Burgman 200

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Burgman 200

Post by scisor34 »

I took a Burgman 200 for a short ride yesterday and figured I'd share my thoughts. Acceleration definitely has a little more pep than the PCX 150. Nice gauge cluster, tach, mpg, etc. Felt very nimble yet stable at speed. Windshield did a fairly good job of keeping the wind off my face. I did not like the ergonomics at all. The low seat height is nice, but in relation the floorboards are too high making for an uncomfortable riding position, far too much bend at the waist. If you're considering this machine, spend a few minutes sitting on it while it's on its centerstand to see if this is an issue for you.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Burgman 200

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for that review. Been waiting to hear about the 200. How tall are you scisor, maybe that's the reason you're uncomfortable on it? I'm anxious to see/sit on one myself. Also anxious for the New 2015 PCX to arrive. Makes me wonder....how's the overall weight feel in comparison to the PCX? Is it as easy to move about in tight spaces as the PCX is? Is the seat wider than the PCX? Hmm...what other questions do I have? :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Too little too late. :-( I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the 200. Finally I just bit the bullet and bought a 2013 PCX 150. I love it but I really wanted to see and try the Burgman 200 first. I still haven't seen one around here though. I traded down from the B400 so I am trying to get use to less power. However, the PCX has it all over my Burgman when it comes to maneuverability, especially in city traffic and tight places. I have to wonder how the new B200 manuvers. I still want to see and try it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Thanks for that review. Been waiting to hear about the 200. How tall are you scisor, maybe that's the reason you're uncomfortable on it? I'm anxious to see/sit on one myself. Also anxious for the New 2015 PCX to arrive. Makes me wonder....how's the overall weight feel in comparison to the PCX? Is it as easy to move about in tight spaces as the PCX is? Is the seat wider than the PCX? Hmm...what other questions do I have? :D
I'm 5'10". The seat is a lot wider than the PCX seat. It felt a little heavier than the PCX, but still very light and nimble. I really didn't like the ergonomics, maybe it's because I'm so used to the PCX, but if the floorboards were a couple inches lower in relation to the seat it would have been much more comfortable. I did like the extra pep though, it got me thinking about bumping the cc's of my 150. Keeping an eye on the "Mods" section here to see how it's turning out for other people before pulling the trigger.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

When I was out last Saturday I saw the Burgman 200 as well, but I didn't sit on it because I 'm looking at something at least 400cc and up. I did notice that it was much lower then the PCX and had a wider seat which I would like both but since I didn't sit on it I couldn't comment on the leg room. I actually liked the instrument cluster, it's looks very similar to the Burgman 400. The leg room and the height took the Forza out of the running for me. To me the Forza was not comfortable at all. Maybe next time I go into look at scooters I will sit on the 200 to see for my self how it feels.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Went to local bike shop a week or so ago to sit on a 200 burger. Not a one among the hundred or so bikes on the floor. Salesman said he did have one and it sold pronto. Added he would be getting another in soon.
I just called today and 200 is in transit to his store and should arrive mid next week. Waiting continues.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

What's this? :? No photo! C'mon.....show us already! :oops:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (71.64 KiB) Viewed 6010 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I keep calling around but no dealer down here has seen one yet. I even had one dealer say that he had not even heard that they were sending any to the USA. I guess he doesn't follow it like the rest of the scooter world does. I really do want to see, touch, ride, and just sit on one to see if it would work out as another bike in our household. At this rate though we won't even get to see one until the 2015 PCX arrives.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:What's this? :? No photo! C'mon.....show us already! :oops:

Looks retro. Late 90s nondescript. Is it better in the flesh or to ride?
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Did you top out the 200? I rode the Burgman 400 at Americade. Very fast machine. Expensive though. Not quite as smooth as the PCX but has a comfortable riding position and a big windshield. The rider that was two in front of me got gapped in the twisties so we were chasing back on to the group on the Interstate. I saw 95mph indicated and was not on full throttle.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, when I had my 400 it had no problems with speed. It was meant for long rides. I liked the regular windshield but opted for the even bigger Givi. That way I felt no wind at all while riding on the freeway. However, it is big, which makes running around locally a lot harder than the pcx. That is why I traded down to the PCX 150. That doesn't mean it isn't a great bike. I just wanted something smaller. I had hoped to see the 200 before I purchased the pcx but it wasn't to be, so I am just going to enjoy my little pcx.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Too bad Mel you aren't up my way. They have one in the showroom at the Suzuki dealership.This is the dealership's website with pics of the Burgman 200 http://www.suzukiofcarolstream.com/new_ ... ov=3719020 Scooters around here don't sell well. I'm looking at the Burgman 400 ($5998) and a Silver Wing ($6988), both are brand new on the lot that are 2012. The price on them aren't bad as well.
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

I haven't seen or ridden the Burgman 200 but I just can't get past the small wheels/tires. The 12 inch rear wheel is the real turn-off for me. On the other hand, I trust that the Suzuki engineers know a little more than me about designing bikes.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks kat for the link! Lots of good pics of the 200. The color silver looks very light (U.S.' choice only).
Do tell, were you tempted to sit on it?
Geezy, kinda makes ya nervous right? I thought the same thing when I read the front was 13" and rear 12" :roll: Both good widths though. Why aren't they the same size?
Get this!! My former Piaggio MP3 had two larger wheels up front & one smaller in the rear. You would think they would all be equal on a three wheeler? Right? What the heck do I know :roll:
Piaggio, Honda, others, have their building reasons. Safety first? But then You'd think "Go Darkside" :lol:
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

No WhiteNoise, I wasn't temped to sit on it. It's only a 50cc difference and i was, what's the point. It looked very short but had it come out last year I think I would have had a hard time choosing between the PCX and the Burgman 200. Although it has all the features that I like that is coming out on the new PCX it is more expensive but it has 50cc more.I think it really is a toss up between the two.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Why aren't they the same size?
Because the smaller the rear wheel the larger the storage space under the seat.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Well frick!! Is that the Only reason??!! No safety concerns at all about mix/match wheel sizes?

gn2, what's your thoughts/opinions on the 2014 Burg 200 vs 2015 PCX 150. You know, Pros/Cons? Both bikes will be arriving nearby within a month or 2-3 apart from each other. Both store managers are aware of my interest.
I also want to see the Vespa Sprint. Dealer said he will be looking into that soon (As I mentioned their recent arrival in Texas).
I almost wished the Forza fit me or I should say...that "I" fit the Forza. A bit of a disappointment. Ah well that's the name of the game.
A 200 PCX would be nice 8) Might that happen???
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well, that small rear tire was a disappointment. I really like my Burgman 400, but I am not too sure I would feel the same about the 200. The one thing I don't like about my PCX is the fact that there is no built in wind protection for our legs. The Burgman had that, as well as the newest 2015 PCX, which I haven't seen yet. Otherwise, the PCX is a great bike.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Well, that small rear tire was a disappointment. I really like my Burgman 400, but I am not too sure I would feel the same about the 200. The one thing I don't like about my PCX is the fact that there is no built in wind protection for our legs. The Burgman had that, as well as the newest 2015 PCX, which I haven't seen yet. Otherwise, the PCX is a great bike.

Wind protection?

How fast are you going!,