Just got a New 2013 Honda PCX 150 in Red

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Just got a New 2013 Honda PCX 150 in Red

Post by SECoda »

I just reached the 587 miles (in three weeks) and need to change the oil and clean the screen. I read the forum topic on the oil change and it seems pretty straightforward. Picked up the oil and crush washers from Honda since they are close by. I really love this thing. I also picked up a Rage 600 lb carrier for hauling camping. I did add a Givi windshield and a chrome handlebar clock. I paid $3200 out the door. $2950 plus some fees.

Any pointers on an oil change? I was looking for photos/video on a oil change for a 2013 PCX 150 but no luck so far.

first attempt at posting a photo from Photobucket.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Just got a New 2013 Honda PCX 150 in Red

Post by Slickvic »

Start here for that oil change:
http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

I will be right with you in a couple days. What size socket is that screen behind would be my first thought.

btw take pic with phone, mail to self, download to comp, upload to forum :D
photobucket is laggy old school over dumped under servered irritation you don't need as your paint program can customize your images anyway.

NICE RED ONE! we have similar taste in SUV's too!
Jarec
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Jarec »

Congratulations. I just got the same scooter.

How is the Rage 600 working for you? Any quirks?
SECoda wrote:I just reached the 587 miles (in three weeks) and need to change the oil and clean the screen. I read the forum topic on the oil change and it seems pretty straightforward. Picked up the oil and crush washers from Honda since they are close by. I really love this thing. I also picked up a Rage 600 lb carrier for hauling camping. I did add a Givi windshield and a chrome handlebar clock. I paid $3200 out the door. $2950 plus some fees.

Any pointers on an oil change? I was looking for photos/video on a oil change for a 2013 PCX 150 but no luck so far.

first attempt at posting a photo from Photobucket.
Current ride
2013 PCX150

Former rides
Yamaha c3
Honda CB360
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

The oil change was a piece of cake.

I love my Ford Escape Titanium 2013.

I went with the 2013 PCX specifically because of the red/black color - in fact I had to go out of state to get it.

Is the price I paid about right for a new 2013 or too much?

I have only used the Rage 600 (all steel) one time other than testing it and it worked great. I did a few minor things to it I found in the forum like adding the heavy anti-skid tape all over (you can see it the entire length of the ramp). I just drive it up the ramp (from the side) and then down the other side to unload with the long ramp. I added the class III hitch to the Titanium w/ the power lift gate and repointed the foot sensor. Works like a champ. W/o the tape you may get some wheel spin on getting it off if you use the engine but it is really easy. I also changed the anti-tilt bolts to grade 8 and added reflectors am going to replace the eyelets with larger diameter ones. I am only using two of the six removable pins with the large diameter PCX tires. My buddy bought the Rage aluminum 400 and it does a bit more flexing with his Honda Grom on loading but otherwise seems to work fine.
Last edited by SECoda on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jarec
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Jarec »

I'd say the price is in the ballpark. They were being sold for a couple hundred less out the door in Arizona, but that could be inconvenient to go to. I got a used one with just one mile on it but no warranty so bought an extended warranty with the savings.

Thanks for the info on the Rage 600. Just $20 or so more than the 400 and more versatile I'd imagine.
SECoda wrote:The oil change was a piece of cake.

I love my Ford Escape Titanium 2013.

I went with the 2013 PCX specifically because of the red/black color.

Is the price I paid about right for a new 2013 or too much?

I have only used the Rage 600 (all steel) one time other than testing it and it worked great. I did a few minor things to it I found in the forum like adding the heavy anti-skid tape all over. I just drive it up the ramp and then down the other side. W/o the tape you may get some wheel spin on getting it off if you use the engine but it is really easy. I also changed the anti-tilt bolts to grade 8 and added reflectors am going to replace the eyelets with larger diameter ones. I am only using two of the six removable pins with the large diameter PCX tires. My buddy bought the Rage aluminum 400 and it does a bit more flexing with his Honda Grom on loading but otherwise seems to work fine.
Current ride
2013 PCX150

Former rides
Yamaha c3
Honda CB360
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I saw one in Arkansas and one in Tennessee for less but the shipping or drive made that up in a hurry.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am considering buying one of those carriers that Harbor Freight sells to carry my scooter. I think Dave used one to carry his. Also, change your seat on your new scooter. You will be much more comfortable while riding your new scoot.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I looked at the Harbor Freight aluminum unit which I could have gotten with the 20% discount coupon for $103 on sale too (maybe $149 list). The issue is the main tube is aluminum and has been known to crack. There is a good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIaWtTEdxBk
Mel46 wrote:I am considering buying one of those carriers that Harbor Freight sells to carry my scooter. I think Dave used one to carry his. Also, change your seat on your new scooter. You will be much more comfortable while riding your new scoot.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

