What are your positives/negatives about the Forza?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

What are your positives/negatives about the Forza?

Post by Theboybilly »

I've had my Forza for just under 3 months now and I'm loving it. My main plus with the scooter is it's easiness to ride and fuel-economy. It's a lovely machine to own. If I could change anything it would be the shape of the underseat bay but for commuting it's passable. It's just a bit of a struggle to get an armoured jacket underneath alongside my helmet when I park up. I don't like the mirrors at all either.
I'd also like the option of factory-made handguards.
How are you all getting on with your Forzas....has anybody thought they've made a mistake in buying one?
Image[/URL
supermattyp

Re: What are your positives/negatives about the Forza?

Post by supermattyp »

i like mine after about 1500miles. My concerns are similar to yours.

1. storage space under seat isn't as great as I'd hoped. My full face helmet will only fit upfront...it won't fit 2 helmets that fit my head.

2. mirrors aren't long enough to look around my shoulders

3. Seat hump takes away 4" of leg room that I need to make room for a pillion passenger that I don't have.

4. fuel economy not as great as I expected...but I'm a big guy and ride about 60mph most everywhere I go so it's to be expected.

no regrets. none.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Let's be honest it's not going to go down in history as a classic
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:Let's be honest it's not going to go down in history as a classic
Wrong.
Every bike I've ever bought has become a classic, I have impeccable taste.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Bigboss242

Post by Bigboss242 »

Suppermatty what mpg are you getting. My problem is also my mpg I guess I am a little too heavy I can hardly get 60.mpg most of the time I am stuck at 5.8. Other than that its a great bike.
NeilForza
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Silver

Post by NeilForza »

The only negative is the short screen and like the others the mirrors.

According to the read out I'm getting 72mpg and I'm happy with that :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Mine has averaged 77.7 mpg imperial (64.7 US) over 11,500 miles.
Negatives: rear disc and pads replaced under warranty and looks like its got a slight oil leak from the tell tale hole under the waterpump.
Exhaust has to be removed to clean/maintain the rear caliper.
Not insurmountable problems but when you buy a brand new bike you expect it to be problem free.
Positives: comfortable, economical, good underseat storage, replacement tyres quite cheap and original rear one lasted 7000 miles.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Negatives: rear disc and pads replaced under warranty < was that due to early failure? The warranty booklet seems to suggest things like that are 'wear and tear' and not covered - the PCX even excludes the belt but I'd imagine if you get problems within a few months they would do something.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

It was because the caliper stuck on and warped the disc.
Common fault on the SH300i and will also be on the Forza because the design is the same.
jonestownpadude

Post by jonestownpadude »

I love the Forza. I switched from a PCX 150 (which I also loved) to a ‘used’ Forza on Memorial Day. It had 650 miles when I brought it and I’m at 1800 miles now. I am finding that since it’s bigger and faster than the PCX I can take it more places, so I am riding it more than the PCX. The storage is good for me – odd, but bigger overall then the PCX .. I frequently ride it on a 55 mph divided highway with no issues. I rode it on the Interstate for the first time yesterday for 10 miles, but I wasn’t too comfortable doing that. I kept up fine, but we have so many big trucks here in Central PA (on I-81) and I felt “pushed” around by them. I’ve been averaging 72 miles a gallon. I’ve had no mechanical issues. Only negative I can think of is the “vibration” that others have felt as well, when I reach 65 MPH. I think I’ll be happy with the Forza for many more years, but I can see someday getting a Burgman.
Bigboss242

Post by Bigboss242 »

Why am I getting bad mpg is it that I am taking it on the freeway almost every day? That has to be it.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The faster you go the more fuel you will burn.
Want better mpg?
Use less throttle when moving off, ride slower, read the road ahead and control your speed with the throttle so that you reduce braking to a minimum.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

gn2 wrote:The faster you go the more fuel you will burn.
Want better mpg?
Use less throttle when moving off, ride slower, read the road ahead and control your speed with the throttle so that you reduce braking to a minimum.
^^^This^^^.
I don't ride the throttle, but still take some decent slab time. I am now averaging between 67 and 72mpg US. On one recent 120 mile section of highway at 65mph, I kept a steady throttle, and registered 72mpg.
I have found nothing that I don't like, but also do experience the bikes resonant node at 65+mph. Not a biggie, though. I am 6K+change miles, not burning oil, the rear tire is looking to be replaced soon. Weather has kept me off the bike more than I care, but couldn't stand it, and rode through 45 minutes of Severe Storms, lightning, and near zero visibility on Thursday, because I couldn't stand to lose another day of riding. Pretty stupid in retrospect. The front got squirrelly in deep water; I kinda wish I had a better front tire there. My only regret is that there are not more choices for rubber yet; I would really like to expand my riding vista, but I don't have the tires for it.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Ok, I SWEAR I checked out Michelin in the past for CityGrips for the Forza, and they didn't exist in our size. I just went to bikebandit and found this...

http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/2 ... 1?m=155342

Looks like Michelin is aboard...just in time!
termix

Post by termix »

I absolutely love my Forza, but somehow i have a feeling that rear shock absorber isn't quite level of bike. Especially when you drive with two people on. Just a odd feeling.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

MichRocks wrote:Ok, I SWEAR I checked out Michelin in the past for CityGrips for the Forza, and they didn't exist in our size. I just went to bikebandit and found this...

http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/2 ... 1?m=155342

Looks like Michelin is aboard...just in time!
Nope.
Click on the tire size...it did not come up for me as being available.
Fish
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Oops. Got sucked into the ad; I forgot to click the 'select'... :(
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

8000 trouble free miles on mine. Seat hump is the only negative, but it's not too bad considering the longest time spent in the saddle so far is less than 20 minutes.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

This is a response from a fairly normal size N.American (6'3")
Good:
It's a Honda.

It has some trade-offs which are expected on a scooter that is made for the short Asian & European rider - the primary customers of scooters:

The too-close 2-step seat (you'll never convince me that the passenger likes flopping around up there...it was a lousy design trade-off to get the space under the seat. Put a sleek top case on as standard to solve that.)

The Bad:
Haven't found any.

The Embarrassing:
"Oh my gosh - somebody get Kiko in here! We're selling a scooter in N. America with a one-off tire on it!"

The Unfortunate:
The (2) grumps & wize-acres from the British Isles who freq. this forum.
(like a lot of us - because they are so predictable, when I see either of their names I just pass over their comments w/out reading.)

The rest is gravey.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

fish wrote:I just pass over their comments w/out reading
I don't look at your photo threads either.
Seen one picture of a red Forza with naff stickers on it you've seen them all.