My Husband and I both got the PCX 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

My Husband and I both got the PCX 150

Post by Steph »

Hello,

We live in Southeast Michigan. Got my motorcycle endorsement recently. I wear a day-glo helmet and armored jacket when riding. I feel that this is the best way to go with the car traffic. don't see a lot of scooters where I live.

Is there a PCX club in Michigan? Just curious.
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Re: My Husband and I both got the PCX 150

Post by Kermit »

Hello! My husband and I did the two-fer as well! We don't see many scooters where we live, either. I wish there were more...would be fun to have some riding buddies.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Hi, The scooter purchase idea originated with me. I was browsing scooters and got caught by my Hubby and he was really into it. After researching I decided on the PCX 150 and my Hubby was cool with and we made the purchase.

I get cold feet when on roads that require speeds around 60. Prefer speeds up to 50. maybe I'm a wuss? LOL!

Once in a while we do see another scooter, but it's rare.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cheers to you and your hubby! Lots of Fun times lie ahead :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, doing 60 mph on them is a little scary. It really isn't meant for long rides at that speed, though it will do it. It is meant for those back roads that take you to great places that most people never see because they spend their lives rushing back and forth on the freeway. You can get to your destination too, but you will enjoy your journey as well. And...you two will be doing it together. My wife and I have 2 red PCX 150s and we go all over together, and we enjoy ourselves while we are going places. The advantage of the PCX is that it can go all sorts of places while you remain relatively comfortable. Of course, you may have to change out that seat andwindscreen, and add a tailbox for extra equipment or gas. Still, the 2013 PCX 150 can fit accessories from previous PCX 125s, so that should not be a problem.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Congrats on the "his & hers" PCXes... there's a lot of that going around. 8) We have been riding for over 40 years and are having a ball with the scooters!

Best wishes,
Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Welcome Steph, I'm in northern Indiana but sometimes ride around in Michigan. I wear Hi-Viz gear, too. Don't see many scooters while riding, I don't think I've ever seen another PCX on the road.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Indyglow wrote:Don't see many scooters while riding, I don't think I've ever seen another PCX on the road.
Some of you folks live such sheltered lives ;) :lol: :lol: ... come to Thailand (and many other places in Asia) where there are loads of scooters and PCX's all around.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

kramnala58 wrote:Some of you folks live such sheltered lives ... come to Thailand (and many other places in Asia) where there are loads of scooters and PCX's all around.
But then we'd have to leave our neon gear at home, wear tank tops, shorts and flip-flops, and use our lack-of-sun, chalk-white bodies to stand out in traffic............
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: 2 two too Funny! Good one Indy! Ya gotta laugh at that! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Indyglow wrote:But then we'd have to leave our neon gear at home, wear tank tops, shorts and flip-flops, and use our lack-of-sun, chalk-white bodies to stand out in traffic............
:lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Thanks guys for the warm greetings!

Wow, Must be fun in Thailand with other scooters all over. IndyGlow, glad to see we are not the only ones in to hi-viz apparel. Lots of fast cars around us when we ride. CaptnJim, I have the black PCX too like your spouse in your profile pic. Mel46, I had the tall windscreen and removed it and re-installed the original because i didn't like the effect it had on windy days pushing me around on the road at higher speeds. I do want to get rid of my humpback seat! Looks like Powered by PCX is the place to go.

Thanks again,

Steph
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I have to agree that in the year that I've had my scooter I've only seen 3 PCXs in the area and a few other scooters, but that's all. We have a running joke in my family that when we see a scooter we call it out. I ride with my husband too but he has a motorcycle. He likes the PCX and is thinking of keeping it when I get a larger scooter because it's great for around town.

We drove up to Lake Geneva last weekend and I agree on the long trip I need to pull off the hump. We did find an awesome road that had a lot of twist and turns called Snake Rd. It was only 2.6 miles, but it was wooded and only 25 mph. I would have taken a picture but there was no place to pull over except in someone's driveway.

I agree I wish that there were more scooter riders in the area. It sounds like other then the States, they are more popular. Here sometimes they are looked down upon by other motorcyclist. One guy on my husband's forum was dumbfounded that a someone on a scooter waved at him. My husband said to wave back. Really!?!
JCVA
Banned User
Banned User

Post by JCVA »

I've only had my PCX for about a month or so. Have not seen another on the road. I bought it mainly to keep the miles off of my Toyota Tundra.
My Tundra gets 15 mpg back and forth to work, my PCX gets 95. Its a no brainer. I did the math, with what I paid for the PCX, it will have paid for itself after 30 months. It's fun too. What I can't understand is why we don't see more scooters on the road! I believe we are on the cutting edge, this world doesn't have unlimited resources.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

IMG_20140611_115254.jpg
IMG_20140611_115254.jpg (96.98 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
Our scooters go to some great places like the lake, together. I hope you two get to go to great places!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

We go shopping, out to eat and just hiding. My Husband takes his scoot to work a lot. 40 mile round trip with average speeds around 55mph. I have yet to ride mine to work and may not ever since the roads leading to my work would require speeds around 55 to 60 mph. We have seen about five scooters since we got ours this spring.
One time a group of mini bikes came up behind us and left us in their dust. Lol! Motorcyclists have been waving to us a lot and we wave back of course. Maybe they are mistaking us as motorcyclists. This site is really cool sharing with others.
Mel46, I Like the photo by the lake.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Welcome! :)

Enjoy your scoots. :)
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Post by Ben Lee »

katschamne wrote:I agree I wish that there were more scooter riders in the area. It sounds like other then the States, they are more popular. Here sometimes they are looked down upon by other motorcyclist. One guy on my husband's forum was dumbfounded that a someone on a scooter waved at him. My husband said to wave back. Really!?!
I guess this is the same all over (except maybe in Tailand, etc.) Not a lot of scooters around here either, but more and more each year.
Motorist act the same here, I always wait before waving to not offend them. But that way when they do greet me, I always come to late... and look even more dorky. I do greet every scooterist I come across.

I do think the tie is changing, "cool" scooters like the aprillia srv, the Honda integra, and the BMW's make that happen. Also is the youth nowerdays used tot scooters like the boosters, in our younger days, these were camino's and little motorcycles lookalikes.

I bought a scooter to commute and to learn riding. My intention is to go for a license (125 cc is possible with the car license in Belgium ) after a year or two.
I have to admit that I wanted a 125cc bike (Honda cbf), but my wife wanted to ride the bike too, and she didn't want a geared bike. Now riding a scooter for a while, I don't know that, after getting my full motor license, I will buy a geared bike. Kinda like the scooters advantages... and the aprillia Srv...

Motorcyclist with heavy bikes, will always look down on a 125 cc, I guess... I don't know what the Harley rider will say after being beaten by a 850 cc.... SCOOTER?

Ben
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

Steph wrote:
I get cold feet when on roads that require speeds around 60. Prefer speeds up to 50. maybe I'm a wuss? LOL!
I was riding at about 55 mph yesterday, and the scooter did not feel very stable under me at all. It was almost getting wobbly. Didn't feel safe.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

When I go to the brewery tomorrow I might have to have a Belgian instead of my Stout. I get a feeling of comradeship when the motorcyclists wave at us as we pass. Been enjoying the scoots. Lots of fun. Funny thing is I have a motorcycle endorsement on my driver’s license and don’t know a thing about motorcycles! But, that what is required to ride a scooter over 50cc where I live.
Ben and Frizzy, what are you average cruising speeds? I would like to know. I’m with Scootering Amphibian, 55 mph is a little weird for me too!