Givi T-492 Easy Large Saddlebags

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

FromMototoScooter
Year: 2015
Color: White

Givi T-492 Easy Large Saddlebags

Post by FromMototoScooter »

http://youtu.be/qfGfp3AG9sw
Click the link.

Received by UPS today the T-492 Givi Saddlebags. Looks like they're going to work great for a summer trip planned, plenty of room for a lightweight tent, sleeping pad, pillow, and other items. Tried to upload photo, but I've had a few too many to try to figure that out now :D Highly recommend for the PCX - good quality, budget friendly bags.
mrdtrotter
Color: black

Re: Givi T-492 Easy Large Saddlebags

Post by mrdtrotter »

is yours a 2015 model?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome! Have Ya had Less today? :lol:
I'd really like to see a pic with them on your scoot...please?
Givi makes a good product, just costs a bit more. Enjoy
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
FromMototoScooter

Ok I figured it out. iPads and forums - y'know? Excuse the incredibly outdated kitchen and the small apartment. But here's some pics of what the bags look like on the bike. And yes, it's the 2015 model.

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Very nice.

If you need more cargo, try using adjustable straps to secure a duffel bag to those saddlebags.

I use these two:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firs ... duffle-bag
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rok- ... ble-straps

In addition to the OEM top box(uses same key as my ignition), I have enough cargo space for two chains, a rain cover, and the duffel bag. Mobile security, plus a way to lug stuff around(typically the parts I need to have installed on my PCX :D ).
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Dustoff66 »

Those bags look really nice. I just checked the price on Compacc.com -- $142.99, so not too bad. Even if I decide to move up to the CTX700 DCT ( if the BW allows it ), it looks as though they'll fit that too. Givi has good stuff.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Nice bags. Are they easy to carry around as shoulder bags too? The bags look great.

I would love to park my scooter in the house, the wife would kill me though.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by DAB »

Just got a set of these, very well made. Not going to use the on the PCX though.

http://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/produ ... ddle-Bags/
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
FromMototoScooter

If you need more cargo, try using adjustable straps to secure a duffel bag to those saddlebags.
That's definitely the next purchase. Leaning towards Givi 35 waterproof duffel. But may go bigger.
FromMototoScooter

dkazzed wrote:Nice bags. Are they easy to carry around as shoulder bags too? The bags look great.
You can, though I haven't been using them that way ,mostly because I would need to undo the Velcro that I adjusted (for the under seat mounting) just to walk correctly, with either one over one shoulder, or one over each.

It's not a big deal, but I hate finicking with something once I have it set...maybe if I were staying at a hotel somewhere, then I'd utilize shoulder straps for convenience.

I just unload the bags, and if I don't want the bags on the bike anymore I open the seat trunk and grab 3 straps in one hand and place bags elsewhere. They also have small strap handles that you can carry them by. In the future I'll be more apt to use those than the shoulder straps.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Make sure to put some clear 3M or XPEL film on top of any painted areas the bags might rub on. You can buy such film on Amazon and other places. Otherwise, you'll likely have a nice sanding job done on your factory paint.
'88 BMW R100RT
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

No worries about yer kitchen, ;) your Nice White scoot Is what's outstanding :P Purdy.

So those are the side bags. Them seem a bit big for me. I think I'd be nervous with a full load in them.
You probably know to keep the weight evenly balanced on both sides for safety sake. I have a small set and I'm very aware of how I fill them.
Thanks for posting the pics. They are a good looking set! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
FromMototoScooter

WhiteNoise wrote: So those are the side bags. Them seem a bit big for me. I think I'd be nervous with a full load in them.
You probably know to keep the weight evenly balanced on both sides for safety sake. I have a small set and I'm very aware of how I fill them.
Thanks for posting the pics. They are a good looking set! 8)
Thanks. Yeah they're pretty big, but the selling point was the Givi video on YouTube, they don't seem to dwarf the scoot. It's going to be perfect for me this summer, I'm planning a rather large trip on the scoot that I'll share when the time comes. I'll be sure to even out the loads ( although to be honest they won't be loaded up with a lot of weight, just a few backpacking items that are lightweight )

