traded in my PCX

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

weathered26

traded in my PCX

Post by weathered26 »

I traded in my PCX. Since it is my only vehicle I figured I needed something bigger with more storage. Something that I can ride freely on the highways. I got it last week and I am loving it but one question. Last week it said I was averaging 68 miles a gallon and it's been going down ever since. Now I'm at 55. Is this normal? I checked the tire pressure and its all good.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: traded in my PCX

Post by AustinPCX »

If you are a big'n or hard on the throttle and doing mostly highway miles, then yes.
weathered26

Post by weathered26 »

I weigh 160 and its all city miles.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Just to confirm, it is a Forza you got?
As with all vehicles it can go up or down over the course of a tankful.
MPG depends on how you ride and the road and weather conditions.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
powpilot
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by powpilot »

These MPG reports are interesting. I now have 425 miles on my Forza (1st week) varying speeds from 40 to 70 basically and with only two rides over the mountain. I am averaging 73.4 mpg and have never been below 71. I wonder if the elevation here (4,000 ft) has something to do with it or maybe I am just easy on the throttle or maybe my gauge is not accurate?

Gary
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

powpilot wrote:These MPG reports are interesting. I now have 425 miles on my Forza (1st week) varying speeds from 40 to 70 basically and with only two rides over the mountain. I am averaging 73.4 mpg and have never been below 71. I wonder if the elevation here (4,000 ft) has something to do with it or maybe I am just easy on the throttle or maybe my gauge is not accurate?

Gary

Good ? That's what my car does.

PCX beats both by almost 50 mpg
weathered26

Post by weathered26 »

Yeah its a forza. I'm gonna take it back out on the highway today to see if there are any changes.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:That's what my car does.
Err no it isn't, your car uses proper British imperial gallons not short measure american ones.
you you wrote:PCX beats both by almost 50 mpg
Even if your claim is correct, (my experience says not) a PCX is really only any good as a city runabout.
Excellent in town and small country back lanes, shite on the open road.
The actual cost difference in fuel between PCX and Forza is pretty negligible.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
you you wrote:That's what my car does.
Err no it isn't, your car uses proper British imperial gallons not short measure american ones.
you you wrote:PCX beats both by almost 50 mpg
Even if your claim is correct, (my experience says not) a PCX is really only any good as a city runabout.
Excellent in town and small country back lanes, shite on the open road.
The actual cost difference in fuel between PCX and Forza is pretty negligible.

You know best
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:You know best
Maybe not, but I have 18,000 miles experience on a PCX and 9,500 miles experience on a Forza.
How many miles have you ridden on them?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I was on the Edinburgh city bypass today on my PCX. It wasn't an enjoyable experience. Sitting with the thing at 60ish mph , screaming its head off with cars flying past. Won't be doing that again in a hurry. Best sticking to the back roads and towns I think.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

So you haven't got a magic variator and final drive gears yet?
Maybe you just need a continuum transfunctioner adapted for scooter use.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Not yet. I'm in the market for a couple of booster rockets for a quick getaway at the lights though. ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Through mine eyes:
Thread started and I didn't know What the trade Up was. Thread moved forward. Still puzzled.
Puzzle unfolded as gn2 came aboard and asked, then gets challenged by 2yous (something different (o:) who immediately gives in to gn2's knowledge. Ali steps in with his proclamation: ain't gonna do that again any time soon (okay, I changed it a bit, what the hell! "I" don't blame you!)
Within minutes gn2 wittily returns >>>>>>
>>>>> Now, I have a problem
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (34.22 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
weathered26

Post by weathered26 »

This has been very helpful.
powpilot
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by powpilot »

ahh, you guys!

Weathered, if I may ask ... where are you located?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Through mine eyes:
Thread started and I didn't know What the trade Up was. Thread moved forward. Still puzzled.
Puzzle unfolded as gn2 came aboard and asked, then gets challenged by 2yous (something different (o:) who immediately gives in to gn2's knowledge. Ali steps in with his proclamation: ain't gonna do that again any time soon (okay, I changed it a bit, what the hell! "I" don't blame you!)
Within minutes gn2 wittily returns >>>>>>
>>>>> Now, I have a problem

Flipping heck. Chill whitenoise. Didn't give in ti gn2 but admire his opinion which he spreads so easily

And washes his hands afterwards, hopefully
weathered26

Post by weathered26 »

Los Angeles.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Whoops! I didn't mean any harm weathered, really. Excuse my funning with some members here. I sometimes forget that new members don't know me (or any of us) that well. Bad timing on my part. Sorry.

It's Not Too Late to Get Back on Topic...Is It???

But....Sadly I can't help you with your Forza Mpg question. I only keep track of petrol in my cars/trucks.
From what I've read and continue to read the Forza is a hard one to beat in it's class? So you did good! I'd have one too if the seat weren't so wide. That was a disappointment. I so looked forward to it "fitting" me (my back) "comfortably." Ah well, that's life (Who's singing now?) joking again :oops:
Well, Here's to you & your mpg # Climbing! Enjoy that Forza!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Picked up my new Forza last week after trading in the PCX. Very impressed but just a little perturbed about that fuel guage. As on the PCX the fuel guage sits at FULL for ages then comes down quickly...very quickly on the Forza. I filled up today with 8.2 litres meaning that I had 3.4 litres sloshing about in the tank still....enough for another 50 miles if doing the claimed 78mpg (UK) according to Fuelly. I'd like the reassurances of a warning light. It might seem a tad silly but that one little thing would make a hell of a difference. I'm loving the Forza thus far and am determined that I won't let rust set in like I did on the poor old 125 PCX. ACF50 will be my new best friend
Image[/URL