Screen for 2015 model PCX125

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

M6AEY

Screen for 2015 model PCX125

Post by M6AEY »

Hi all

I'm looking for a suitable tall screen for the new PCX and wondered if anyone had any tips. I am based in the UK but happy to buy from Europe.

Jim :-)
Archie

Re: Screen for 2015 model PCX125

Post by Archie »

I think you can only get the Honda tall screen at the moment. No doubt Givi will be doing one soon.
If you find one in the UK , let me know please. Thanks Archie..
M6AEY

Post by M6AEY »

Hi Archie

Spoke to my Honda dealer today, it's £125 for the Honda OEM plus fitting of £120! I'll wait till I find a GIVI or get confirmation that the old ones fit.

I'm looking at a GIVI screen and a mono lock top box. If the old ones fit I cn get both for under £150

Jim
Archie

Post by Archie »

Jim . I got my new PCX yesterday. My Givi Monolock went on fine. I think we will have to wait for the Givi screen .
There is a good video on you tube of how to fit them yourself, looks pretty simple.
M6AEY

Post by M6AEY »

Nice one, I've emailed GIVI to ask them, I will update you with their response.

Jim
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm tuned in too :D How's about youz guys, ya listening out there? 8) First add-on is the screen. Bring it on Givi!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
davria

Post by davria »

Hi Jim

I too would be interested in the reply from Givi, a taller screen is a must for my PCX

I did find an Ermax screen at http://www.silverstonemotor.com/honda-1 ... 8MBrdPTXFp. I would be interested to hear forum members thoughts on this screen and the price.

David
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Keeping those 2 pics of the Ermax here (not a bad looking screen, height looks about right for me at around 5'5"). Thanks for sharing the link David ;)

Look at those "pokey" rabbit ear mirrors! I know they function very well on the PCX, but gosh! They are so "OUT" there! :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.63 KiB) Viewed 7360 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (25.53 KiB) Viewed 7360 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
M6AEY

Post by M6AEY »

I personally like this one from the same website, and its only £80 vs £125 from Honda
Attachments
PCX Screen.jpg
PCX Screen.jpg (26.67 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

How about a puig. I was thinking about getting one of these.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405613883.977589.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405613883.977589.jpg (53.03 KiB) Viewed 7319 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ermax/Honda I think are one of the same screens? Not sure, but I too like the looks of your choice (Ermax) better. But which windscreen will function best for each individual while riding? That's the puzzlement, :roll: that only your person will know. So much money is spent buying them. Oops! Wait there's more! Did you say clear? Light medium or dark tint? Which height? High low short? Will it cover my hands? Lotsa time testing too. Gets a bit no hum.
Dang! Sounds like we're ordering a steak! :lol:
My last PCX, I chose the Givi 322st Clear and left it at that. Not a bad screen, worked "for me."
I liked it ;)

Okee-Doke! Back on screen talk! "Keep Smiling!! Keep sharing!! :P ......that's what friends are for...." ;)

Ouu...Ali! I just saw your posted Puig. Now there's a contender (good looking 8)
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Don't think the puig will fit the newer style 2015 bike. It's only 15 cm taller so won't give as much protection as some but I like the look of it. Dark smoke or black? Still deciding.
M6AEY

Post by M6AEY »

One thing I am concerned about with the taller screens in particular, as the PCX has such an awesome left and right steering lock (the thing turns on a penny) I'm worried the wrong screen might limit my ability to turn.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Alibally wrote:Don't think the puig will fit the newer style 2015 bike. It's only 15 cm taller so won't give as much protection as some but I like the look of it. Dark smoke or black? Still deciding.
Bah!! :( so why do you tease then? Puig will have to reshape it to fit the 2015? Oh, sad...waiting once again.
So Ali, this Puig is a sweet looker...and wavy. I like it. And on yer White? I'm guessing clear is not being considered? So then I'd choose the color of the one in yer pic. Is that the black or dark smoke?
The pic one appears to have a slight hint of blue in it. That's sharp!
(Painters, I'm told, add a touch of blue to their white paint to make it brighter. It's their secret. I tried it once, but squeezed the blue tube tint too much :oops: 'Twas ugly. :lol: Tis the past).
Archie

Post by Archie »

I fitted the clear Ermax with the black trim round the edge. Cost 99 Euros with postage from France.
There is plenty of room when full lock is applied and the wind protection is very good. Very easy to fit, it took me at least ten minutes.

Here is the web page for the item.

http://www.silverstonemotor.com/honda-1 ... PCX-14.cfm
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

There is another option, made in Italy: I have used in other scooters windshields made by the Italian manufacturer "Fabbri", and the tall one for the 2015 PCX 125/150 would look like that:

Note that this one would also protect the pilot's hands. In the pictures it seems a little "brownish", but I guess that this is because they have enhanced the picture so that it can be better seen... all my Fabbri windshields have been "clear", so I guess that this one would be like that as well...
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Note: I have found this other picture of the same windshield, but fitted to a 2013 PCX, and I guess that the "real" color would be like that:

Not clear, but a little "smoked", not the "brownish" color of the 2015 pics... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

I have posted in other message some pics of a 2015 PCX with the taller Honda original parts windshield, and I am going to post them here, so that prospective windshield buyers can have a look at it (in Spain, at least, in the official Honda website they do not have a picture of this windshield)

A detail pic of the mounting bracket:

And how it looks from the rear:

Note: These screenshots have been taken from these videos of an Spanish new PCX owner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0eff3E8rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhrpsQv ... Rqm2qu17pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0wSI5y ... Rqm2qu17pw
2015 Honda PCX 125
mottopcx
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by mottopcx »

i have this one > Givi
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

The first GIVI windscreen that I see in a 2015 model PCX! Could you choose between the tall and the short one? ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125