Got Gas?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Got Gas?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Poof! :lol: Hahaha, Not That kind of gas! :lol:

I presently have a very old Sears red hard plastic 2 1/2 gallon tank that's still serving me well. I want to add a larger vessel to the mix for power Outages, Emergencies and for the Biggie,..."Get out of Dodge"

I'll get to the point. I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these gas/petrol/fuel "No Spill" containers. Does anyone have one? Does it Leak or Not? Pros/Cons? Any other recommendations?

Here's Jill: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6UHHuVGtFGI

Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: Got Gas?

Post by Steph »

I like it! I want one. :D
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I bet she wouldn't spill a drop? :lol: "No Spill Jill"
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We saw one at an Ace Hardware. Now I want one!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

A review from Ace Web Site

Most Liked Negative Review

Not so hot

Over a period of time the can shrank and deformed to the point it will not return to shape. The company said tough. Sorry about your luck

http://www.acehardware.com/product/inde ... Id=4050289

Actually Northern Tool has one down the street. May try the 2.5 gallon one. Filling the PCX is a bit of a pain with the 5 and the limited sight picture.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanx! :P I think I'll do it, buy it!
How about Wally World? Amazon? Used on Ebay?
Shop with mobile in one hand and a beer in the other! Hey! It's Sunday right?
Ride first. Relax, drink, spend later 8) Sounds like a plan!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I picked one up at Northern Tool and got the extension tube too (this really helps). Only the 5 gal model has the rear handle so I got it and filled it to three gallons. It does work very well on the low PCX access hole.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

You do not want to buy these new gas containers. You will spend way too much time getting fuel out into your truck or car. They are designed to keep people from storing fuel. They cost more and work less, plus malfunction all the time. I prep and store enough fuel any time to evac and these totally SUCK! I turned over older fuel by burning it off in my vehicles but its a back breaking slow process if all you have is these new cans. I don't use the new ones I have, cherish the old ones and buy blue water cans just to store and move fuel into older containers when needed. YOU WILL HATE THE NEW GAS CANS IF YOU ARE REALLY A PREPPER WhiteNoise.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I just filled up with it after an 80 mile afternoon scenic trek and the 5 gallon No Spill gas can worked perfectly. It is the first time I have ever filled it to the exact level very quickly without a funnel and w/o using a flashlight repeatedly to see if it was about to overflow. The flow can be easily regulated with the button from very slow to very fast. I consider the extension a requirement.

I have no idea how long it will last but the valve seems of decent quality/thickness for plastic. The negative is the cost.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie...chill! Calm down. Dun be nervous. Did you and Jill have an out? :lol:
Storing gas? As is? Good for 30 days. If you add a good stabilizer to the gas in the tank right after filling it at your local petrol station, then the gas will maintain it's properties much much longer. I have Seafoam, Sta-bil and another type: Starbrite (an enzyme product). Buy these at Wally World, Target, auto store, etc. I buy several cans of Seafoam when it's on sale. I Use it in my truck too.

As far as how fast it pours and me pulling me hairs out waiting for it to stop? Nah, not anxious. The weight of a 5 gallon will be a challenge but, I'll manage that too. Simply pour into smaller gas can or empty plastic Tropicana OJ bottles first, then pour? Whatever homie, When there's a will.....blah, blah, blah :D It be do-able.

Hey SECoda! Thanks for all of that! I'm sold on the extension pourer now too! :P
You're the first to buy both the can and ext. spout and spill the very good reviews.
You Rock! 8)
Too bad we couldn't get a group buy on these. I think we've got a No-Spill Gas winner ~ "POOF THIS!"
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Yep = I added a little over an ounce of Sta-Bil to about 3 gallons of gas. I even ran it in my airplane engine that used regular auto gas. My sister-in-law was a chemist (retired) at the Shell refinery near by and explained how Sta-Bil works maybe 15 years ago. They used similar additives depending on the use like Toluene and Xylene. Its not magic or snake oil.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I buy a new gas can at Advance Auto and then throw away the spout (I don't like the new spouts). I then buy a normal spout and little vent from a vendor on ebay to make it a "normal" gas can. Works great.

I do use STA-BIl in my gas. It really helps with storing 5 gallons of gas for more than a couple weeks and for storing the bike over the winter.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I located a 2 1/2 gal. version of it on Amazon.com for around $21. That is the cheapest I have found. Too bad the device top doesn't fit on gas cans we already have. We have 2 of the new spill proof ones with spouts that we couldn't open, so we have to take the spouts completely off and use a funnel to pour the gas into an older gas container that has a spout that does work.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Why do you handle petrol like this. Isn't your country awash with the stuff? Do you have shortages?
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

No need to add anything to your fuel while stored over winter.
Attachments
storage_life_fuel.pdf
(80.32 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I just used this my fifth fill/top off. Unless it breaks really quickly I am a believer!
SECoda wrote:Image
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

The 2.5 gallon No-Spill does not have the back handle which I think is the key to its success filling the PCX like the 5 gallon. I always hold it by the back handle.
Mel46 wrote:I located a 2 1/2 gal. version of it on Amazon.com for around $21. That is the cheapest I have found. Too bad the device top doesn't fit on gas cans we already have. We have 2 of the new spill proof ones with spouts that we couldn't open, so we have to take the spouts completely off and use a funnel to pour the gas into an older gas container that has a spout that does work.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for the updates SECoda, and the positive reviews. Is the rear handle recessed or sticking out on the 5 gallon? I can't seem to find a pic of that angle anywhere on the web. No biggie, just found it odd that No-Spill doesn't show that off anywhere. Good "you" told us :P I'll get to Ace by the weekend for the 5 gallon.

2yous: Winter approaches bringing storms and power loss. Snowblowers will be cranked up, ready to help one another. Gas will be hard to get and treated like gold. I've been sharing my 2 1/2 gallons with neighbors, now I'll have 5 :P Not too long ago, cars were online at stations filling up their vehicles and "All of their gas cans" because the fuel trucks were delayed from summer/winter storms. There are other reasons too for having gas on hand. We just have to be careful and remember the dangers of fuel.

Lucky for you, 2yous if You don't need to store any ;)

And yes, I always add stabilizer to my gas, and always will. Poof! :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Thanks for the updates SECoda, and the positive reviews. Is the rear handle recessed or sticking out on the 5 gallon? I can't seem to find a pic of that angle anywhere on the web. No biggie, just found it odd that No-Spill doesn't show that off anywhere. Good "you" told us :P I'll get to Ace by the weekend for the 5 gallon.

2yous: Winter approaches bringing storms and power loss. Snowblowers will be cranked up, ready to help one another. Gas will be hard to get and treated like gold. I've been sharing my 2 1/2 gallons with neighbors, now I'll have 5 :P Not too long ago, cars were online at stations filling up their vehicles and "All of their gas cans" because the fuel trucks were delayed from summer/winter storms. There are other reasons too for having gas on hand. We just have to be careful and remember the dangers of fuel.

Lucky for you, 2yous if You don't need to store any ;)

And yes, I always add stabilizer to my gas, and always will. Poof! :D
Fair enough. Understand now.