Mirror extensions

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Mirror extensions

Post by caseybea »

Same problem as many larger riders- the mirrors are too close together.

I shopped around looking at different mirrors, decided I really like the stock mirrors. Just need to move them out...

So, I just picked up a pair of these on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VB ... UTF8&psc=1

To confirm for other folks here who may be interested, the 2013 PCX does indeed require TWO left-hand-threaded extensions. (what a weird thing). I am guessing the 2015 is the same...?

Anyway, just adding my two cents that these extensions work very well. The mirrors are now OUT where I need them, as well as being UP a wee bit as well. For tall riders like me, they work great. I got them in black, they blend in with all of the rest of the trim and junk on the handlebars.
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Mirror extensions

Post by GeezyRider »

Thanks for your post and link. This is something I have been wanting to do but keep putting off. I think I'll stop procrastinating and order them NOW.
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

GeezyRider wrote:Thanks for your post and link. This is something I have been wanting to do but keep putting off. I think I'll stop procrastinating and order them NOW.
No, I don't work for Amazon :-)

PS: If you have anything other than a 2013, CHECK your mirrors first and which way they unscrew. It seems that every bike is different. Weird standard. Some bikes have 2 x left, some have 2 x right, some have one of each............
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I bought the ones Givi makes. I really never thought about right or left threads.They don't come loose while riding so maybe I got lucky. I like the concept of them being higher. The Givi ones are about the same height they were originally. I may look into these. Thanks for the link. I am a big fan of amazon.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

If the threads were the wrong direction you would not have been able to screw them in at all.
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

caseybea wrote: PS: If you have anything other than a 2013, CHECK your mirrors first and which way they unscrew. It seems that every bike is different. Weird standard. Some bikes have 2 x left, some have 2 x right, some have one of each............
No worries, mine is a 2013.
jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

My 2013 (Canadian) PCX has right-hand threads on both sides. I now have one extender on the bike, and the other in a drawer in case I can ever find a bolt (none of the hardware stores near me sells them).

You can see the extension on the left-hand mirror.

eBay seller was excellent - luckybike-accessories http://www.ebay.com/usr/luckybike-accessories
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

jon_l wrote:eBay seller was excellent - luckybike-accessories http://www.ebay.com/usr/luckybike-accessories
LuckyBike was also the vendor who supplied the extensions I purchased from Amazon. You are right, they were great to work with.
LadyBug
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by LadyBug »

Do you think these will work for the 2014 Forza as well?
EvelLADYBUGKnievel
jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

I read about them on this site, first in the Forza section, so look there.

I think the answer is yes they will fit, but before you order, verify for yourself which direction your mirrors are threaded. There are conflicting posts suggesting not every scooter of the same model is the same. Maybe it varies by market.
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Yep, Forzas have backwards threads....
I used these extensions until I found that Honda CB500X mirrors have a longer stem than our scoot's....fit with no alterations - and I think they are a cleaner/stock-looking solution. They look just like the stock mirrors, except the stem is thicker (but machined the same on the ends) and longer than our scooter mirrors.
Fish