Came of last night

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Came of last night

Post by TC3 »

My fault and no one else involved. Messed up a manoeuvre, hit the kerb of the central reservation, fell against the kerb but mainly landed on the grass and slid beneath central reservation barrier. I got off ok with grazed and bruised knee, stiff neck and very sore wrist/ hand. Bike has a broken front right panel, deep scratches on the bottom right panel, exhaust pipe scraped and the left front panel has lost paint when it came into contact with the barrier the bike slid under.
I am really pissed off at myself for being so bloody stupid and not paying enough attention. Not sure what i am going to do in regards for repairs as if i go through insurance it will increase next years premium and i have a 150 excess as well. Have protected no claims but a claim will still count against me on both bike and car policys at next renewal. Fix up myself i guess. Maybe change to red colour and sell off my good black panels on ebay.
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Came of last night

Post by uploader »

its a shame about your bike but thank god you still in one piece
if the bike is still a runner forget about the insurance
excess £150 new panels are about £150 it's a no brainer
and red panels do sound nice ;)
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Insurance is never worth it. They always find a way to screw you over one way or another. Maybe a red and black theme?
ImageImage ImageImage Image
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Just gonna leave for now and decide what to do about it after my holiday in July. No not worth going through insurance. Of to a&e as elbow is now in agony and better get looked at ... Not my left busted elbow from last year but my right one this time.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Ah, that sucks. Make sure to stop by the doc to make sure it's not broken. At least it's still rideable, and glad to hear you're mostly ok. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Hear hear! Glad you're (mostly) okay mate. The PCX can always be fixed. Your flesh & bones are far more important. You can now get on with the task of getting the PCX you really want. (1st dibs on the nlack tailpiece please :-) )
Image[/URL
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Cheers guys, nothing broken thankfully. I have decided to just replace the one broken panel. The lower right panel is badly scuffed underneath and minor scuff to its side which looks a bit better after using a black turtle wax chip stick. The left front panel i am just leaving and may look round for a sticker to cover damage. I dont want to throw much into the scooter as i am not in work and it keeps wifey happy. Sooner or later i will be part exchanging the PCX for NCX so will just have to adjust value of part ex.
Importing a full set from abroad costs 150 quid with 55 quid shipping. Than you pay VAT on that and there is probably a customs duty on it too. Not something i can doas just want to get a NCX at the end of the day and put money aside for that.
jeff spahn

Re: Came off last night

Post by jeff spahn »

I am removing the center stand for this reason. Not enough clearance to corner properly.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Not enough clearance to corner properly? o_O

I've dragged mine on accident only a couple of times, and I've ridden some really twisty roads, using the full range of the tire. If you're putting it that far into corners, you need to drive less aggressively.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Glad you a relatively OK, sounds as if you were lucky really
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Came of last night

Post by Alibally »

Glad your ok. It's a bummer about the bike but it's only a chunk of metal.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

JGC wrote:Glad you a relatively OK, sounds as if you were lucky really
Cheers and yes both bike and I could have been a lot worse if had not landed on soft ground.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Alibally wrote:Glad your ok. It's a bummer about the bike but it's only a chunk of metal.
Ta....you mean plastic I believe :-)
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Glad to hear your in one piece, shame about the bike, changing to red panels will slow you down tho ;)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Scottish wrote:Glad to hear your in one piece, shame about the bike, changing to red panels will slow you down tho ;)
Cheers :)
Just been to dealer who offered me a discount on the panels i need so cheapest to keep it black :)
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Glad to hear you're almost fine, mate. That sounded like a close call. Get that wrist/elbow checked ASAP.

One of the reasons why I chose my PCX in black is that the panels are originally black, so any scratches on a black unit will be less visible, at least in theory.

I assume you were wearing a helmet, but, were you wearing any other protective gear like a jacket with protections and the like?.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Cheers and yes wearing helmet. Would have done real damage on arm if I never had my biking jacket on. Kelvar. Other than that just had gloves so legs would have been worse if landed on hard ground due to jeans and trainers.
The black hides light scuffs well yes but deep scratches still look bad as there is a red primer it seems so becareful if using t cut on edges!
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Smart guy. The jacket is a must. I have recently purchased a summer jacket, a Bering Aero in anthracite. It has elbow, shoulder and back protections. It's quite well ventilated and super comfortable. As for trousers, I regularly wear jeans so in the event of a mishap my legs won't be well protected, so I'm considering to purchase one of those kevlar "armoured" jeans.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Cascanciu wrote:Smart guy. The jacket is a must. I have recently purchased a summer jacket, a Bering Aero in anthracite. It has elbow, shoulder and back protections. It's quite well ventilated and super comfortable. As for trousers, I regularly wear jeans so in the event of a mishap my legs won't be well protected, so I'm considering to purchase one of those kevlar "armoured" jeans.
I came off my SV at 45mph and was wearing Hood jeans which have kelvar and protected my legs from serious cuts. The jean material was shredded on the hip and knee i landed on as i skidded on the tarmac but the kelvar lining was intact and i only got burn marks on my legs. I would get the protection sooner rather than later ..... should have worn my kelvar lined cargo pants!
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

Woolley wrote:Maybe a red and black theme?
That would be special, red and black mixed! Nice!

Just as everybody has already said: I'm glad you're relatively OK.