Dr sliders 28x18x17G

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

termix

Re: Dr sliders 28x18x17G

Post by termix »

Can't find that Vespa forum where they speak about problems with wrongly installed Dr. Pulley sliders, but it seems to be problem to others too. Read this discussion in Suzuki Burgman forum.

Post 1
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/52-burgman ... itied.html

Post 5
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/52-burgman ... post504564
sesdave

Post by sesdave »

Hi Termix - what were your impressions of fitting 18gm sliders re impact on acceleration/top speed. I put 17gm in my Forza 300 - great acceleration but a loss of top end. Looking to go slightly higher weight or mix sliders/rollers so any view of using higher weight sliders appreciated
Foxyboy
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Foxyboy »

I have just replaced my Varo rollers with Honda original rollers 23x18x20g(x6) after 5000 miles. I had a judder when cruising at most speeds and a labouring effect in the morning when bike was cold and pulling away from junctions when the bike was still crawling at about 3 or 4 miles per hour. When I stripped down the variator and pulled it apart it was caked with dust from the rollers and the belt.
After cleaning it all and replacing the rollers. It rides like it was new. I also carried out a full service, oil, filter and replaced the spark plug. Wooohooo! Going like a train!
Gwynnus
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by Gwynnus »

I tried a mix of 3x19g Dr P sliders and 3x15 g (which makes it equivalent to having a 17g set-up) - as a thread on this site suggested - but the overall effect was not as good as having 6x19g sliders.

I didn't notice THAT much of a difference between the 19g and the 17g set up. Timed acceleration from standstill was almost the same even though the 17g set-up feels faster because it easily goes beyond 7000 rpm when accelerating with the throttle fully open. The bike also struggled to reach 120kph. I did feel one advantage with the 17g setup - riding uphill with a pillion passenger was noticeably better. But the biggest con is the significantly increased fuel consumption. I lost around 10 - 12 miles per gallon.

The 19 grm weights make a really noticeable difference from the standard 21 grm rollers. The bike accelerates much better - goes uphill without that irritating feeling that the bike needs to shift down a gear or two and the fuel economy is close to standard as is the top speed.

Clearly the 21g standard setup is done with to achieve optimal fuel consumption but at the expense of performance. The scoot is noticeably happier with 19g sliders or rollers.

I'm considering the Arrow exhaust and down-pipe. Has anyone tried it out yet? I'd love to know if the top-end improves (as I imagine it should).

Nev
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Cudos to Gwynnus! See GN2 (that you are usually right)? Even with the centrifugal weights, the ones from SH300i (Part No.: 22123-KTW-900, 23x18x19gr) fit and would do a lot better!