First time service

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

dog64bull
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

First time service

Post by dog64bull »

So the mileage on my scooter is 902 and it hasn't been serviced yet. Is this alright???? I do plan on getting it serviced sometime next month. I don't do any long riding. I just ride around my little town going to work, to the store, and to the park to work out. My tires are good and i haven't wrecked.
GeeGusKahn
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: First time service

Post by GeeGusKahn »

dog64bull wrote:So the mileage on my scooter is 902 and it hasn't been serviced yet. Is this alright???? I do plan on getting it serviced sometime next month. I don't do any long riding. I just ride around my little town going to work, to the store, and to the park to work out. My tires are good and i haven't wrecked.
If nothing else, get the oil changed.
It is a very easy procedure if you are a do it yourself type of person.
Sean, who loves Hi-Vis everything.
2013 Red PCX150 - NCY V and DF, 11 g rollers, stock OEM belt.
2006 Wht. Burgman 650, 30,000+ miles, running like a champ..
fun2scoot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Re: First time service

Post by fun2scoot »

^ +1
Here is a good read on the oil change procedure.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25

If you decide to have the dealer do it, and, if they push you to have them do the valves too 'for the sake of warranty', tell them you already had it done - by a guy who's out of town and can't do the oil right now....;
the likelihood of the valves being sufficiently out of tolerance at this early stage to be a problem, with the way you ride, is vanishingly remote.