maddiedog admin...where?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

maddiedog admin...where?

Post by homie »

How do you get a little help with something from admin? There is a torque value spec that is soooooooo incorrect that if someone complies they will punch me in the face right through the computer. PM sent - please, when you get a chance before someone strips a lug. Never post torque values, just to easy to typo... let people look them up :(

Hello? wolf... wolf?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: maddiedog admin...where?

Post by Alibally »

I think you'll need to PM him. He usually gets back to you quite quickly if you do.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Only ever stripped threads using a torque wrench which is why I no longer use one.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Oh F@CK Homie I just screwed my $hit up! JK.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Steph wrote:Oh F@CK Homie I just screwed my $hit up! JK.
LOL... I PM'ed him two days ago :lol: I will put him on the MIA list soon.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

He was sued off of his own forum. Somebody didn't like what somebody else said about them so they decided to sue the site owner even though he immediately took down the disputed post as soon as he was notified. His lawyer told him never to post here again so he can't get blamed for the words of others.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

sendler2112 wrote:He was sued off of his own forum. Somebody didn't like what somebody else said about them so they decided to sue the site owner even though he immediately took down the disputed post as soon as he was notified. His lawyer told him never to post here again so he can't get blamed for the words of others.

Not exactly, but close enough. It's more complicated than that.

Regardless, the law system in the US sucks. I don't even read the forums anymore, just reply to PMs, to entirely eliminate my liability from anything posted here. There was a time where I read every post, replied everywhere I could help, and really enjoyed the community here. I can't anymore -- if I do read every post and reply, it means I am aware consistently of what goes on here and can be potentially held liable for the content here.

I would read the forums anyways and reply (I love this forum, all you guys are awesome and I miss you), but it's not worth the risk to me and my family. Even hiring a lawyer to defend myself from a frivolous lawsuit would put me out easily thousands of dollars, and I can't spare that much.

I'm only posting to this thread because someone PM'd me about it. ;)

Carry on posting and enjoying the forum, PM me if you get stuck or someone is misbehaving, and enjoy the forum without me. I'll keep it hosted for perpetuity, it's way too great a community and resource to let die.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I am on a varmint shooting forum in California and they finally had to hide much of it from non-members/public. The Liberals went nuts with just some of the pictures (like exploding prairie dogs, etc..). No one ever sued that I know of but they sure protested plenty to the owner.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There are always some disgruntled people out there in the world who are so miserable that their only joy in life is taking away someone else's happiness. There is no solution for that type of person. I would say that they just need to be restricted to their own company and website, but they already have their own group....it is called Al-Qaeda !! Unfortunately, they aren't content with just complaining about the world. They also want to change it by killing anyone and everyone who is happy. How do you talk reasonably with someone like that??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

YAY ME! torque value removed so I don't have to get sued by an angry forum member or punched in the face through my computer... Thank you Dave :)

Chief says;
Yes better you don't show logon history with the forum Gods whilst tribal war is raging. But who's to keep you from viewing without logging in bro? Then use Ccleaner to wipe your computer tracks leaving only your ISP to be subpoena. And we know how hard it would be to get a Judge to sign off over a couple of internet forum vender disputes... Peace
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

SECoda wrote:I am on a varmint shooting forum
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

SPEECHLESS!!
Well, Almost.
This makes me sad. Yeah, angry too!
Dave, you strike up a great forum for ALL of us and now You Yourself are off'd? What?!
Now you're Down to the bare minimum of joining in with us? :| This is Bad News Boss! We Miss You Too!
Why would anyone do this? What the heck is this world coming to? Are there not bigger and worse things for folks to be Really concerned about, Than nic-picky shite. I do not know what occurred but I do know how I feel....
and I'm Biting My Ever Lovin' Tongue! :x

No need to reply Boss, I'm venting and feeling bad, At's all.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

It is very interesting and disturbing, how dishonest people change the laws and take away the freedoms of us honest folks? It is just not right!
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

I would be fine with signing a "hold harmless" agreement as a condition of joining here. I belong to other forums and haven't heard of anything like this... crazy that the guy who starts the forum should have any concern about participating on that forum. Other forums just ban the offenders... that seems to work.

Sorry to hear about any inconvenience or problem you have had here, Maddiedog.

Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

:P No varmints up there? :lol:
http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/
homie wrote:
SECoda wrote:I am on a varmint shooting forum
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

There is a part of me asking, Is it April 1st, as I read what is above. I am completely baffled. Almost even stunned. Just when you think you have heard it all.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

We have too many lawyers and Liberals here. Half of the lawyers are basically unemployed and use advertising to generate work. The Liberals think everyone owes them something. When they get together it's pandemonium.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:There is a part of me asking, Is it April 1st, as I read what is above. I am completely baffled. Almost even stunned. Just when you think you have heard it all.
yea that varmit forum... who knew?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

SECoda wrote:We have too many lawyers and Liberals here. Half of the lawyers are basically unemployed and use advertising to generate work. The Liberals think everyone owes them something. When they get together it's pandemonium.
Per the rules here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7,
maddiedog wrote:... no political or religious discussions are allowed on this forum.
Liberals have absolutely nothing to do with this.

I also know many reputable lawyers and hold them in high regard.

My absence is due to systemic problems with our legal system and a very disgruntled man looking to cause trouble. It has nothing to do with the the above two groups, and your post isn't productive.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

CaptnJim wrote:I would be fine with signing a "hold harmless" agreement as a condition of joining here. I belong to other forums and haven't heard of anything like this... crazy that the guy who starts the forum should have any concern about participating on that forum. Other forums just ban the offenders... that seems to work.

Sorry to hear about any inconvenience or problem you have had here, Maddiedog.

Jim
I wish that was an option, but I'm not sure the legality of something like that. It doesn't seem effective to ask everyone to sign waivers and fax them to me. ;)

I may register an LLC and sell the forum to my own LLC for $1 or something. The LLC would protect me from liability entirely, and at worse, someone like the guy threatening to sue could just take the forum away. I'd be willing to see that risk, I'd just ignore the complaint entirely. Worse case, I lose the site, more likely, nothing will even happen. :lol: