2015 service manual...

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

2015 service manual...

Post by homie »

I would like to purchase the correct and complete service manual for the 2015 PCX150 in the USA.
WhiteNoise owns one (I think) and claims part number 61KZY01 Can anyone second that motion?

With the correct service manual, proper tools and mechanical skill could one perform all scheduled maintenance? Or does Honda hold out information on things like valve clearance adjustment procedures and the other things listed in the owners manual as "certified mechanic only"? I would think every procedure would be outlined in a service manual used by the dealers mechanics but it doesn't hurt to ask you guys if that's the case or not.

Thank you
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: 2015 service manual...

Post by iceman »

Others will need to confirm, but I believe this is the right one for the US (matches the info WhiteNoise posted)
http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.as ... itemtype=N
I ordered a UK/Europe version from a UK dealer (had to hunt around as most would not entertain one existed for sale, and it was on-line for dealers only!) as Helm wanted $170 postage to the UK (I emailed them to check the on-line UK selection for p/p was correct). In the UK it's in two parts - the main 2013-2015 manual (not got that yet as it's on order) and a supplement for the new manual.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Iceman,

Would like to get one, where did you get yours from?
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

I've got them (well, one and one on the way). I got the UK one from Doble (dealer), but as per the US version they cover 2013-2015. Inc. postage about £80 total for main + amendment.
gohjohan

Post by gohjohan »

I got mine from www.repairmanual.com/ because it's cheaper than Helm's Inc. Helm was sending it by FedEx and cost about AUD220! Repair Manuals gave me the choice to take the cheapest shipping and cost about AUD90, though it'll take about 2 weeks instead of a few days.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

The correct service manual is listed in your owners manual, along with the toll free number to call for credit card orders. I don't have my owner's manual with me, but when I called the guy assured me it was right. It was around $43 and with shipping or taxes came to about $49. It has both the 2013 and 2015, in the same manual, and I find it kind of difficult to follow, because it refers you to a procedure on another page/section, which may again refer you to another section. I tend to which it was just complete step by step. However it would likely be too big if that was how they wrote it. There are 22 sections and pages within the sections are numbered. I would guess 150 to 200 pages all together. Some sections have both models in common, but most seem to state whether they are for the 2013 or "after 2013" (2015..sense they had no 2014 in the USA)
It also show any special tools recommended.
For me, it made me want to take it to a good dealer for especially the first services. It is just ridiculous how much has to be taken off, just to get to the valves to adjust them. All in a certain order. For an amateur, it would take all day, plus replacing any parts you break, by being unfamiliar with the bike's body panels. The dealer might have the parts on hand, where I would have to get them. The 2013 and 2015 body panels come off differently for each model. I m old, so you young guys might want to tackle it. I think, unless it is just too expensive, I"ll just enjoy riding the thing.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

OldGuy wrote:The 2013 and 2015 body panels come off differently for each model. I m old, so you young guys might want to tackle it. I think, unless it is just too expensive, I"ll just enjoy riding the thing.
I thank you oldguy for the heads up and for this reply. It is good advice and I may take it. The problem is who is going to take the time to do this massive tear down best, the mech at Honda or me. I have time but maybe not tools the mechanic has tools and parts but no more experience than me about the new 2015 disassembly. He is more app to break stuff than me in my opinion by applying his knowledge of older models to the newly redesigned 2015. In addition he is on the clock learning about the 2015 at my expense pressured to do a timely job. This scenario is bad for me but typical human nature given the circumstances.

I took the time to meet the mechanic at my dealer and spent more time with him then the sales guy LOL. I love the guy but I can read between the lines... we are in trouble having taken the first run PCX's and now needing them to go in for service. I need all you homies to take yours in first so the mechanics who service them can get in their groove :lol:

Those who have torn down their PCX's please give a list of tools needed in a nice thread sometime if you get a chance... I would be helpful in making this decision.
Jeffrey
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Jeffrey »

I have removed the plastic parts and seat to expose the engine to get at the valves, it only takes a screw driver and two spaner's. I went on utube for a guide.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

I'm subscribing to this thread to learn more about dissasembling of 2015 PCXs, as I've already noticed, when installing my new windshield, that the procedure is different from the the one used with older models... :x :x :x
2015 Honda PCX 125
SidaoGil
Year: 2013

Post by SidaoGil »

Hello friend . Delivery in BRAZIL ? And how can I pay ? Thank you so much .
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

SidaoGil wrote:Hello friend . Delivery in BRAZIL ? And how can I pay ? Thank you so much .
One good deed per member... I done mine bro

I wonder if it's illegal to photo copy some of these service procedures from the manual to the forum, any copywrite lawyers in the house?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie, see here from maddiedog, our forums owner: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Mmhhh... I was writing Homie a Private Message, and for error, I replied to this thread... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Immediately I sent Maddiedog a Private Message explaining what happened, asking him to delete my message sent by error and he must be on holidays or something, as he has not read my PM... let's hope that he reads it soon, so that he can delete the message!! ;) ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:? Whoopsie!
Hang in there, maddiedog's life gets busy. He'll get back atcha ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Finally have my 2015 service manual and its the right one, plus its an easy read with great illustration.

Let the valve jobs begin :D
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

You, lucky Americans!!!! We (Europeans and the rest of the world) can only DREAM of having such affordable prices in vehicles, parts and available SERVICE MANUALS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note: We would also LOVE to have your "affordable" gas prices ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

pcxpower wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D

You, lucky Americans!!!! We (Europeans and the rest of the world) can only DREAM of having such affordable prices in vehicles, parts and available SERVICE MANUALS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note: We would also LOVE to have your "affordable" gas prices ;)
sent you a PM... let me know
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Heh heh! Have fun homie :P It's going to be a busy winter for you and an exciting spring when you ride again! I've been thinking about using a loose leaf for mine. In fact Helm Inc sells a Honda binder for it but they were out of stock last I looked. Any right size binder will do.
Linky to binder: http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.as ... ss%5F2=AHC
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Homie - was it you going to video stripping the '15 pcx? If so, you still planning on that?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

iceman wrote:Homie - was it you going to video stripping the '15 pcx? If so, you still planning on that?
I will do my best, the service manual is like processing a crime scene back to a criminal. You plot the path from the cylinder head cover back to the first seat bolt (14+procedures) o_O It appears the only break you get from earlier models concerning valve clearance adjustment is the removal of the center cover and even that seems strange to me and might be an oversight in the 2015 SM ;) However I've tabbed and numbered the procedure so I can follow the SM from seat to valve cover :D I do intend to document with pics and short vids but compiling all this data in proper order and posting will take much time.