Screen comparisons

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Screen comparisons

Post by beegmouse »

Hello!

I'm tall. I had a PCX and had to change the saddle and add a screen.

I traded up to a forza. It's as comfortable as the PCX was after all the mods. but..

I am still finding the tall screen from honda a couple of inches too short.

If I hunker down wind noise dissappears. Sitting up and I'm in a gale.

The prices of after market screen extenders are as much as a new screen, question is. Is there a taller one than the official honda one.

Can anyone send me a link to it. The Givi one looks about the same.
mboni
Year: 2014 Forza

Re: Screen comparisons

Post by mboni »

Look at the Givi AirFlow screen, it's adjustable to a wide range of driver heights and positions. I have it and love it. Even at it's lowest position, it does a much better job of managing the airflow around your head than the Honda tall screen.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

+1...For comfort..it is much better.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

I recently installed a Givi D1123ST....I preferred the plain shield.

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/p ... a-300.html

Good clearance at the steering locks....

Image Image

The Givi touring shield shows about the same length as the taller Honda shield in it's specs, but where the Honda is swept back, the Givi shield is much more upright....
in fact it's so vertical, it creates a whole new storage compartment.

I can stuff a light jacket in that cavity....also lots of space for mounting a GPS or speakers or.... anything?
It a huge cavity.

I'm 5'9" and if I sit towards the rear of the seat, I see through the shield....
if I sit fully upright and slide forward, I can see over the shield to a point on the road about 10' ahead of the scoot.
That's good enough to get me off the road in a blinding downpour.

As others have mentioned after riding 600-800 miles with the sporty little Honda OEM shield, any full coverage shield will get you in trouble with speed in a second....without the wind pressure and noise, you'll find yourself running a good 10-15mph faster than you think you're going.

Tall shields like this one beg for a tailbag or pillion bag, since most of the displaced air flows in from the sides and forward from the rear....
a tailbag or pillion bag can help close the slipstream and move the turbulence behind you and the bike.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I've got the taller honda windshield on my scooter and it works ok for me. But on my last scooter I added a spoiler like this to the windshield and loved it:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-cr ... t-on-10839
It is easily adjustable to several different positions and helped a lot with directing the wind over my helmet. I do not like the looks of the AirFlow at all, and there are other spoilers around like the Laminar Lip but they look huge to me. The spoiler from Twisted Throttle worked great for me and you didn't notice it as much on the windshield. Before I added it to my last scooter I would get bugs splattered on my helmet shield, but after installing it no more bugs. I think the adjustable part makes a huge difference.
beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Post by beegmouse »

@BRed

Thank you, That was exactly What I needed. I'll take a front view of mine with the Honda Screen and hold it up against yours.

The Airflow screen looked too ugly.

I have been looking at spoilers, but They are often as expensive as a new screen.
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

Here's a side view of the Givi, if it helps.....
I moved the scoot outside right after a rain and the humidity instantly condensed on the shield so it's outline stands out in sharp contrast....

mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

I Also prefer the Givi D1123ST, it is a very nice shield.
You can see my pictures in this tread: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2437
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4