New PCX 150 owner...finally

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

duive01
Regular User
Regular User

New PCX 150 owner...finally

Post by duive01 »

3 months after my initial PCX order I finally got it, my new red PCX 150!
3 months ago, in March, I ordered a white PCX 125. It was sold out and because of floodings in Thailand it would be the end of May until I could get one. And then, in May, the word came out that there would be a PCX 150 by the end of June. So I decided to go for the 150. I also changed my mind about the color and choose red this time. The the end of June became the beginning of July due to tire problems. So finally I've got my PCX!

I have it for two days now and already made 300 miles. I have to put on 600 miles by wednesday, then it's getting serviced by my local dealer. Right after that I leave for my trip from Holland to Spain. First goal is Finestrat (near Benidorm) where the ashes of my parents is/are. Sort of pilgrimage. If I go al the way south to Gibraltar (second goal) I will probably do 5000 miles, otherwise about 4000 miles. Some of the things along the way to visit/see are Paris, Barcelona, Montserrat, Andorra, Valencia, Bordeaux, gorges, high mountains (Pyrenees), Atlantic coast, Spanish east coast, etc, etc.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New PCX 150 owner...finally

Post by gn2 »

That's a long time to wait, you'll be a happy bunny now.
Sounds like a very interesting trip, keep us posted with your stories from the road and pictures as well.
I'm sure you will enjoy your 150 hugely.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

If you'll be hitting the east-south of Spain, spend a while in the province of Cádiz. Don't skip places like Rota, Barbate, Caños de Meca, El Puerto de Santa María, etc... Wonderful beaches, great food, cold beer and plenty of fun.

We expect your photos ;). Have fun and ride safely!.
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

That's been a long wait but I bet its worth it, you're gonna have a lot of fun on your trip! You've got the best colour in my opinion too!
You should do a blog of the trip with pics! I'm sure a lot of people would be intrested in reading it!
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

I agree Red is the best colour. Hope all goes well on your trip and try and keep us up to date as you progress :)
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

Three months is a long time but all that time I had my trusty Honda Lead 100 so it was not that I was without a motorscooter!

I will post some pictures afterwards. I'm not planning to use a computer while traveling. So that will be the second half of August before I'm back and have all the pictures sorted out.

I have now 500 miles on it. I like it a lot. I'm afraid I should have ordered an Ermax +25 windshield for a more relaxed ride but it's too late for that now. I did buy an Airhawk for more comfort and I think that's gonna safe me a lot of pain. It's not completely painless with the Airhawk (in my case) but it reduces well. I just did a 115 miles trip this afternoon, non-stop riding and feel pretty good.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Congrats on finally getting one!

What's the Airhawk look like? Also, you should put up pictures of your PCX in the Gallery forum. There aren't nearly enough pictures of 150s on here. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

Back from my 8000 km/5000 mile journey across The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Andorra, Spain and England (Gibraltar). The PCX150 performed very well, even in high mountains (been up to 2408m). It was a smooth ride all the way through mountains (Pyrenees, Sierra Nevada), through cities (Paris, Bordeaux, Barcelona, Valencia), along beaches (Mediterranean and Atlantic Ocean) and over the country roads, no problems at all. I love my PCX150!