Paint Chips and Dents

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

bpmch02

Paint Chips and Dents

Post by bpmch02 »

You guys notice any issues keepin the bike free of little chips and dents from road debris? I noticed a little chip on the v piece in the front of the bike today and it's a sad sight. I don't really think there is anything that can be done to prevent this considering the majority of the bike is plastic, but do you guys have any tips on prevention or repair (other than replacing pieces which is actually pretty inexpensive).

Thanks!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Paint Chips and Dents

Post by Alibally »

Try this.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Surface-Guard-2 ... B003TRVY38

As for touching in chips you can get the correct paint mixed at any decent motor factors with the colour code from the bike.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I found some model paint that was close to the color of my bike, and I only used it where it was necessary because it is almost impossible to match the color exactly. I had even purchased some matching paint for $20 that didnt match perfectly. So, just touch up where it looks the most obvious, and leave the rest.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Paint Chips and Dents

Post by Alibally »

Metallics and pearlised paint is really hard to touch in properly. It takes your eye off it though.
I find with touch in pens they seem to be darker. If you warm the paint with a hair drier of similar and make sure it's properly mixed it makes a big difference when it's applied.
If the colour match was poor it was possibly mixed badly. The pigments are critical to the nearest fraction of a gram when getting it made up.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Am I dreaming this?
Is there a rubber type clear dip or spray that can be applied to this "v" plastic piece? Where did I read about that stuff? Folks use it to make things grip (tools?) Would an application of "it" on concerned piece work? (Shaking my head now...hmmm)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
mboni
Year: 2014 Forza

Post by mboni »

Search for "Plasti Dip clear" and you'll find what you're thinking of. And it comes in a spray can, easy enough to remove the plastic piece and then apply.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

No chips and certainly no dents as the bodywork is plastic
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

If you wanted to, you could put on a protective film like http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Paint-Prote ... B004VG88MQ

Probably it would be better sooner than later...

I had a MINI Cooper with a dealer applied plastic film that did a really good job of protecting that rather blunt little nose from rock pings and such.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

WhiteNoise wrote:Am I dreaming this?
Is there a rubber type clear dip or spray that can be applied to this "v" plastic piece? Where did I read about that stuff? Folks use it to make things grip (tools?) Would an application of "it" on concerned piece work? (Shaking my head now...hmmm)
Ah Ha!! Click and read the PDF 8) I'm Not crazy...........(yet) :oops:

You can dip, spray or brush on. Comes in colors or clear. :geek: Even in fluorescent

http://plastidip.com/docs/Rubber%20Dip.pdf
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You