NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: ...

Post by you you »

DioTiAma wrote:"you you", you are riding two bicycles and then "Fartsas are shite"? How old are you? 17?

16 in my mind :D

Nowt wrong with motorised bicycles
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Re: NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Post by dergav »

I decided to email the contact given by gn2 and thought the below reply from Honda UK may be of interest.
Not saying much but at least its a response and where they are not recognising any general problem with the fuel pump but may be a good reference in future?

Dear Mr. G,
Thank you for contacting Honda UK.
At this time we have no official news from Honda Japan regarding a recall for the fuel pump. If there is known fault with the NS300 Forza rest assured you will be notified via post of the recall, whereupon you can bring the motorcycle to any authorized Honda dealership to carry out the repairs free of charge.
Thank you for contacting Honda. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,
Dilyan Nikolov
Honda Customer Service
Honda Motor Europe Ltd.
Honda UK
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

If there is a fuel pump problem then Honda will know about it through their warranty department. The amount of claims will show a trend if any. Whether they run a replacement campaign on the pumps depends on the number of failures against the number of bikes in the market place. If it's a safety recall with customer contact or a service measure done next time the bikes in the workshop I suppose depends on how you look at it. If the bike fails whilst on the road then seems like a safety thing to me.
robisc

Post by robisc »

Hello,

at now in our italian forum about Honda Forza, we have 9 users with pumps broken. Sometimes the problem occurred while driving and was dangerous for the driver.

Not more issues we known in August.

Now pumps seem to be available in Italy, but the users who have had the pump replaced in warranty say now to hear more noises from assembled parts under seat. I think you know that to replace the fuel pump needs to remove seat and other plastic parts.

Greetings from Italy.

Robisc
http://hondaforza.forumcommunity.net
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Thanks for the update - interesting to follow this even for us PCX users. Hope they do the right thing and sort it soon, even if they do mods or replacements 'quitely' during any service and not be open about the issue.
robisc

Post by robisc »

I forgot to emphasize that Honda Services have not informed if the replaced pumps are different or have the same part no. of originals.
So we don't know if Honda has supplied or not modified fuel pumps.

What we can know is this: in some sites like http://www.powershondaparts.com/oempart ... /fuel-tank there are 2 differents pumps with different part no: 16700-K04-305 that replaces 16700-K04-931.

This sounds strange and can mean there were problems in the original part.

Greetings from Italy.

Robisc
DaveNSS

Post by DaveNSS »

My Forza returned today, after 12 days at the dealer being fixed.
Took her for a ride, it felt great. I hope this is the end of my technical issues.

I'm going to ask the dealer tomorrow about the replacement pump.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

robisc wrote:we have 9 users with pumps broken
Do you Know how many Forzas there are on the road in Italy?
The 9 faulty pumps, are they all NSS300i or are any the old 250 version?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
robisc

Post by robisc »

In Italy at now are on the road 1700/1800 NSS300. The 9 issues we know are only in NSS300 model. First and second models (Forza X and EX my 2005 and my 2008) are not affected by problem.
Robisc
robisc

Post by robisc »

Update form Italy:

10th pump broken in a our user's NSS300 (4500 km); the issue ten seconds after start. A manager of Honda Italia said they had reported the problem to Honda Japan and technicians are investigating for a solution.

I think can be mutual interest if from other countries NSS300 owners ask their local Honda Bureau about the issue.

Thanks and greetings from Italy

Robisc
BHaasie

Post by BHaasie »

Hi, longtime reader first time poster.

I believe I have joined the NSS300/A fuel pump problem issue.

Went to ride yesterday, started ready to leave and a few seconds later it just shuts off like it was out of gas. Plenty of fuel in the tank. Has 1,657mi

Towed to the dealer today. I will update once the diagnose for sure.

Very disappointed for sure!
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

Really sorry to hear that, Bhaasie..... both for you and for the rest of us!

I guess that means we're all infected, right?
We just wait for our scoot to go zombie.

Was the Forza idling or had you started to move when it shut off?