:D thanks
FromMototoScooter

kcpcx wrote:Make sure to put some clear 3M or XPEL film on top of any painted areas the bags might rub on. You can buy such film on Amazon and other places. Otherwise, you'll likely have a nice sanding job done on your factory paint.
Very good idea. In the past I haven't used anything like this and just accepted the faded paint effect, but this is a much better way of going about things. Just ordered on Amazon, thanks dude ;)
jblye
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by jblye »

Thanks for the info and pictures, FromMotoToScooter.

I had been thinking seriously about buying a top box, with some reservations. Having a box positioned so high and so far rearward always
looked strange to me.....and putting very much weight in one could adversely affect handling....or so it would seem. Others will differ in their
opinions of top boxes, of course.

The Givi T-492 soft bags look good and put the added weight closer to the center of gravity, which should make for better handling
when loaded versus a loaded top box. I also like that fact that the T-492 bags are expandable from 7 inches wide to 11 inches wide.
They could be kept in the unexpanded configuration and simply expanded when more cargo space is needed. Makes sense to me !

Just two questions about the T-492s:
Do they move around much when riding at 50+ mph ?
Is the mounting system for the lower part of the bags a good design for use on the 2015 PCX150 ?

Thanks
Johnny
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

My wife would kill the bike if I parked it on her ceramic tile in "her" kitchen. Then me. :o

On the top cases if you don't see it in the rear view mirrors you have no idea they are even there. It may slow down top speed a mph or so but I have noticed no other effect on my Forza in testing with a Givi V47 at 85 mph in some wind. The max weight is only 1-3% of the bike plus rider. I like the additional rear lighting it provides.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
jblye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jblye »

Thanks for the feedback, Tbin930.

How is your Forza's handling affected when the top box is heavily loaded ?

Johnny
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

The case (Givi V47) weighs about 10 lbs and holds 22 lbs max. I weight 208 plus the Forza weighs about 425 so a full case is only about 4% the weight of the case, bike, and driver. I had a helmet, gloves, water bottle, flashlight and a few other small items and would guess it was 10-12 lbs but I really could not tell it was even on there other than maybe a mph drop in top speed in the tests I was doing. I think the case is primarily in the slipstream. I did about 156 miles one day with at speeds from 30 to 75 and really could not tell a difference with it on. I have not tried the PCX with it yet which is more affected by wind and lighter in weight. It is a smaller case (E370NA), however.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

FromMototoScooter wrote:
kcpcx wrote:Make sure to put some clear 3M or XPEL film on top of any painted areas the bags might rub on. You can buy such film on Amazon and other places. Otherwise, you'll likely have a nice sanding job done on your factory paint.
Very good idea. In the past I haven't used anything like this and just accepted the faded paint effect, but this is a much better way of going about things. Just ordered on Amazon, thanks dude ;)

I learned this from my dad. He used some on the tank of the Triumph Tiger he used to have and I was impressed by how well it kept the tank from getting scratched up. Also, the tint shop where I had my car windows tinted installs clear film on the front of cars to prevent rock chips. We had some cars that had been so treated that were traded in at the dealership where I used to work. We were impressed at how well it protected the paint on the front of the cars compared to similar unprotected cars.
'88 BMW R100RT
jblye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jblye »

Hi, FromMototoScooter

Is the mounting system for the lower part of the bags a good design for use on the 2015 PCX150 ?

In other words, are the bags securely attached so that the bags can't contact the exhaust system
or moving parts,,,,or flop around at all when running at 60 mph or so ?

Now that you have a bit more experience with the bags on your PCX, what are the pros and cons ?

I'm leaning toward getting the bags rather than a top box. I just don't like the looks of a top box
(especially the large ones, and the smaller ones don't appear to be large enough for best utility ).
Your 492 bags have a sporty look and appear to be large enough for practical use.

Thanks
Johnny