2015 PCX 150 top speed

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Re: 2015 PCX 150 top speed

Post by kcpcx »

I've been tempted to order those NCY bits myself. Eager to year what you think of them once you get them put on.
'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Me too. I will probably be approaching well over 1500 miles on it so I will pick up a new belt as long as I am in there and save the other as a spare. I used to mess with my snowmobile CVTs all of the time - three decades ago when we just called them torque converters. Back then tuning the CVT was more art than science. Even the stock PCX CVT is so smooth and even throughout the range comparatively.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I agree with SECoda. I purchased my PCX with a taller windshield. Windy conditions was giving me problems blowing me around on the road. I reinstalled my stock windshield. Much better!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I just ordered the NCY vario and drive face and a new factory belt for my 2013 PCX150. I currently have 17,000 on the original parts and 12gm DrPulley sliders and am still getting 67mph even though everything is quite worn. Except the sliders which aside from a coating of aluminum powder, seem to show very little wear. I tried the "maximizing" mod to the vario but I didn't gain any top speed from it because the front pulleys have a ridge. I hope the rear pulleys are not too ridged at the bottom to allow the extra belt travel of the NCY parts. The rear are steel so they don't show much wear and are really expensive.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

sendler2112 wrote:I just ordered the NCY vario and drive face and a new factory belt for my 2013 PCX150. I currently have 17,000 on the original parts and 12gm DrPulley sliders and am still getting 67mph even though everything is quite worn. Except the sliders which aside from a coating of aluminum powder, seem to show very little wear. I tried the "maximizing" mod to the vario but I didn't gain any top speed from it because the front pulleys have a ridge. I hope the rear pulleys are not too ridged at the bottom to allow the extra belt travel of the NCY parts. The rear are steel so they don't show much wear and are really expensive.
So, how did this turn out?

Did you end up using the DrPulley sliders with the NCY vario?
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

I never got the parts. The NCY drive face is unobtainium. It makes me mad that even though I called Monster Scooter and the lady said everything was in stock even though I told her to check because I had a feeling the face wouldn't be, she said it was and took my order. Then wrote me back a couple days later to say it was out of stock. I told her to cancel the order but it has been a week and I still haven't received a refund. I hate dealing with e-tailers who are trying to run a drop ship business and make money without even touching the product. At this point I am just going to order the stock parts from Honda and file the vario and reuse my sliders. It was stated that much of the gain in gearing didn't happen with the NCY vario together with the stock face even though the two faces looked the same side by side.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sendler2112 wrote:I never got the parts. The NCY drive face is unobtainium. It makes me mad that even though I called Monster Scooter and the lady said everything was in stock even though I told her to check because I had a feeling the face wouldn't be, she said it was and took my order. Then wrote me back a couple days later to say it was out of stock. I told her to cancel the order but it has been a week and I still haven't received a refund. I hate dealing with e-tailers who are trying to run a drop ship business and make money without even touching the product. At this point I am just going to order the stock parts from Honda and file the vario and reuse my sliders. It was stated that much of the gain in gearing didn't happen with the NCY vario together with the stock face even though the two faces looked the same side by side.

Couldn't they have ordered the part from honda. What is the part no for snake oil?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

sendler2112 wrote:I never got the parts. The NCY drive face is unobtainium. It makes me mad that even though I called Monster Scooter and the lady said everything was in stock even though I told her to check because I had a feeling the face wouldn't be, she said it was and took my order. Then wrote me back a couple days later to say it was out of stock. I told her to cancel the order but it has been a week and I still haven't received a refund. I hate dealing with e-tailers who are trying to run a drop ship business and make money without even touching the product. At this point I am just going to order the stock parts from Honda and file the vario and reuse my sliders. It was stated that much of the gain in gearing didn't happen with the NCY vario together with the stock face even though the two faces looked the same side by side.
Interesting, I got my refund from them immediately after I was told the parts were not in stock. OC Fun Cycles on the other hand is giving me the run around.

Web Bike at least is able to give me an ETA, which is still on Jan 7th before anything ships out.

Was there no gain at all with the NCY vario? I figure the vario determines the speed you can hit before you hit the rev limiter, and everything else is just there to get you enough juice to hit that rev limited speed. I figured I'd just get what little parts I have(exhaust, vario, roller weights, reinforced belt) installed now and do the drive face later.

Just today I popped open my airbox, removed the snorkel, and wasted time cutting off the cheese grater thing on my air filter and trying to figure out how to pop that green paper element out before I had a mind to check my DNA air filter box to see if there's any instructions only to find that the new filter is a one-piece with the huge slab of plastic. So as it turns out, I didn't need to cut off the grate :roll: .

I'm also glad I didn't also buy the intake pipe I was looking at on top of that, because it kind of slipped my mind that the two parts use the same tube(airbox and the intake pipe) :D .

I didn't get a speed boost from that simple mod, but I did get a pretty noticeable acceleration boost given how often I had to back off the throttle to avoid speeding into the car head of me.

