God damn stupid petrol panic buying retards!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

As I left work today the fuel bar started flashing. So I drove home and thought I'd get some petrol from one of the stations near my house. Nope. All dry. People need to stop being so god damn retarded and stop drying out all the petrol stations. I'm gonna have to use my car tomorrow to get to work now cus I don't have enough petrol to get there on my bike and I don't know if any of the pumps near me will have any fuel left. Good job my cars a diesel and i can get 500 miles out of a tank. Is it like this for everyone else in the UK? I'm driving to Cardiff on 19th April (in the car), hope I can actually get fuel to get back home when I'm there.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Re: God damn stupid petrol panic buying retards!

Post by edscoot »

I'm down to one bar and it won't be long before it starts flashing. I'm worried that if I go hunting for petrol there won't be any left at the stations and I won't have enough to get home :x What a bunch of tits. Even if there was going to be a strike (which there isn't, at least until after Easter), there would be 7 days notice.
nich

Post by nich »

I was out on my mod2 today (passed woot!), and we always have to stop to fill up the tank.

Bunch of idiots, several stations out of fuel, tons of queuing, people with the jerrycans grabbing every bit they can.

I mean, come on, I'm in London myself and most people don't even need a car to get around!

Doesn't really cause me problems as I cycle to work/shops, but still, what a pain in the ass.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Filled both car and bike yesterday without much trouble. With the thick government we have fuelling (pun intended) the panic I thought it best I fill both up. Did I panic buy? Nope just being smart with some fore sight of what was about to happen. If I am an idiot for doing that....fine but I got a full car and bike now :-)
nich

Post by nich »

Well, it seems like no strike around easter.

Panic over :lol:
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

I filled up a couple of days ago before all this happened. Still half a tank left so should be good for a week of getting to work and back.

Worst part is there is no confirmation of the strikes going ahead. Its a big issue with a 6L tank and people draining stations dry. But i guess to someone filling up there thought pattern is 'Something about fuel!? Must panic! How will my child get to school 2 miles away without my huge 4X4 box to protect him/her'
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Given that the average man in the street supposedly doesn't believe a word said by a politician, it's amazing that this happened.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Maybe it's a ploy by the government to quickly make a massive amount of money :lol:
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Oh yeah, just got back from picking girlfriend up, drove past tesco on the way home. Surprise surprise sold out. This sucks balls.
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

i am begining to worry a wee bit, work today is fine, plenty of fuel but work tomorrow, hmmm gonna be interesting
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

edscoot wrote:I'm down to one bar and it won't be long before it starts flashing. I'm worried that if I go hunting for petrol there won't be any left at the stations and I won't have enough to get home :x What a bunch of tits. Even if there was going to be a strike (which there isn't, at least until after Easter), there would be 7 days notice.
Went out last night to fill up and sure enough the last bar started blinking as soon as I left home. The Shell station was sold out, Queing at Morrisons, Asda (the cheapest) was sold out. I used the next station I found, BP or something, and very expensive - 144.9p per litre!

I've been thinking of going on a long holiday on the scoot and wondered if anybody has any advice on a 1 or 2 litre scooter friendly spare fuel bottle/can? Useful in this situation as well.
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

What's going on there than? A strike or something?
I have never been to a gas station which was sold out!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Tanker drivers voted for strike action, but no strike has yet been announced.
The whole mess has been created by a thoroughly incompetent Prime Minister who said people should top up their tanks and maybe keep some spare fuel stored in their shed.
Hey presto: fuel shortage.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Now I know what you are talking about as its just made the news here in Oz along with the proposed tax on cornish pasties! Im off to the UK in just over a weeks time for a 2 week biz trip and have hired a cage as will be doing a lot of driving. Hope its sorted by then, especially the pasties :)
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Yeah I didn't hear about that until I signed a petition in Gregg's :lol:
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

edscoot wrote:
edscoot wrote:I'm down to one bar and it won't be long before it starts flashing. I'm worried that if I go hunting for petrol there won't be any left at the stations and I won't have enough to get home :x What a bunch of tits. Even if there was going to be a strike (which there isn't, at least until after Easter), there would be 7 days notice.
I've been thinking of going on a long holiday on the scoot and wondered if anybody has any advice on a 1 or 2 litre scooter friendly spare fuel bottle/can? Useful in this situation as well.
you could get some camping fuel bottles at your local high end camping store.

i always try to keep plenty of fuel on hand in case of a natural disaster. i have several bikes so i shuffle fuel around between them to make sure it stays fresh. once in awhile i drain the fuel from my offroad bike and put it in my PCX before the gas gets too old. then i refill the dirt bike tank as a way to store extra gas.

in addition, here in japan we learned that it is a good idea to have a relationship with your neighborhood gas station when the shit hits the fan after the big march 11 disaster last year. there were fuel shortages and many gas stations would only sell to regular customers or were rationing except for regular customers!
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

Man crazy stuff guys. Never seen a gas station sold out here in the US, but I've ears of it happening years ago before I was born. Good luck guys. What a pain in the butt!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

We had a gas shortage here in the Southeast US in 2008. I had people offering me thousands for the scooter I was driving at the time. Lines (er, queues for you Brits) were miles long where there was gas. It was insane.

Similar reason as the UK too, our panic and "shortage" was caused by people theorizing that damage from a hurricane was going to cause a shortage... Theorizing about a shortage caused one. Thanks, politics. :roll:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes