Optimum Garage Humidity

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: white

Re: Optimum Garage Humidity

Post by frog13 »

[quote="gn2"]A PCX is a cheap disposable utility vehicle, not some priceless work of art.
Leave the effing thing outside, saves you the bother of taking it in and out the garage

If your being serious , that's complete bologna .
OP , under 50 % your doing well . Some folks have alot of spare cash to dispose of on such machines . Commend you on trying not to be wasteful .
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Went Shopping (like everyone else did today! o_O Hel-lo ye last minute pickers!)

Anyway....I stopped in at Home Depot and bought 3 of these in 4lb. size: http://t.homedepot.com/p/DampRid-64-oz- ... 100391308/
Two buckets of this moisture/odor remover for my full sized basement, and one for my single car garage. I've had them in the basement in the past and they seem to work. Hopefully it will help moisture levels during WN's winter rest. At $10.00/each I'll see what it's really worth soon enough.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I have a 70 pint dehumidifier running year round in the basement (walk-out 2300 sq ft) but it basically turns off in the fall/winter with the heater running since the humidity falls below 40%. I really need a humidifier in the winter because the stained wood (doors, hardwood floors, inside of windows, trim, etc. sometimes gets a bit dry throughout the house. The basement is low too. The 3- car garage still varies by the weather even though it is insulated and dry-walled with a vapor barrier but generally things stay pretty dry if I leave the doors closed most of the time. Right now the inside of my house (main floor) is 27% humidity and it is raining outside (also 2300 sq ft). Maybe the heater runs too much. :lol:

What kind of humidity readings are you seeing.

http://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-FAD704 ... RNJVMYZKF5
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

frog13 wrote:
gn2 wrote:A PCX is a cheap disposable utility vehicle, not some priceless work of art.
Leave the effing thing outside, saves you the bother of taking it in and out the garage
If your being serious , that's complete bologna
Not sure what you mean but yes, I am perfectly serious.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
RideLondon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by RideLondon »

What the hell are you talking about?

Cheap disposable utility vehicle?

You're talking about a Honda Lead, or one of those crappy little Peugeot scooters.

The PCX is at the high- end of the market for 125 scooters. The only step up from a PCX is the current Yamaha Xmax 125.

If the scale is 1-10 for luxury, with 1 being your Honda Lead, and 10 being your Yamaha Xmax, the PCX is an 8, or a 9.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I love my cheap disposable utility vehicle. :D Oh, damn the humidity in my garage!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We shift our scooters between our basement and our carport. They don't seem any worst for wear. We bought a cover for one of them. We park them head to toe at the back of the carport, with the one that is most exposed getting the cover. If the weather forecast is bad for an extended amount of time, we bring them into the basement. I cheat on that a bit. The basement is heated and air conditioned. Great place for me to work on the bikes.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

My one just sits in a wooden shed with a sh1t load of acf50 on it in the winter and it's fine.

(The acf50 on the bike not the shed)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ^^ Good that you cleared that up for us Ali, others may say....WHAT!! o_O
Sensitivity levels are at an all time high. I think it's the Holidays bringing it on. Ya think? Funny how that happens at this time of year. The tides? Moon? Stars out of alignment? Don't know.
I say, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! (ONCE will be enough though. thanx) :D

So where's the Cheer? I already found the dang humidity :lol:
Pic of ACF50 can for all ye to see (be liberal)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 537 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I sprayed ACF-50 on some of my homebuilt airplane components (sat out in a nasty damp hangar) and trailer hitch hookups for years. Works great. I switched to using a Liquid Wrench version of the same thing because it dried better (Dry Lube). I think they all work pretty well but the dry doesn't stick to dirt so much. They basically displace moisture. Then there is "Moo Slick". :lol: