Scooter Rally...So much Fun!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Alvin
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Scooter Rally...So much Fun!

Post by Alvin »

:D :D :D Greetings all...hope your weekend was awesome! Just got back from the Three Mile Island Scooter Rally and had to report!

Friday meet and greet - a time to visit with other scooterists and say hello! Good food, bowling and great convo! Then back to the campground for more fun!

Saturday - Wakeup, breakfast, hanging out and off to ride! There were three organized rides...Small displacement, Large displacement and vintage! Took the large displacement ride...a total of about 80 miles round trip through the hills on central Pennsylvania! Well organized and a gorgeous day! (I think there were 60 riders on our ride!!) A rider "marked" at each turn so no one got lost and no traffic was bothered...what a great system! Lunch provided when we got to our stop...so yummy!

Back to the Campground - Gymkana...fun was had by all! Enjoyed meeting new friends and just relaxing! Dinner was amazing, band was great and the Atomic Jello shots..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday - Time to say goodbye :( . Pack up the tents but time for one last ride! Stops at The National Civil War Museum, The Pennsylvania State Capital and ....Three Mile Island, of course!

Can't say enough about people who ride scooters! Great group...helpful, friendly and just good folks! Did get to hang with another PCX and compare notes...and think I convinced a few to buy one...should I ask Honda for a commission?!?
I'm a happy PCX Rider :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Scooter Rally...So much Fun!

Post by you you »

Alvin wrote::D :D :D Greetings all...hope your weekend was awesome! Just got back from the Three Mile Island Scooter Rally and had to report!

Friday meet and greet - a time to visit with other scooterists and say hello! Good food, bowling and great convo! Then back to the campground for more fun!

Saturday - Wakeup, breakfast, hanging out and off to ride! There were three organized rides...Small displacement, Large displacement and vintage! Took the large displacement ride...a total of about 80 miles round trip through the hills on central Pennsylvania! Well organized and a gorgeous day! (I think there were 60 riders on our ride!!) A rider "marked" at each turn so no one got lost and no traffic was bothered...what a great system! Lunch provided when we got to our stop...so yummy!

Back to the Campground - Gymkana...fun was had by all! Enjoyed meeting new friends and just relaxing! Dinner was amazing, band was great and the Atomic Jello shots..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday - Time to say goodbye :( . Pack up the tents but time for one last ride! Stops at The National Civil War Museum, The Pennsylvania State Capital and ....Three Mile Island, of course!

Can't say enough about people who ride scooters! Great group...helpful, friendly and just good folks! Did get to hang with another PCX and compare notes...and think I convinced a few to buy one...should I ask Honda for a commission?!?

Pictures? :D
Alvin
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Alvin »

:o :lol: ...as soon as I get some help downloading from my phone!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Sounds great! I'm in NJ, but couldn't have made it this weekend anyway. But where is there info online on the next rally?
Alice761

Post by Alice761 »

Do they have something like that in NY
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My wife wanted me to ask you where you are in Central Pa. Her side of our family is from Pa. Her sister, cousins, uncles, aunts, etc., live close to or in State College, where Penn State is.....some live in very small towns. One of them only had 2 or 3 streets, with a population size that must be counting the horses! Still, it is a beautiful state, despite the fact that the roads are always being worked on. :-/
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
jonestownpadude

Post by jonestownpadude »

It sounds like it was fun! I belong to the Facebook group and saw some pics. I did see a PCX! I live in the area (guess you can tell by my name). I wasn't able to make it this weekend. I hope to make it to a ride with you guys one day, but it's difficult since I live in Lebanon County. As far as the scooter that I ride, I sold my PCX a few months ago and brought a used (almost new) Forza. Hope to meet you in the future, sounds like a great group!
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Alvin wrote: A rider "marked" at each turn so no one got lost and no traffic was bothered...what a great system!
What the heck is that supposed to mean?
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Slickvic wrote:
Alvin wrote: A rider "marked" at each turn so no one got lost and no traffic was bothered...what a great system!
What the heck is that supposed to mean?
I think it's what we call the drop off system.

The leader and tail end Charlie always stay in their positions, as the ride progresses, when there is a left or right turn the second bike stops at the junction and all following know where to go. When the marker sees the last bike he again joins the group.

Important that everyone knows who is the leader and the last bike, these obviously keep this position for the duration.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

DAB wrote:
I think it's what we call the drop off system.

The leader and tail end Charlie always stay in their positions, as the ride progresses, when there is a left or right turn the second bike stops at the junction and all following know where to go. When the marker sees the last bike he again joins the group.

Important that everyone knows who is the leader and the last bike, these obviously keep this position for the duration.

Ahh...Ok, that makes sense now. Thanx.

I always ride alone so I have never seen something like this.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Alvin
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Alvin »

Wow...nice discussion gang! Sorry, been swamped this week and haven't been on! Some answers:

Pictures on the FB group...just search Three Mile Island Scooter Club...so many good ones!

http://www.tmisc.org is where you can find info about the club. Meltdown Rally is every August...registration usually starts in May. A 150 cap to keep things manageable. Great camping, great food and lots of awesome scoots!

Drop systems was explained as was used for the ride! A quick gathering before we left explained that the leader and trail would remain the same and they wore bright neon so we could all pick them out. The system worked so well and kept the riders together to whole time. Sundays ride followed the same system and everybody really seemed to "get it".

I am located just outside of Harrisburg, the PA Capital. Our group rides all over Central PA..in fact we have riders from Lebanon County...please join us sometime! The website tells you what's up and when. (Even lists other rallys in the "area" NY, NJ, DC, VA, MD)

There were riders from NJ, NY, VA, PA, MD, DC, Canada everyone is welcome! Central NJ isn't that far...hope to see you next year!

Safe and happy scooting to all! :)
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Sounds like a good club. 150 people is a great turnout for tent camping on scooters.