My Yuminashi PCX experiences - POOR!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

ThailandTuning
Banned User
Banned User

My Yuminashi PCX experiences - POOR!

Post by ThailandTuning »

As I have seen many posts about the Yuminashi parts for the PCX, I as most started to think this would be a real option for getting more performance out of my bike.

So to let you all know the REAL experiences I have with this company I wanted to write what I have encountered, as I am almost certain the owner is posting false reviews with false accounts, and automatically deleting anything that dismisses his products as being good.

<admin removed some nonsensical slander>

The parts I bought were all incorrect and did not fit my bike, and I went back to his shop and he said "oh sorry" we are still developing parts?? I was not offered a refund but was offered to bring my bike to his shop and let him do some development for free. Stupidly I agreed and after 4 months and him driving my bike over 1,500 KMs the bike he said was finally ready.

After 50 KMs from his shop the bike overheated and the engine was completely destroyed. He picked up the bike and said again "we are developing." But at the same time he was selling these parts on his website knowing that there were major problems and no proper testing.

The bike's engine was frozen and the parts were not even installed correctly and I have had to resort to filing a legal case against the shop and him personally which is now going through the courts in Thailand. This is a real case and can be seen publicly as it would be good to know you are not dealing with a company that is advertising real results, or doing business honestly.
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: My Yuminashi PCX experiences - POOR!

Post by pcx125 »

I am very sure someone has post about the company and this particular guy before.

Notices, you guys need to be careful with Bikerzbit Company as well, the parts are not as described from their website and it does not fixed your scooter at all. (The refer to my post here http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2014)
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx125 »

kaka, here we go . Now know what I mean ....:)
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I'm going to hypothesize that WackerW and ThailandTuning are one in the same as the accounts were created within a half hour of each other lol. It's probably competition for Reggy.

<admin note: I deleted a bunch of posts above this from the two mentioned users calling Yuminashi all sorts of terrible things>
ThailandTuning
Banned User
Banned User

Post by ThailandTuning »

Just to clarify the set I had bought and still being sold by this company is http://www.yuminashi.eu/pcx150-v2-speed-combo

You will notice the video was removed as the owner was using other people's bikes for his own marketing and commercial purposes without any authority. Also makes you see what type of person this guy really is.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So all we can hope for now is that other brands, such as Takegawa and NCY are good brands, with no problems like this.otherwise, we will be short on good upgrades for our scooters! I am still seriously thinking about NCY products for my scooter, so i hope no one bursts that bubble. :-(
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

There's no such thing as quality aftermarket performance parts for scooters, its all bodged up junk and will wear out or fail faster than genuine parts.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
jblye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by jblye »

My previous four motorcycles were either stage 1 kitted throughout
or had a matched factory race kit. All of them had substantial
performance improvements because the performance parts were of
high quality and worked together in unison as matched systems
components.

This PCX150 is a different animal, though. I originally thought that
I might put performance parts in it. After hearing feedback from
folks on this forum and others, I've come to the conclusion that I
will be better off if I leave this wonderful vehicle's motor and
trans alone and just rely on stock Honda quality. Others will disagree,
of course. The money angle comes into play, too. I'm not so sure
that I would be willing to invest a lot of performance parts money
in a 4 thousand dollar scooter.

And last but definitely not least, it appears that some of the performance
enhancement parts can cause rapid wear in some of the drive train
components. I want my PCX150 to be reliable and not prone to breaking
down because of aftermarket parts. For me, it's mostly a grocery getter
anyway, so why put up with a lot of "ifs".

For those who love tinkering with their scooter, though, I say "go for it".
You paid for it, so you get to do what you want to do with it. A perfect
example: All of the variations / upgrades / modifications of the Ruckus....
pretty cool stuff, really.

As for me, I mostly just want to ride my PCX and not have to think about
all of those mechanical / electrical gizmos that it uses. Honda already
figured those out and built a mighty fine machine in the process.

Johnny
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I read reviews that are a few years back where they claim the NCY Golden Variator reduced some wear from using the stock Variator on a 150. They also saw a similar top end jump with the face plate changed as well as is being reported here. Most of it was also with the NCY face plate. I read another where the guy had a problem with one NCY Variator but got a speed bump with the just the face plate.

