Slow take off from stop till 15-20mph

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Slow take off from stop till 15-20mph

Post by MaLLoc »

Honda pcx 2011 after I took a long trip 200 miles the next day I filled up and it just has no power at take off till about 15-20 mph , after that it has it's normal speed and power , I have already tried a new spark plug and fuel cleaner and gone threw 7 more fill ups with no change, anyone know what's up or ideas
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Slow take off from stop till 15-20mph

Post by Alibally »

You just filled it. Bad fuel?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

How many miles on your pcx?
Does it do it on the stand too?
I'd check your variator belt and rollers. If your rollers are flat spotted they could be getting stuck and hindering your acceleration.
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MaLLoc »

Mgalutia88 wrote:How many miles on your pcx?
Does it do it on the stand too?
I'd check your variator belt and rollers. If your rollers are flat spotted they could be getting stuck and hindering your acceleration.
Strange enough I just changed my rollers to dr pulley slider and 16 gram I was getting about 63-65 instead of 61-62 but now also it is doing 61-62 again , the Ike has 17.000 on it
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

So is the problem with standard rollers fitted or with the Dr Pulleys fitted?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MaLLoc »

gn2 wrote:So is the problem with standard rollers fitted or with the Dr Pulleys fitted?
The problem is as I stated in the first place , it has no power till about 20 mph , it ran fine 1 day then next it didn't
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Replace your belt. You stated that you were getting 63-64 mph and then dropped to 61-62 mph. Your belt has stretched out. Change it. Also best performance on a stock bike will generally be with 12g sliders/rollers. It allows the bike to rev higher and reach it's peak power band.
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MaLLoc »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Replace your belt. You stated that you were getting 63-64 mph and then dropped to 61-62 mph. Your belt has stretched out. Change it. Also best performance on a stock bike will generally be with 12g sliders/rollers. It allows the bike to rev higher and reach it's peak power band.
Getting off the main topic , I have no power till about 20mph , the belt is new the sliders are new the spark plug is new , bike ran fine then it didn't all a sudden
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

To clarify this, when you say no power, does it rev and not pull or is there no throttle response at low speeds? Does it rev ok on the centre stand?
Have you stripped the pulley and checked the belt and weights? Just because they are new doesn't mean they can't fail. Are the brakes free and not binding?

Can you post a video to show us what it does?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Yes please. We are just trying to help.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

That is similar to what happened to me and it was the belt. At the time it only had 400 miles on the scooter. When they opened it up they found out that there was extra lube (from the factory in my case) that got on the belt. Although I did have a belt squeal until after 20 mph.

Let us know if you found out what the problem was.
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MaLLoc »

i checked belt no oil on it and still in new condition , still cant find anyone to tell me what things is could be , all a dealer would say is it could be 3 things 1 was the computer , as of now it starts to stutter sometimes now between 30-40
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

My bike has always done that. When you first gun it, the computer selects a reduced power. Then, after about a second, full power kicks in. This make it less jumpy when maneuvering in parking lots and stop and go traffic.
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MaLLoc »

sendler2112 wrote:My bike has always done that. When you first gun it, the computer selects a reduced power. Then, after about a second, full power kicks in. This make it less jumpy when maneuvering in parking lots and stop and go traffic.
well most of them are fast off the line idk about yours , most cars would have to gun it to beat the pcx off the line , this is not normal for mine to act like a 50cc off the line till 20mph
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

You say nobody will tell you what to check but we are telling you the normal things that cause this. Again, how long did this happen after you changed to the sliders? How old is your air filter? How many miles on the scoot now?
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MaLLoc »

Mgalutia88 wrote:You say nobody will tell you what to check but we are telling you the normal things that cause this. Again, how long did this happen after you changed to the sliders? How old is your air filter? How many miles on the scoot now?

i have said i checked the normal things i can check , has new spark plug air filter has a few thousand miles on it , belt has 2-3 thousand miles on it bike has 19000 thousand miles , after i put sliders same as the belt about 2-3 thousand miles latter it happened after a long 200 mile trip , the variator has some grooves on the mid to higher end but low end seem fine , on the kickstand the bike revs all the way to 67 mph and seems normal , wile riding it goes 60 and very slow from 0-20 , would oxygen sensor do something like this? and i dont know how to check the computer , or coil or any other electronic thing that could make this happen
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

MaLLoc wrote:
Mgalutia88 wrote:You say nobody will tell you what to check but we are telling you the normal things that cause this. Again, how long did this happen after you changed to the sliders? How old is your air filter? How many miles on the scoot now?

i have said i checked the normal things i can check , has new spark plug air filter has a few thousand miles on it , belt has 2-3 thousand miles on it bike has 19000 thousand miles , after i put sliders same as the belt about 2-3 thousand miles latter it happened after a long 200 mile trip , the variator has some grooves on the mid to higher end but low end seem fine , on the kickstand the bike revs all the way to 67 mph and seems normal , wile riding it goes 60 and very slow from 0-20 , would oxygen sensor do something like this? and i dont know how to check the computer , or coil or any other electronic thing that could make this happen
Hmm..19000 miles? You know the vario is consumable part? It needs replacing by the sounds of it. Thats all i can think of unless you have got a wrong spark plug or installed the sliders the wrong way but you said it rode fine for 200mile trip.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Guaranteed method to save yourself a shitload of faultfinding hassle and repair bills:
Sell it and buy a new one.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MaLLoc »

gn2 wrote:Guaranteed method to save yourself a shitload of faultfinding hassle and repair bills:
Sell it and buy a new one.

lol i was planning on that actually the day it broke was the day i went to go buy a 2013 150 but then the guy changed the parameters of the sale after i rode 100 miles with a friend on the back to ride it back , so i didnt buy it
zeglarz
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by zeglarz »

hello guys,
The problem which I have is: low throttle response at low speeds especially. To achieve the full speed takes much longer if I can get there at all. It feels like the scooter is suffocating. Any ideas? Many thanks