Motorcycles - damn addictive aren't they!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Re: Motorcycles - damn addictive aren't they!

Post by sendler2112 »

Lingwood wrote:I work close to a Honda dealer so have been looking at stuff like Hornets, CBF500's & CB500F's.
The new Honda 500's are brilliant all around bikes at a fair price.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Lingwood wrote:Hi PCXade :)

Seems like you're having a mid-life crisis like me! :D

I was well into road cycling, especially Audaxing and did a Super Randonneur in 2013 (200km, 300km, 400km & 600km rides in one year).

I got a PCX in October 2013 and did my CBT on a geared bike, because we were down to one car and so I had the perfect excuse.

Through commuting every day 8 miles each way I was 1; getting fed up with drivers bugging me because of my L plates, 2; wanted a full licence so I could give my daughter a lift on it and 3; perhaps pick up something old to ride around and tinker with ;)

Passed my Theory/Hazard test at the weekend and will do Practical early next year when weather warms up.

I work close to a Honda dealer so have been looking at stuff like Hornets, CBF500's & CB500F's. I'm 50 in 2016 so want to do something to mark it! I must add that I intend to ride it like a little old lady, I do like to get home at the end of the day! :o

Hope you're enjoying the PCX and keep it when you get that motorcycle.

You should have as many mid life criseses as possible...

Did I spell that correctly, looks awful?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

you you wrote:
Lingwood wrote:Hi PCXade :)

Seems like you're having a mid-life crisis like me! :D

I was well into road cycling, especially Audaxing and did a Super Randonneur in 2013 (200km, 300km, 400km & 600km rides in one year).

I got a PCX in October 2013 and did my CBT on a geared bike, because we were down to one car and so I had the perfect excuse.

Through commuting every day 8 miles each way I was 1; getting fed up with drivers bugging me because of my L plates, 2; wanted a full licence so I could give my daughter a lift on it and 3; perhaps pick up something old to ride around and tinker with ;)

Passed my Theory/Hazard test at the weekend and will do Practical early next year when weather warms up.

I work close to a Honda dealer so have been looking at stuff like Hornets, CBF500's & CB500F's. I'm 50 in 2016 so want to do something to mark it! I must add that I intend to ride it like a little old lady, I do like to get home at the end of the day! :o

Hope you're enjoying the PCX and keep it when you get that motorcycle.

You should have as many mid life criseses as possible...

Did I spell that correctly, looks awful?

Bugger. Crisises.