Another review.
http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic26949.html
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

There are a lot of reviews out there on the NCY Variator.

http://www.provoscooter.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=12041
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

The real point of an aftermarket variator is that besides performance, because of the increase in cvt range, you also gain fuel economy.
jblye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by jblye »

Would an aftermarket variator, by allowing the belt to ride higher on the
pulley, adversely affect hill climbing ability ? Or would the belt assume its
"normal" position (i.e., stock) to provide a lower gear ratio when climbing hills ?

Having the belt riding higher in the pulley would certainly improve fuel
mileage, but would it result in slower acceleration in the 40 to 70 mph range ?

I would need to know that the AV would not cause gearing trade-offs
or affect belt life or reliability. I'm not absolutely ruling one out, but I
would want to be absolutely sure that it had real benefits and reasonable
reliability before I would use one.

In most cases, when you change gearing, you have to accept a trade off in
some other part of the power curve.....either in top speed or acceleration.
Does an aftermarket variator provide an exception to this "rule" ?

Just asking.

Johnny
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

gn2 wrote:There's no such thing as quality aftermarket performance parts for scooters, its all bodged up junk and will wear out or fail far faster than genuine parts.
Life experience supports his statement in things other than just scooters. It's fine if you have cash to play with the nuances, something is going to give in other areas and I for one would notice and be... disturbed.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Ok so remember this is a cvt. The aftermarket variator and drive face makes a marked improvement in both top end and acceleration because the weights can be lighter. The stock weights in a longer ramp give higher top speed. Then lightening the weights/rollers will improve acceleration while still having an improvement in top speed. You extend your cvt possible ratios and then tune the cvt for a balance between top speed and acceleration.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

So the question remains, why did Honda choose the combination they supply? It seems any slight performance gain still leaves the 125 version well within the UK's legal bhp requirement so sales would not be affected, nor it seems mpg too much (one suggestion was a change gives better mpg!). If they could make it better, and they must know what they are doing by now - why didn't they?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Moving this post to Performance. Any further PRODUCTIVE discussion of this failure should be posted in this thread. ThailandTuning aka WackerW aka HondaPCXTH aka PoliceSGT's side of the story is best heard here: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3088#p42163. If that user wants to engage in productive discussion, register a new account and discuss like a civilized adult. I have no problem with you voicing your opinion, but slandering the vendor is unacceptable.

Yuminashi's response is here: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3088#p42641. If you read ANY of this thread, you should read Yuminashi's post. It is calm, levelheaded, and explains the situation well. It is clear Yuminashi cares and is handling the situation.

I will not allow my forum to be a soapbox for this lawsuit or other silliness. It sounds to me like this was an isolated issue (look at how well PCXDemon's Yuminashi "Chainsaw" has worked out).

Any discussion of the actual failure or anything productive involving this can go here. Any slander, false information, flaming, etc. will be deleted -- see the new forum rules here: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3319 for details.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
riderthailand
Year: 2014
Color: Grey

Post by riderthailand »

Dear Maddiedog. How to PM you as I have some important issue to discuss with you urgently please
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

You need 15 posts before you can pm.
riderthailand
Year: 2014
Color: Grey

Post by riderthailand »

I have sent you a reporting issue that needs your attention urgently about one that is in violation of not only your site's rules but the US internet as well as local regulations, that one of the commentaries has mentioned a personal name as well as a company name.

I have sent the lawyer's contact as well, as legal ramifications will be pursued if this posting is not immediately removed

Thanks
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

For full transparency, riderthailand aka ThailandTuning aka WackerW aka HondaPCXTH aka PoliceSGT is threatening litigation against the forum.

I made this forum to allow free discussion about the PCX, and want both his voice and Yuminashi's voice to be heard, so I am not deleting this thread, or the locked thread.

I am confident that this forum, and me as the owner, have not violated any US or Thai laws.

I have responded to his message and taken action as requested, and will continue to monitor the situation. As you can tell by my decline in post/day count, I no longer have time to monitor this site 24/7, but always will reply promptly to PMs or complaints when possible. Please continue to PM me if you all notice any personal attacks, fishy behavior, out of place posts, illegal content, etc.

Please post as normal, continue to be civil, and do not flame or PM riderthailand about this issue -- it is between me and him. I am confident my response will withdraw his threat of litigation.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes