Who has a 2013 PCX ESP with idle stop???

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Who has a 2013 PCX ESP with idle stop???

Post by dem0nk1d »

http://moto-choice.com/en/Bike-Review/239/Honda-PCX-150

Check out the link above

"When the engine is switched off by the idle stop, a warning light A, is blinking on the display. This symbol is continuously lit during the ride. Thus the rider is being calmed by mother Honda seeming to repeat at every traffic light: “Until you feel confident enough, you are reminded by this blinking symbol A, that as soon as you turn the throttle on, the engine will automatically start without any hesitation”. Certainly it proves right at every traffic light, applying the throttle after inactivity.
Thus the fastest green light getaway occurs if rider turns and holds steady the throttle on, in one complete movement, without a hint of delay. At the opposite, a fast response rider will be the first to start from traffic lights like this. If rider turns on and off the throttle at traffic lights, at least once in 3 seconds and idle stop is turned on, engine will not be deactivated. "

Dang i feel so jipped with Honda of USA, even though the whole bike is made in Thailand.
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Re: Who has a 2013 PCX ESP with idle stop???

Post by wingz »

I do :)
And I got it new for R20k (2000 usd).
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

A fuel injected four stroke 150cc scooter is going to use a couple tenths of litre or a twentieth of a gallon of fuel per hour while idling. It's not worth the complication and potential additional wear and tear associated with the system.

In my 35km each way commute, I idle at a traffic light for maybe 10 minutes. There's a lot of traffic but I mostly crawl in it. Without idle stop, I would spend $651 in fuel a year. With idle stop, $634. It could make more sense across both ponds where fuel prices can be 2 to 4 times as much, but not in North America.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Hard to justify at $2/gallon gas here. I wish my Ford F-150 V8 Super Crew had it. :lol: Just kidding. It does have a deal where it can run on every cylinder under certain conditions. My son's F250 only gets 10 mpg avg. o_O
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

And i thought my little suv got bad mileage at 15 to 18 mpg in the city! Is that 10mpg in city driving or freeway driving?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

15 to 18 in a full size is pretty good. My dad averages 16 to 18 in his 2010 Toyota Tacoma, although I got it up to 22 on the highway.

My vehicle average MPGs are almost linear.

17 MPG (13.8 l/100km) - Honda Odyssey (mostly city)
32 MPG (7.3 l/100km) - Mazda 3 (70-80% city)
63 MPG (3.7 l/100km) - Yamaha BWS (all city)

All US gallons. I don't speak Imperial.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dkazzed wrote:15 to 18 in a full size is pretty good. My dad averages 16 to 18 in his 2010 Toyota Tacoma, although I got it up to 22 on the highway.

My vehicle average MPGs are almost linear.

17 MPG (13.8 l/100km) - Honda Odyssey (mostly city)
32 MPG (7.3 l/100km) - Mazda 3 (70-80% city)
63 MPG (3.7 l/100km) - Yamaha BWS (all city)

All US gallons. I don't speak Imperial.

Averaging 66mpg in my KIA diésel...
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

you you wrote:Averaging 66mpg in my KIA diésel...
I was considering a Jetta TDI before I decided on a Mazda 3 Skyactiv-G. The only companies selling diesel passenger vehicles (excluding pickups) in North America are VW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, BMW, and now Chevrolet. Mazda has indefinitely postponed the Skyactiv-D release here due to "technical issues".

The reduced fuel consumption with diesel is offset by the 5-20% price premium with diesel and added cost of adding Urea to the tank. Diesels also don't work properly for short distance commutes.

I was able to drive 1,004km on a single 49.3L tank of gas in my Mazda, driving from Calgary to Vancouver. That's 4.9 L/100km or 48 US MPG or 57 Imp MPG. A diesel might've done a little better but again be offset by a 5 to 20% premium on diesel fuel here over regular gas.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dkazzed wrote:
you you wrote:Averaging 66mpg in my KIA diésel...
I was considering a Jetta TDI before I decided on a Mazda 3 Skyactiv-G. The only companies selling diesel passenger vehicles (excluding pickups) in North America are VW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, BMW, and now Chevrolet. Mazda has indefinitely postponed the Skyactiv-D release here due to "technical issues".

The reduced fuel consumption with diesel is offset by the 5-20% price premium with diesel and added cost of adding Urea to the tank. Diesels also don't work properly for short distance commutes.

I was able to drive 1,004km on a single 49.3L tank of gas in my Mazda, driving from Calgary to Vancouver. That's 4.9 L/100km or 48 US MPG or 57 Imp MPG. A diesel might've done a little better but again be offset by a 5 to 20% premium on diesel fuel here over regular gas.
Mine works perfectly for short distance commutes and, unusually, gets better mpg
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

you you wrote:Mine works perfectly for short distance commutes and, unusually, gets better mpg
Ditto. Here too. :)