I'll hopefully have the rest installed by my dealer on Friday, along with my 600 mile oil change(now 725 miles and counting o_O ).
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

I did get my refund from Monster Scooter. There is another thread that mentions a further increase in top speed when using the NCY drive face versus the NCY variator alone. Looking at the photos, they look the same as stock but it must have a slightly lesser width to squeeze closer to the vario. I decided to just go ahead and order stock parts from the dealer which I can machine down to get the benefits according to the "maximizing" thread.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

So I should auction the new NCY set (Variator, face plate, 13 gr rollers) I have sitting in the drawer? :P I still plan on dropping them in the PCX eventually or I would sell them for what I paid. ;)
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Post them for sale and I'm sure someone in the USA will buy them.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

sendler2112 wrote:Post them for sale and I'm sure someone in the USA will buy them.
Yeah, someone here prob will. If the price goes high enough I'll start removing them off my bike! Lol.

And yes, to Clarify Sendler, 4-5mph for the vario, 5-6 mph for the drive face. For a total of 11mph gained with both pieces.

I have my 12g NCY rollers for sale on this site that I used for 1 mile just to test accel. I may just throw them on my 2013. We'll see.

Looking at the Kitaco Gear up kit or possibly just buying the gear from the 2013 model to get back the 2-3mph or so. That's only $18 plus $3 for a gasket. Could order that when I order my belts & other bit's/pieces that I need. Prob with Kitaco kit is that it's 3x's more money, and comes from webike, meaning I'd have to wait forever and pay a ton for shipping, making it prob $100. And, I really don't know how much better it is than the stock 2013 unit. If I can get 1/2 the speed back for 1/5 the price...why not.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

ScooterMan wrote:
sendler2112 wrote:Post them for sale and I'm sure someone in the USA will buy them.
Yeah, someone here prob will. If the price goes high enough I'll start removing them off my bike! Lol.

And yes, to Clarify Sendler, 4-5mph for the vario, 5-6 mph for the drive face. For a total of 11mph gained with both pieces.

I have my 12g NCY rollers for sale on this site that I used for 1 mile just to test accel. I may just throw them on my 2013. We'll see.

Looking at the Kitaco Gear up kit or possibly just buying the gear from the 2013 model to get back the 2-3mph or so. That's only $18 plus $3 for a gasket. Could order that when I order my belts & other bit's/pieces that I need. Prob with Kitaco kit is that it's 3x's more money, and comes from webike, meaning I'd have to wait forever and pay a ton for shipping, making it prob $100. And, I really don't know how much better it is than the stock 2013 unit. If I can get 1/2 the speed back for 1/5 the price...why not.
Hey, if you can profit, go for it 8) !

I'll probably pass as I wait for web bike to ship my stuff out.

Does changing the drive face actually affect the mph without changing the variator? Again, I assume actual attainable speed is determined by the final gearing of the variator, and all other mods just determines whether or not you can hit that rev limiter.

Couldn't you also swap out the camshaft & torque driver for more speed? Just curious since I placed an order for those parts, though I wasn't 100% sure it would affect anything other than acceleration.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Changing the cam can move the power band up to a higher rpm for more power but I wouldn't do that without planning on buying a remapper and a fuel logger or a dyno session which gets real expensive. A torque driver with straight slots can make the bike rev to the pulling rpm quicker at upper mid speeds.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

sendler2112 wrote:Changing the cam can move the power band up to a higher rpm for more power but I wouldn't do that without planning on buying a remapper and a fuel logger or a dyno session which gets real expensive. A torque driver with straight slots can make the bike rev to the pulling rpm quicker at upper mid speeds.
Yeah, a lot of that just flies over my head :oops: . Is that a necessity? Would it cause longevity issues if installed without those parts? I did recall reading that a camshaft should be installed with a big bore kit to make the most of it.

I also remember Maddiedog had some issues with his big bore kit when he didn't have the camshaft as well.

But I guess the gist of it is better accel for sure? Also not sure if that necessarily means better uphill speed as well.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Don't mess with the engine.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

I don't really like the idea of a big bore kit on a 2015 since they're using a smaller throttle body than the 2013. Yeah, don't change the cam...what Sendler said above. Things you can change for speed...vario, drive face, and swap the final drive gear from the 2013 model (53t vs the 2015's 54t gear) onto your 2015 model. THe latter should get you back 2-3mph and make the top speed of the 2015 on par with the 2013 model.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

ScooterMan wrote:I don't really like the idea of a big bore kit on a 2015 since they're using a smaller throttle body than the 2013. Yeah, don't change the cam...what Sendler said above. Things you can change for speed...vario, drive face, and swap the final drive gear from the 2013 model (53t vs the 2015's 54t gear) onto your 2015 model. THe latter should get you back 2-3mph and make the top speed of the 2015 on par with the 2013 model.
Again, I'm wondering: Why?

Mostly because I already purchased the part, so I'd basically have a $90 hunk of metal sitting around, and it would honestly cost about the same to ship it back and forth.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Valiant wrote:Mostly because I already purchased the part, so I'd basically have a $90 hunk of metal sitting around, and it would honestly cost about the same to ship it back and forth.
What part do you have?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

sendler2112 wrote:
Valiant wrote:Mostly because I already purchased the part, so I'd basically have a $90 hunk of metal sitting around, and it would honestly cost about the same to ship it back and forth.
What part do you have?
These:
http://japan.webike.net/products/21594285.html
http://japan.webike.net/products/20352836.html

The English translation seems like a complete mess taken from Google translate, so it's fairly hard for me to determine what restrictions there might be on its use.

I was mostly looking at what appears to be direct English(non-translated) review:
http://japan.webike.net/prv/detail/1000176/p21594285/

No mention about either part needing further screwing around with the engine.

Would a FICon2 part serve the same purpose? Or would I just be throwing more money at the problem while achieving jack-all results?