:( So long PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

As of midnight last night my beloved PCX is gone, I spent the night at my girlfriends, looked out of the window at 12.05am and got that horrible sinking hollow feeling. My PCX had been taken after been parked up against the wall and her car against that. The cover was lying fluttering in the breeze and my PCX was gone.
Police said the thieves were organised as they'd moved the car without any noise, and simply carried the bike away. The padlock and chain were still attached so the police reckon they had a van and just drove it away.

It's datatagged but I'm not holding out much hope of it returning again.

Gutted and empty springs to mind :(
it tastes like...Eagle!
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: :( So long PCX

Post by TC3 »

Oh man that sucks. Real sorry to hear this.....thieving bastids
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Fuckers :x
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Aw, dude! That's awful!

Will you get insurance money for it?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
rainburg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rainburg »

So sorry to hear that. If you do have insurance and/or can replace it , will you get another PCX?
2011 Honda PCX, 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
2 Honda Civics, 5 bicycles and 1 more on order
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Bummer, I know what that feels like, my LC350 was stolen twice, both times I got it back.
If my PCX was stolen right now I would be delighted because the insurance money would go towards something more suited to my present requirements.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Nothing worse. I got my car stolen a while back. Bust the steering lock and stole the cd player. The police found it and I had to Hotwire to get it home which raised an eyebrow of the copper that took me to pick it up. I think he believed me when I told him I was a mechanic.
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Thanks for the support guys.

Don't know about the insurance paying out, they try and weasel out of it any way they can.
Don't really care anymore, the important thing to me was that my girlfriend was safe, they could have quite easily broken into her flat to get the keys first.

I can't get another PCX as they are hard to source round here at the minute. The police reckon it could already be out of the country, as they are desireable.
Hopefully the insurance will pay out and I'll get something back, but my next stop will be 125cc commuter bike like a SYM xs. 3 year warranty and only £1800 new, low apr over 3 years too.
it tastes like...Eagle!
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Well that sucks. At least you and your girlfriend are safe thats the important thing. End of the day its just a scooter. To be fair im with gn2, if mine got stolen id be pretty happy, save me the hassle of selling it.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Maybe you should post up your number plate, colour, pics of the scooter etc so people can keep an eye out for it? Long shot but worth a try. Obviously thats entirely up to you though, just an idea.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Cheers Woolley,

You appreciate what's important in life when something like this happens. It's just plastic and metal at the end of the day and doesn't have a pulse.

Police put out an anpr call thingy straight away, but if it's in a van no point really.

it's gone and nowt I can do about it really.

If the insurance stumps up I can pay what's left on it straight away then look to get another machine or think about a bus pass.
it tastes like...Eagle!
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Sorry to hear that man, I really hope you get the insurance through.
pony

Post by pony »

Hi Rich666
Any news on your bike, would love to know how things turn out.
Kind regards
Pony
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Yeah any joy with insurance? Fingers crossed for you
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Well,
I'm still waiting for the police to wind up the enquiry - still no sign of my PCX Don't think I'll see it again.

Insure will then start playing the silly game of offering me a really low pay out and waiting for me to accept the best deal they'll give.

On a slightly plus side I have been looking at a replacement machine - But... It's not a Honda.

http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/motorc ... ar%20125cc
It's cheap and cheerful and comes with a 2 year warranty.
it tastes like...Eagle!
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

I hate how insurance works. You should get a new PCX to replace the stolen one under your insurance. But in the end they can do what they like as we have to pay one company in some way or another :/
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

That's my greatest worry!!! I'm going to Spain on my brand new PCX and am staying in the very touristic Benidorm for two weeks. I hope I'm going back home to The Netherlands by PCX and not by bus because there is no PCX anymore.

So sorry for your loss man!
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

rich666 wrote:Well,
On a slightly plus side I have been looking at a replacement machine - But... It's not a Honda.

http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/motorc ... ar%20125cc
It's cheap and cheerful and comes with a 2 year warranty.

That's a very nice looking bike. But indeed it's not Honda so reliability is a concern. 2 years warranty is nice but if you have to make a lot of use of it it's not so nice anymore.
Is it much cheaper than a PCX?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

rich666 wrote:Well,
I'm still waiting for the police to wind up the enquiry.
They won't even have started.
All they do is take a note of the details and place it on file.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Well just a quick update,

The insurance company have been in touch and have made me an offer that I have accepted. I must admit I was pleasantly suprised that they offered me a decent amount from the outset and can't fault them for that.
The police still have my PCX listed as stolen unrecovered and don't expect to find it.

The upshot is the insurance company offered me just short of 2 grand. Which when you consider the bike was 1 year old and had less than 3200 miles on it isn't a bad offer. They said they checked with the dealership that did the servicing and they'd reported the bike was in A1 condition. So after a year of riding it I lost £500.

I'm going to the same dealership on Saturday to see about the Sinnis and hopefully by next week should be back on the road. I will miss my PCX and am thinking in a few years time might get a PCX150.
it tastes like...Eagle!