Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: Duggle, the dealer would "L"ove you! He's all about selling. No emotions attached. "If you have the money to spare," I say, Do It! I had a 125, and What a difference the 2015 makes. Fresh! As a Daisy :D

Gary, agree with ya on the looks! Thank you for both wishes, and welcome again to the forum(s) ;)

iceman, we never had the cut off brake or alarm to begin with. I don't particularly want either. The embedded signals...yes, wanted and Now have :P We've had the 150 since 2013 model, sorry others across the pond Never had it as an option, but understand why.
Now, what else does this 2015 U.S. 150esp have that ya'll don't? :lol: Me! As it's rider (soo silly, I know :geek: Do you have the (good for nothing) parking brake? I think Not. Right?
ABS brakes would round off the corners on the 2015 for me. But as they say, "you can't have everything" :roll: (Hate, That Saying! Who Said That anyway!!??) So negative. Bah!

Ah Trib, I had thought You would be making your announcement right before or after mine :( What happened? No 2015's around the block yet? Gotta say more prayers man! ;) I bet in another week I'll be reading Your Happy Post! :P Thank you sir for the "Very Kind" words & Birthday wish!
Ahhhh, 35....'twas a Very Good Year (sigh)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

Not yet, still waiting patiently. I on the other hand knew you'd get yours first, and am just thrilled for you!
Hmmm, never prayed for a bike - a novel thought...
When it comes in, you guys will be the 2nd to know.
Be safe.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Trib said: "I on the other hand knew you'd get yours first....."

Hmmm....would "that" be because I post my "location?" Glad I could be of help 8)
USA....hmm, broad location. You must move around quite a bit. Bet you do ;) That's! Living!!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Happy Birthday on congrats on your excellent present for yourself! Is it any easier to reach the ground on the 2015 compared to the 2013?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks Indy! I'm thinking I'll be 30 come the 30th. I'm liking that choice! :D

Hmm...2015 seat feels hard and stiff. Mind you I have the bad back syndrome, so no help there. Still it Needs my bum'n'weight to break it in. ;)
With sneakers on, I'm on the balls of my feet, Not tippy toes. Sounds like nothing when read, but That wee little bit between the two makes a difference. When my 2011 was New it was the same scenario, on the balls of my feet (with sneaks). As I rode the 2011 the seat gave enough that I could flatfoot with sneakers to move the bike around (the garage, etc.) Not so with the 2015...Yet!
From the giddy up, I flatfooted the 2011 & now flatfoot the 2015 wearing my riding boots. So, alls good. Hope that helped in answering, if not? Ask on.... :P
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

The only thing that I don't like about the new PCX, and it seems all versions of it, is the stock shocks.

Parts of London have the roads in dire condition and even with the best will in the world and knowing where pot-holes and bumps/sags are, I still cannot avoid loads of them on every journey (I miss the pot-holes, but there's lots of other things that give the tyres and shocks a hard time)

I've been to the US 7 times now and Denmark twice (always been driven, never actually driving) and I envy drivers and bikers in those countries - esp Denmark where I cannot remember experiencing or seeing any pot-holes or poor roads from one side to the other.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I was searching round the www just now for a screen by Fabbri. I had one on my MP3 years back and really liked the thick quality and the wind protection it provided. They have three sizes available for our U.S. 2015 PCX (that would be the 2014 across the pond - correct?)

Anywho, here are Fabbri's offerings: http://www.fabbriaccessori.com/prodotto ... o=638&l=en (Note: language choice buttons are in upper right corner ;)

The Exclusive (tallest)
The Summer with Rubber edge
and The TUV with black edge PVC

You can download and view/print their assembly instructions too. Now to locate a U.S. distributor :geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

In the UK 2014 could be either the old model or the new one.
You would need to specify the model number.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) I Wear My Sunglasses At Night 8)

Josh, this is for you (as I said) and of course for others interested in seeing the 2015's LED's lit up (taken in a dark garage). Pow! Let there be L I G H T, and There Was........A Lo t a Light! BAM!!
Attachments
The Headlight(s) Blinding!
The Headlight(s) Blinding!
IMG_5655.JPG (51.59 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
The Tail Light(s) Crisp!
The Tail Light(s) Crisp!
IMG_5651.JPG (66.52 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
The Dash Board Light(s) Beautiful!
The Dash Board Light(s) Beautiful!
IMG_5653.JPG (57.38 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

More pics coming soon!
Attachments
smoking-baby.gif
smoking-baby.gif (21.2 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015

Post by Valiant »

2 miles? Get on it! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ yeah, yeah. Pic taken when scoot arrived. More being taken for my records and to share with all of you hooligan's :lol:

Wow!....I Just got a phone call from my Honda dealership, my order for the 2013-2015 Honda PCX Service Manual just came in. Gee, that was fast! 8)
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@-Whitenoise very nice! Love the lights. White is a great choice too! All the photos are great. :D
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

Thanks for the pics! The 2015 is simply beautiful.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

WhiteNoise wrote:^^ yeah, yeah. Pic taken when scoot arrived. More being taken for my records and to share with all of you hooligan's :lol:
Wow!....I Just got a phone call from my Honda dealership, my order for the 2013-2015 Honda PCX Service Manual just came in. Gee, that was fast! 8)
Is that really across the older and new led light version as the years would indicate? Surprising as the two are quite different and there was already a 2013 service manual.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thank you and you're welcome Steph and Josh :)
Ya'll have to see a White in person! In the Sun the paint's gold dust just pops! Badda Bling!

iceman, I'm sorry. I don't understand. Could you rephrase or could someone help? Please?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wait! Let me give this a try:
About the manual. The dealer told me Honda has combined the two years; 2013 and 2015 in one Service Manual. He said that's what they are using now in the shop. Wherever changes were made, the manual shows each year's fix separate on that page(s).

Amazingly, how I'm finding more and more changes as I go over my 2015. More than what my eyes saw at "first glance!" Believe me! Most of it being cosmetic. But oddly, I keep seeing more as I look closely & during my photo-shoots (the in/out/and all about the scoot) 8)
Tricky little Honda! All the changes I am Very pleased with. All for the better,.....I'm certain I'll discover more. :P
Just need ABS. Perhaps in the Next 2016/17 model? (jus' guessing ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Here's the 2011 Tail light on: See the difference? Compare that to the size, shape, and LED Brilliance of the 2015 tail light photo above 8) Sweet!
Attachments
2011 Tail-light (OEM Bulb)
2011 Tail-light (OEM Bulb)
image.jpg (71.73 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Thanks Whitenoise! You answered my question. Besides the engine size difference of 150cc vs 125, I wonder what other differences there is between the UK/US models. On the face of it it seems not much.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Just went to Helm to see how much the 2013-2015 service manual would be to ship to the UK - and . . .
Subtotal: $42.95
Handling: $39.95
Shipping: $139.37
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $222.27
!!!!