If you can talk with the service department it would be great if you could mention the fact that more than a few have failed and that the fuel pump part number now has a newer replacement (or substitute?) number.

And then (if that exchange goes well), find out from them which part number was on the original pump that failed and which was on the new one they installed.

I called and asked my local shop if they had heard about a fuel pump issue with the Forza and they said no, and I learned they had only sold two, including mine, but after I told them of the Italian Forza300 pump problem with 10 failures, they said they would ask around at the next regional dealership meeting.

good luck and speedy service!
BHaasie

Post by BHaasie »

BRed thanks for the reply... I've been waiting to hear back from the service dept regarding the diagnosis.

Diagnosis: Dead Fuel Pump

I missed the call but have called back and asked about the part numbers. I was assured the new one would be the newest revision, but I asked for the part numbers. One I hear, I will post.

As far as idling or starting to leave. I sat on the seat, turned the key once the gauges cycled I pushed start. Fixing helmet and quiet.... I'm like that's not good! It stalled like it was starved for gas and would not start back up....

Eta is end of next week :( :roll:
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

maybe we can get some idea of how widespread the problem is based on VINs......
if we knew the VINs of Forzas with a failed fuel pump, we might be able to discern a pattern?

an example...
when the early Forzas had a problem with the final drive/rear wheel, eventually several owners posted that their Forzas were given a clean bill of health by the dealership based on their higher VIN numbers.....apparently the rear wheel problem was in the very first run of scoots.

each market uses its own prefix numbers so there will be duplicates in different countries, but if the pump issue proves to be within a certain range of VINs in each market, it means every Forza owner doesn't have to worry needlessly about a potential problem that may (or may not) occur.

the final digits of the VIN on my Forza is ...00461
presi13

Post by presi13 »

Hi everybody.

I'm from Spain. Some owners have reported that the fuel pump has died. Some of them like me has been to start the engine and after 2 minutes it was shut down with no reason. Other people have announced that the engine was off while they were running (so dangerous!!).

Waiting to fix it!

We are so angry in a brand like Honda (japanase quality reputation??)

Grretings,

David

Pd: Forum from Spain.

http://foro.hondaforza.es/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3725
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

BRed wrote:maybe we can get some idea of how widespread the problem is based on VINs......
if we knew the VINs of Forzas with a failed fuel pump, we might be able to discern a pattern?

an example...
when the early Forzas had a problem with the final drive/rear wheel, eventually several owners posted that their Forzas were given a clean bill of health by the dealership based on their higher VIN numbers.....apparently the rear wheel problem was in the very first run of scoots.

each market uses its own prefix numbers so there will be duplicates in different countries, but if the pump issue proves to be within a certain range of VINs in each market, it means every Forza owner doesn't have to worry needlessly about a potential problem that may (or may not) occur.

the final digits of the VIN on my Forza is ...00461

Wondered, could we work off of manufacture date?

Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

BHaasie wrote:Hi, longtime reader first time poster.

I believe I have joined the NSS300/A fuel pump problem issue.

Went to ride yesterday, started ready to leave and a few seconds later it just shuts off like it was out of gas. Plenty of fuel in the tank. Has 1,657mi

Towed to the dealer today. I will update once the diagnose for sure.

Very disappointed for sure!
Could you give us the date of production of your scoot? It is in the sticker saying made in Thailand I'm pretty sure.
Thanks , Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

robisc wrote:Update form Italy:

10th pump broken in a our user's NSS300 (4500 km); the issue ten seconds after start. A manager of Honda Italia said they had reported the problem to Honda Japan and technicians are investigating for a solution.

I think can be mutual interest if from other countries NSS300 owners ask their local Honda Bureau about the issue.

Thanks and greetings from Italy

Robisc
The scooters with bad pumps...>>>Production place??? and date of production.???... could that tell us something important?
Fish
BHaasie

Post by BHaasie »

BRed & Fish,

Once I get my scoot back from the shop (30+miles away) I will reply with the info requested. Thanks
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Honda must be taking this seriously by now - they soon will not be able to say it's now a known problem.