prepped for winter

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

prepped for winter

Post by RusticCharm »

Barely into November and I have prepared the scoot for winter. The local forecast is for 6 - 12 inches of snow tonight through Tuesday and the turning cold. Predicted highs for the week are in the low to mid 20's with lows in the 10's. Yesterday I put gas stabilizer in the tank and then rode to gas station and filled the tank and rode back home. I left the battery in. I hope that the following week will be warm enough to melt the snow and I will be able to get a couple more rides in. If not, I will move the battery to the basement and the trickle charger and wait for spring to arrive.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: prepped for winter

Post by Steph »

Such sad news. I'm gonna miss riding my scoot. We did go for a 50 mile ride today. My fingers got a little cold. It was 44 degrees out. Do wonder if i'll get anymore rides in this year.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Sorry guys, was 75 degrees today in San Diego where I live a block from the water. I'll join in with you ceremoniously and "store" my bike for a night in the garage. =)
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Not even ready to store it, been out several times today. It's 48 right now and I'm out adjusting my headlight beam higher. Plus it's nearly 60 degrees tomorrow... LETS RIDE!
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

@scooterman - Must be nice!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

ScooterMan wrote:Sorry guys, was 75 degrees today in San Diego where I live a block from the water. I'll join in with you ceremoniously and "store" my bike for a night in the garage. =)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
OriginalRocket
Regular User
Regular User

Post by OriginalRocket »

Battery still in PCX, but I clipped some leads and ran to my battery tender switch. Storeage included filling tank with premium(least amount of ethanol) and marine grade stabil (blue) and putting the stand on a block of wood, to protect against salt water from car. aired the tires to proper spec. Changed the oil.

Oh and once a year, for storage I use Hondas Shin-Etsu grease on the seat seal, and do the same on my NC-700x storage door seal. Then I do my cars. This is very important, keeps that rubber seal supple, soft and smooth. Never have leaks, never have my car doors stick in winter.
RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by RusticCharm »

There are still icy spots on the streets and the latest 10 day forecast has no highs getting out of the 20's F. I have given up hope of any more riding until spring so the battery will be moved to the trickle charger in the basement today. I wish I had some place other than the garage to store the scoot so I don't see it every time I leave the house. Oh well, in just over a month the daylight hours will start to get longer.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

I knew this day would come! :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Ferkin grim in North yorkshire. Misty, rainy, floods. Like a Scottish summer it was
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Where there is a will there is a way. Add a few Plexiglas panels and even a heater. I would hinge one on the front. :P
PCXenc.jpg
PCXenc.jpg (65.04 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Wonder what that would be like in the wind?
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Steph wrote:Wonder what that would be like in the wind?
It might not be too bad with the sides open. If it was fully enclosed it would be unrideable.
I had to move three of my bikes into the back of the barn to make room to get cars under cover and put in some Stabil. The PCX is still available to ride on the days where there is no ice which happen all throughout the winter. Except for last year with the crazy polar vortex which slammed the the south and east USA with one of the coldest winters on record.
Craig Vetter has done extensive work on streamlined bikes and prefers not to have the roof covered because you then need a wiper system. He also found that you have to leave the sides open to vent the pressure differential in side winds to keep from getting blown around. A streamliner is much warmer in bad weather though.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

SECoda wrote:Where there is a will there is a way. Add a few Plexiglas panels and even a heater. I would hinge one on the front. :P
PCXenc.jpg

Part of me thinks that's cool. The other says what's the point.