Sidi Vertigo boots on and i felt a lot more confident reaching the floor (my jeans are all 30 inch in length). Enjoyed a good blast on twisty roads and the weather being better than first test ride i really let it rip. I love how the bike is easy to throw around the bends and the lower centre of gravity makes the bike feel a lot lighter than it is which makes it very easy balancing on the bike.
The petrol cap under rear seat is no longer an issue as honda, Givi and Renntec all make racks for the bike to carry luggage so no need to strap to back of seat. Like i said before it is the storage that has really won me over (as well as the fact i can ride it comfortably). My SV was only ever used for ride outs but the PCX goes shopping a lot. Having on board storage for bits of shopping will make a huge difference to my usage. I hate top boxes so the No tank storage was designed for me :) There is also a small space for storage under rear seat that can take gloves or a toolkit etc

Both red and silver look lovely on the bike. Not seen a black or white but have no interest in those colours. I think it is time i stop going to the dealer and the next time i go will be to buy a bike! Got price down to 5500 which is 350 of list price so am happy with that with a discount on any accessories of 15% (got discount on the new panels i needed for PCX too). As to when i get one who bloody knows. things are up in the air with work and also a major change coming wifeys way in regards to work over the summer so maybe September when the PCX is a year old.....
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

gn2 wrote:You'll not find whiskey from Scotland and scotts is porage oats :roll:

http://www.scotch-whisky.org.uk/underst ... otch/faqs/
http://www.scottsporage.co.uk/home.php
Hah, you know I briefly looked it up and came away with the impression that 'whisky' was just the American English spelling, I didn't know that the different spellings actually reveal the origin!

TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Taz wrote:i should add that I need XL size helmet and so dont think many XL or bigger full face or modular helmets will fit in the 700D or S. If anyone can prove me wrong I would be happy to know. I can fit under my PCX a full face XL Shark vision - r, gloves, overtrousers and jacket. Admitably the seat bulges around all that a bit, but if I were to buy another scooter would expect the same or more storage. I looked at a Burgman 650 Executive and you could fit 2 helmets plus more under seat and it had 3 glove boxes to the Integra one. My knees also hit the Burgman dash but I could do a humpectomy on that to fix that, whereas I couldnt see how I could easily mod the Integra seat.

On the Ninja, looks like a nice bike as long as you can stomach that putrid green color. Animator you need to take my opinion on that as you called the PCX as being like your daughters bike, which I see as flame on a PCX forum.
Some XL helmets that do fit as tried by owners of the NCX

Arai Condor XL
Caberg Trip XL

There is a whole bunch that dont though......
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

gn2 wrote:
EddieC wrote:What would you call a gold colored vehicle gn2?
Depends what vehicle it was.
There aren't many "gold" scooters about, but grey is everywhere right now.
In the UK it's getting more difficult all the time to get a scooter with a decent colour.
I just hate "silver" (grey) scooters and bikes.
Scooters and bikes should be painted bold vibrant colours in keeping with their being lighthearted fun to use.
Not painted a dull and boring grey like a dreich day in Greenock.

Glossary: :lol:
Dreich
Greenock
After giving it some thought I would have to agree that bold and vibrant is the way forward. So the red would be my choice. Will be stuck with it for many years and have always wanted a red bike and am sure I would regret and get bored of the silver/grey colour quickly.
Animator

Post by Animator »

First, I was offering a comparison of features. Second it wasn't a flame on the PCX. Sorry your narrow mind took it that way. I still own it and ride it. I was trying to compare how different they felt. I didn't expect the PCX to feel so small after riding something bigger. I never owned or rode anything else before the PCX. The Ninja and the PCX are after all almost the same size, side by side. The Ninja is a bit longer and wider, same seat height though.

Go ahead and censor to your heart's delight. This is clearly the snob forum now.
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

Animator wrote:This is clearly the snob forum now.
Well, clearly I guess :?
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Animator
This is a PCX forum, not a snob forum! Its great you have a Ninja and nice to get some feedback but this specific thread is on the NC700 series. Im not a snob or narrow minded so please stop name calling and keep info relevent!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Taz wrote:Animator
This is a PCX forum, not a snob forum! Its great you have a Ninja and nice to get some feedback but this specific thread is on the NC700 series. Im not a snob or narrow minded so please stop name calling and keep info relevent!
:-P
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

So PCX is getting front repaired Friday and my friendly dealer is letting me have that red nc700x demo for a few hours :-)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Animator -

I haven't deleted or edited a single post in here. I have never deleted anything from you, and would not without your permission or unless you intentionally start a flame war. IF I were to do so,
ANY posts that are removed for flaming go here: http://hondapcx.org/viewforum.php?f=17

This is the internet, and you're taking this far too seriously. Check back on the earlier pages of this thread to make sure your posts aren't there, or perhaps double-check to make sure your posts actually stuck (might have had a browser error or something).

Per the forum rules,
maddiedog wrote:That said, I firmly believe that you as a user, should never be censored or denied the right to express your opinion. If you express your opinion in a way that is disrespectful to others, it may result in the active thread being locked, your account being suspended, or your account being banned.
I will never deny you the right to say your mind here. If you think the NC700 is rubbish and your Ninja is better, SAY IT! Your post is still there, unedited. No one is censoring you.

Per my manifesto when I started this forum:
maddiedog wrote:Unlike Corsport, I have no agenda or parts to sell. I will never censor you. I will never edit your posts. I will never talk down on you or act like I'm better than you because I run the forums.
I still stand to gain nothing by deleting your posts. This site is free of ads, and always will be. I gain NOTHING for running it. I get a net loss of the cost of keeping the domain registered per year(under $10), and a net gain of whatever knowledge I learn here, which is certainly worth the cost to me.

If you don't like the way I run this site, I'll be sad to see you go. I don't have to defend myself to you, but I feel obligated to, because I'm proud that I keep this site free, neutral, and open to all opinions.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

maddiedog wrote:I'm proud that I keep this site free, neutral, and open to all opinions.
Rightly so, you run an excellent forum sir. :D
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

gn2 wrote:
maddiedog wrote:I'm proud that I keep this site free, neutral, and open to all opinions.
Go away! We don't like you! :x

:D
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

gn2 wrote:
ImageImage ImageImage Image
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Think I saw a white Integra the other day. It wasn't as pig ugly as I expected. I didn't get a great look at it as it was going in the opposite direction, but I wonder if it's just not that photogenic.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

My dealer has sold no Integras yet. They are pointless as have no storage and feel clumsy and bulky.
Today spent 90 mins on an X and 60 mins on a S. Rode same route on fast roads amd twisties. Also rode home to see which I could back out of garage easier.
No contest to me. S feels sportier, more flickable round bends, slightly sportier seating position which I find more comfy, not so heavy and best of all very easy to flatfoot. Only minus is no wind protection and was hairy doing 90. The S is now on the list and the X is crossed off (pun intended) :-)
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Nice review, TC3. I felt the 700S was too small for me but am on the large size so I must look silly on the PCX! You can get touring screens for the 700S. I think Honda do one and I think if you search Puig/Givi/Ermax some or all them do screens too.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Taz you are right about the screens. Am watching what others buy on NC700 forum. There was another guy test riding and he liked the S but like you was tall so he ordered the X.
Forgot to add I tried a Kriega US10 on back seat and does not get in way when lifting seat to refuel. The larger US10 would also fit so for me it is enough along with the front storage to hold what I need for a bit of touring. Very flexible bike once you add a slightly bigger screen
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Here are the 2 bikes i went out on.

Fits shorty me like a glove :) (Ignore the ugly buildings in back)