2015 PCX 150 Windscreen

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scooter Roy
Year: 2015
Color: White Pearl

2015 PCX 150 Windscreen

Post by Scooter Roy »

Just installed Honda Part 08R70-K36-A00 "Tall" windscreen. The material is polycarbonate, like eyeglass material, and has metal attachment brackets. The hardest part of the installation was removing the hood piece that wraps the OEM window. After removing two screws under the front, you need to gently pry the "ears" of the piece and pull towards the front--took me 15 minutes to figure that one out. Down load the installation from Honda's website. The next trickiest part is to remove and reinstall the mirror brackets with the supplied fitting so the handlebars clear the new windscreen. Note that the adapter part is right-hand threaded and the mirror is left-hand threaded---to loosen the mirror nut (for final adjustment) you have to "tighten" the nut. The rest of the install is pretty smooth.
However, word of note: I'm 5'8" and tried riding the scooter with a half helmet and sunglasses. The wind blast from the taller screen hits hard right at eye level, so I now need to use my jet helmet with a faceplate. You get some interesting wind noises from this windscreen, but it does its job of block your body. I just wish I had 3-4 more inches of height--and if they could have made the screen wider in front of the handlebars (to block wind), I wouldn't need to wear my snow machine gloves when it's in the 40's F. Other than that, typical fine Honda quality. I don't know if photo attachments will come through.
Attachments
Windscreen
Windscreen
2015 PCX 150 2.JPG (525.88 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
Photo of windscreen
Photo of windscreen
2015 PCX 150 1.JPG (418.69 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: 2015 PCX 150 Windscreen

Post by WhiteNoise »

Scooter Roy, are you in Wisconsin? Helps us all to know where you're located especially while showing off your nice New screen, one that we 2014/2015 folk might want. Can you add your location to the left side panel please? I've provided quick directions if you look below, to do so.

Back to your screen. Looks great. Not thrilled about brackets but I'd need to see more.
Not sure which screen I want. Fabbri online looks good, Puig too :roll: To tell Ya the truth, it's been a joy up to now riding with the stock '15 squat screen. I really do like it.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jblye
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by jblye »

When the new Givi tall windscreen for the 2015 PCX comes out, it probably will be
a few inches taller than the Honda windscreen. Competition Accessories said that
it is not in production yet. I think that I'll wait until it becomes available and then
compare its height with the Honda tall windscreen. Might be a good Christmas
present.

Still loving my new 2015 PCX, though. The stock windscreen (hardly tall enough
to be called a windscreen ), but it works ok in our still warm weather. I know for
sure that I don't want a windscreen which directs air directly onto my helmet.
That makes for a lot of wind noise and head buffeting.

Johnny
petercriddell
Color: Pearl White

Post by petercriddell »

Scooter Roy wrote:Just installed Honda Part 08R70-K36-A00 "Tall" windscreen. The material is polycarbonate, like eyeglass material, and has metal attachment brackets. The hardest part of the installation was removing the hood piece that wraps the OEM window. After removing two screws under the front, you need to gently pry the "ears" of the piece and pull towards the front--took me 15 minutes to figure that one out. Down load the installation from Honda's website. The next trickiest part is to remove and reinstall the mirror brackets with the supplied fitting so the handlebars clear the new windscreen. Note that the adapter part is right-hand threaded and the mirror is left-hand threaded---to loosen the mirror nut (for final adjustment) you have to "tighten" the nut. The rest of the install is pretty smooth.
However, word of note: I'm 5'8" and tried riding the scooter with a half helmet and sunglasses. The wind blast from the taller screen hits hard right at eye level, so I now need to use my jet helmet with a faceplate. You get some interesting wind noises from this windscreen, but it does its job of block your body. I just wish I had 3-4 more inches of height--and if they could have made the screen wider in front of the handlebars (to block wind), I wouldn't need to wear my snow machine gloves when it's in the 40's F. Other than that, typical fine Honda quality. I don't know if photo attachments will come through.
What kind of tool did you use to pry the fairing off? Were you able to do it without marring the finish?

Nice looking job!
Scooter Roy

Post by Scooter Roy »

Just installed a PUIG 6375W clear 315mm X 100mm multi-adjustable clip-on visor to my scoot. Took away the wind buffeting and makes the ride really quiet. I took it out in a 40mph wind at 40mph and got no wind buffeting around the helmet. Something like this is a must-have with then Honda screen, even if it adds another $110 to the installation.
Scooter Roy

Post by Scooter Roy »

Post reply to petercriddell:

Just got back in town-sorry for the delay in answering;. I found an icing spreader in my kitchen "junk" drawer--it's a flat, rounded end thin stainless blade that I inserted in the "ears" of the hood pice and gently coax the snap tabs up and out. If the two screws at the front are removed, it's easy to pull the hood forward to disengage. I just posted that I added a PUIG clip-on windscreen extender that solved the wind buffeting problem. Good luck.