SECoda wrote:I looked at the Harbor Freight aluminum unit which I could have gotten with the 20% discount coupon for $103 on sale too (maybe $149 list). The issue is the main tube is aluminum and has been known to crack. There is a good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIaWtTEdxBk
Mel46 wrote:I am considering buying one of those carriers that Harbor Freight sells to carry my scooter. I think Dave used one to carry his. Also, change your seat on your new scooter. You will be much more comfortable while riding your new scoot.
Wow!! These cracks are really a big problem.... I have purchased lots of tools and other ítems from Harbor Freight, but in this case, perhaps it would be a good idea to do what the video poster advised : "do not buy this" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
2015 Honda PCX 125
drol343
Year: Forza 2014 ABS
Color: Forza Red

Post by drol343 »

The Rage 600 lb carrier looks great!
drol343 (USA)
Dennis
2014 Honda FORZA NSS300A
tochan357jp

Post by tochan357jp »

Welcome to the club or should I say addiction. Simply put, this bike is more addictive than Candy Crush! I own an beautiful BMW Z3 Roadster. It's to the point now I have to find reasons and make excuses to drive it. I've had my '15 PCX 150 for a little over a month. The Japanese stand around and gawk over it. (I'm in Okinawa).

Nice color with the black. I chose Matte Gunmetal gray, because its rare and you can only get it here in Japan to my knowledge.

Take care and keep it on 2 wheels.
Attachments
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg (735.92 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg (854.91 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance. – Plato

homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

I would have certainly had trouble choosing color if that was available in the States, Grey lady looks pretty good to me.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

It's a really nice color!!! :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I like the color too. What seat is that? I ended up ordering a seat from Wetbike but probably won't see it for a month here. THe stock 2013 seat feels like you had an exam after about 50 miles. :lol:

I need to work on my Avatar I can see. :D
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

SECoda wrote:What seat is that?
This seat is the standard one in the 2015 model, which does not have the "hump" ;)

Not having the hump is really great news, as it felt "hard" and did not allow the driver to move freely. The new seat does not hurt, but the height of driver and passenger areas are different, so the driver must sit in the designated area. The foam of the seat is not very thick, so the seat feels "hard". I wish that Honda or aftermarket vendors offered a "high seat", as happens in the enduro and motocross motorcycles! :roll:
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Congrats to you SECoda and also to you tochan357jp! 8) You have different year PCX's but they're still the same FUN (grown up?) Toys :D Enjoy!!

My opinion on the 2014/2015 saddle: it's hard, has minimal cushioning. The sliding forward that happens on previous years is now minimal on the 2014/2015. Honda now uses a fabric with some Grip power. Well Hel-lo there, easy fix! 8)
If you have lower back issues (like moi), riding a hard based saddle can be (is) painful. The 2015 saddle starts hurting me after an hour or so of riding. I have to stop, walk, I click a pic, get back on'n'go. Bumps? They can be brutal, so I avoid them "like the plague!" Maybe softer riding shocks down the road? Not sure on changing what Honda thought out for us, but I'm not closing my mind to that possible fix yet. I would have liked the option of ABS brakes too, but.....

Other than that? I'm in! Hook, Line and Sinker!! ;) :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Thanks white noise. I tried the 2015 seat too and it didn't help my problem when I bought my red 2013. I needed a seat where the reviewers said is its soft, wide and comfortable on at least medium rides. It's too bad I could not find one in the US though. I did 40 miles this morning down to a red covered bridge and even that takes a but of toll on the bum. Looking forward to the new seat.

BTW - I rode a buddy's Harley Sportster the other day and I was numb after an hour. That seat was horrible.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

SECoda wrote: Looking forward to the new seat.
And we would really like to see a couple pics of the new one, when you have it installed and "butt tested" ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

You bet on the pictures and butt report.

It's sure fun to accessorize them. Anyone bought the Helm Service Manual? Is it worth the $39 for the PCX. I always buy manuals for my cars but some I have never taken the wrapper off of and I sure didn't need it for the oil or strainer. A valve adjustment might be another story.