Not going to order the PCX because . . . . .

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Not going to order the PCX because . . . . .

Post by louthepoo »

I've bought a Honda S-Wing!

Got a bargain so it turned my eye away from the Honda PCX,

Its a 2008 (ABS) 125cc FES S-Wing with 2000 miles, full service history and immaculate condition.
Paid £1800 with free delivery, full tank of fuel and L plates.
Attachments
IMG-20120704-02090.jpg
IMG-20120704-02090.jpg (447.81 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Not going to order the PCX because . . . . .

Post by Fiah »

Very nice! I liked the S-Wing a lot when I got it as a loaner. More comfortable than the PCX and with mirrors that you can actually use!
Attachments
IMG-20120704-02090.jpg
IMG-20120704-02090.jpg (198.43 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

Cheers for righting the photo Fiah, I uploaded it from my mobile so had no idea how to put it the right way.

Got to say I'm well chuffed with the s-wing, so comfy to ride and quick off the mark! Feels really big when you're riding it too! Not as pretty as a PCX but I'm glad I got it, especially for that money.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Nice one, in many ways it's a far better scooter than a PCX.
I really like them, if Honda did a 300cc version I would have one in a flash.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

gn2 wrote:Nice one, in many ways it's a far better scooter than a PCX.
I really like them, if Honda did a 300cc version I would have one in a flash.
To be honest I wasn't really looking at an S-Wing because they were out of my price range but I just fell lucky on this one. I don't know much about them, how many different engine sizes do they do?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Just the 125 in the UK, there may be a 150 elsewhere.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

Can't blame you for the decision. Really clean looking bike, sure you will enjoy it as much or more than a PCX. Actually, I can see some of the PCX body lines in S-Wing.
T.B.T.B.

Post by T.B.T.B. »

I don't get it. What is the reason for this thread? That the s-wing is better than a PCX?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

It's really quite simple, an active forum member wished to announce the purchase of their new scooter.
I think that the S-Wing is a far better scooter than a PCX but my opinion isn't the reason for this thread.
The only reason I didn't buy an S-Wing was the price.
The green one with ABS looks very classy indeed.

duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

gn2 wrote:I think that the S-Wing is a far better scooter than a PCX
Why is the S-Wing 'far' better? I guess it should be considering the price difference. It's bigger for sure but that's just the reason why I bought the PCX, for it's low weight. So gn2, please explain why it's far better.
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

I didn't start the thread to willy wave about my scooter being better than yours. I was set on a PCX and have been on this forum asking advice, reading about the PCX and to generally get more clued up about it. In the end I saw this s-wing and thought it was a really good deal and thought I'd put it up to explain why I haven't gone for the PCX in the end and chose the s-wing.

I think its clear to everyone that this thread wasn't started to say the s-wing is better than the PCX. I'd read it back again if you think that.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

duive01 wrote:Why is the S-Wing 'far' better?
Let me see, where to start...
Better on-board storage, better weather protection, adjustable rear suspension, clock as standard, bigger and more comfortable seat opens sideways so can stay open with steering locked, better mirrors, luggage rack as standard, higher top speed, better build quality, ABS option, longer rear suspension travel, beefier front forks, disc rear brake, bigger front disc, easier to clean wheels, much bigger fuel tank, factory colour matched topbox as standard, much longer range between fill-ups, more power, no 100kph speed restrictor, 12v dc socket, luggage hook, rev counter, twin trip meter, fuel computer... etc.

It is very much a luxury spec machine.
When you see one side by side with a PCX in a showroom you see instantly how much of a budget spec machine the PCX really is.
Which is why the PCX is significantly cheaper.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

gn2, that Green is awesome! Slick. Thanks for comparison of machines, I never knew the seat went up from the side, cool. I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm at a dealer, defintely has those "spoil me" features ;) likey
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

gn2 wrote:
duive01 wrote:Why is the S-Wing 'far' better?
Let me see, where to start...
Better on-board storage, better weather protection, adjustable rear suspension, clock as standard, bigger and more comfortable seat opens sideways so can stay open with steering locked, better mirrors, luggage rack as standard, higher top speed, better build quality, ABS option, longer rear suspension travel, beefier front forks, disc rear brake, bigger front disc, easier to clean wheels, much bigger fuel tank, factory colour matched topbox as standard, much longer range between fill-ups, more power, no 100kph speed restrictor, 12v dc socket, luggage hook, rev counter, twin trip meter, fuel computer... etc.

It is very much a luxury spec machine.
When you see one side by side with a PCX in a showroom you see instantly how much of a budget spec machine the PCX really is.
Which is why the PCX is significantly cheaper.
Fuel tank size is one of the reasons im not missing my PCX that much. Although i do miss the mpg.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

I'm getting around 95mpg out of the s-wing and im not being that gentle on the throttle
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Side opening seat is a good idea. Was pretty normal on 70s/80s bikes.

What happened?
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

I'd never thought of it before but really like it! Really useful!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Even though you got an S-Wing instead of a PCX, stay around. A Honda scooter is a Honda scooter.

The S-wing is a beautiful piece of machinery. I've only seen pictures, since we can't get them in the USA. If they had been available, I would have been looking at them in addition to the PCX, I love their styling.

Enjoy the ride!
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

I hadn't seen the S-Wing until I went to pick my PCX up from the dealer. I must say it seems to be a lot of scooter for the money and would be very comfortable. Almost Burgman 650 Exec-esque if you will. My only concern would be the effect the extra weight would have on performance but I've since heard top speed, acceleration and economy are still very good for a 125cc machine. Is it worth a third as much again as the PCX? It would seem so.

Bill
Image[/URL
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

maddiedog wrote:Even though you got an S-Wing instead of a PCX, stay around. A Honda scooter is a Honda scooter.

The S-wing is a beautiful piece of machinery. I've only seen pictures, since we can't get them in the USA. If they had been available, I would have been looking at them in addition to the PCX, I love their styling.

Enjoy the ride!
Cheers Maddie, I intended staying around and have carried on posting, on the whole its a nice forum and I still like the pcx and scooters in general. I absolutely love how it rides! Its so smooth and has great weather protection! The tank is huge compared to my old 50cc Kymco too so I don't have to fill up every few days! Only problem I have is the size of it! I have a small garage and a big scooter! It takes some manouvering to fit corner to corner! I like the size on the road though, gives more presence