Buying a 2015 pcx150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

tHa_nEw-gUy
Year: 2015
Color: black

Buying a 2015 pcx150

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

hey guys, picking up a brand new 2015 pcx150 in couple weeks, the scooter retails for 3,499 dollars but bumps up close to 4,500 dollars out of door! never owned a scooter before, am very confident that honda will be good choice if not the best! my main reason i want to buy one is to save on gas, have fun when its warm enough. what do you guys think, is it too much money? should lean toward a used one?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Re: Buying a 2015 pcx150

Post by JohnL »

Not sure where you live so can't advise on the price. We have members all over the world and the price varies accordingly. If you go back to where you registered to join the forum you can put in your location, then you will get more responses.
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

JohnL wrote:Not sure where you live so can't advise on the price. We have members all over the world and the price varies accordingly. If you go back to where you registered to join the forum you can put in your location, then you will get more responses.
yeah sorry just entered my location!
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

In Canada, that price is about standard. I personally prefer to buy new simply because I know that it will be maintained properly from day one. I am very finicky about proper maintenance and do it all myself.
I would consider a used bike, but only if I could check it thoroughly, and or have it looked at by a reputable dealer.
It really depends upon your skill level and ability to do the maintenance. If I had to take the bike to the dealer for regular servicing, It would probably cost me as much as my car even considering the fuel savings. The first and only dealer service I have had, at 600 miles, cost me 325.00. Never again. The mechanics manual is less than 50.00.

And... the guys and gals on this forum are a fountain of help and inspiration. You can get answers to almost all of your questions here!
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

There's likely a little room to move. I doubt you'll find any used 2015s. Demos maybe. Search or browse the forums to see how much some others paid.

MikeP, you paid for a valve clearance inspection which is recommended at 1000 km / 600 miles as per the owners manual then at every 4000 km 2500 miles afterwards. But most people will argue that it's not necessary for minimum 12000 km. Even the tech at my local dealer thought the factory interval was way too conservative and/or a nice cash grab by some of the other dealers. Valve clearance inspection is about 2.5 hours labour. Adjustment is another 0.5 hours if required.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

That would roughly be my price here in Hawaii without the extended warranty(which I bought, and now they're playing games to keep me from selling it).

It does seem a tad high for a mainland dealer. If you must get it, my advice would be to find a reputable scooter shop or alternative moto shop to do your servicing. My dealer charged me $600 to do an oil change, replace a panel, an exhaust, a drive belt, and a variator(all parts provided by me sans the oil).
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

That is what I paid for. What really got me was when I did my own valve check at 4000km, I understood from the manual that the engine has to be cold to check and set the valves. Well the valves were so tight. I got to thinking, for my 1000km service, I took the bike in at 9am (drove it there) and the bike was ready for pick up 1pm. Well the engine was still hot when they set the valves! Thus the tight valves at 4000km.

I think the valve checking schedule is excessive, If they were set right to begin with.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

been reading around in this forum, some members paid as lows 3,900 OTD!!! am like whaaaaat? really wanna buy one but hate the feeling that am about to get ripped off by the stealership. i also understand they need to make some profits out of sales...
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Try not to sympathize too much with them. There's a difference between being generous and being a sucker. I'd suggest checking their reviews online and checking out other Honda dealers in your area(if available, there's only one on the whole island for me).
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

Valiant wrote:Try not to sympathize too much with them. There's a difference between being generous and being a sucker. I'd suggest checking their reviews online and checking out other Honda dealers in your area(if available, there's only one on the whole island for me).
totally agree with you, still got a few dealers to explore but that first impression just brought me dowm!!!
ipcx150

Post by ipcx150 »

Any advice on the price for a 2015 PCX in Seattle? 2 dealer quoted me $4200 OTD. When will be the best time to buy a PCX?
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

ipcx150 wrote:Any advice on the price for a 2015 PCX in Seattle? 2 dealer quoted me $4200 OTD. When will be the best time to buy a PCX?
Nice, another Pacific Northwester!

Answer, September to right now. In February, interest begins to grow but March and April is when they really start to sell to the point that they may be less willing to move on the price.

Look at reviews for dealers too in your area and also consider going out of town to find a better deal.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
penny
Color: Pearl White

Post by penny »

I drove 70 miles one way to a dealer that just sells Honda products to get a good price.
Glasseye

Post by Glasseye »

MikeP wrote:In Canada, that price is about standard.
Hi, Mike. :D I was quoted CDN $5375 OTD by a major Vancouver dealer yesterday.
I personally prefer to buy new simply because I know that it will be maintained properly from day one... The mechanics manual is less than 50.00.
Exactly my take on the subject. I've always done all my own work and I will if I get a PCX. Can you publish a source for that manual?

Also, is that your bike on your avatar? If so, how did you manage a white one? I'd love a white one. I'm nearly 70. It will be my last motorcycle.

Peter
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Calling out to "the _ new-guy" (spelled something like that)...
Where are ya fella? Did you get your scoot?
Please come Back n tell us! :roll: :P :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

WhiteNoise wrote:Calling out to "the _ new-guy" (spelled something like that)...
Hey! Yeah purchased a scooter but i went with SYM HD200 evo instead! $3700 OTD. Honda dealers want $4300 and above!
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

SYM used to be connected to Honda. I guess it is similar to Kymco. We have a new dealer in town but I have never seen one.
FromMototoScooter

Post by FromMototoScooter »

MikeP wrote: It really depends upon your skill level and ability to do the maintenance. If I had to take the bike to the dealer for regular servicing, It would probably cost me as much as my car even considering the fuel savings. The first and only dealer service I have had, at 600 miles, cost me 325.00. Never again. The mechanics manual is less than 50
I must have made out like a bandit, had the 600 mile initial service done today and was charged $58.80!
That's way down here on the Gulf Coast, don't know whether or not that has anything to do with it. I will say it's the cheapest bill I've ever received from a dealer - most were much the same as your quote for other bikes I have owned.

In any case, I hid my smile under my helmet while leaving, mah hahah :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^^it sure do sound like you made out like a bandit! Are you prove positive that they inspected your valves for possible adj? Along with an oil change?
If so.....Good for You! It was a Good Day Indeed! Gulf Coast treatment, I'm familiar ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

tHa_nEw-gUy wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Calling out to "the _ new-guy" (spelled something like that)...
Hey! Yeah purchased a scooter but i went with SYM HD200 evo instead! $3700 OTD. Honda dealers want $4300 and above!
Ah really? Okay, I guess you figured it all out. It's about and for you after all ;)
Congrats on your New scoot! I'd love to see a picture of it. Would you mind sharing one before you leave us :( for a Sym forum?