Pcx 150 in the UK

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Barrelman

Pcx 150 in the UK

Post by Barrelman »

Been looking at pcx 125 for a while but recently seen pcx 150's for sale on eBay in the UK. Anyone bought one in the UK. Worried about about increased insurance price as think it might be classified as import.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Pcx 150 in the UK

Post by homie »

OH NO! one of our sheep wondered off to wanker town
Attachments
crazys.jpg
crazys.jpg (14.95 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 125 2015
Color: White/blue

Post by itcaptainslow »

Barrelman wrote:Been looking at pcx 125 for a while but recently seen pcx 150's for sale on eBay in the UK. Anyone bought one in the UK. Worried about about increased insurance price as think it might be classified as import.
Were they ever officially sold in the UK? (I don't know the answer to this!) If they were not, then you definitely have the answer.

Best thing is to ring a couple of insurance companies and ask them how they'd view it.
Barrelman

Post by Barrelman »

homie wrote:OH NO! one of our sheep wondered off to wanker town
What do you mean I presume your being abusive to me. Why? I've just joined the forum after reading it many hundreds of times and this is the first response to my first post. Thanks
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

It was 125's in the UK only. Ask the vendor where they come from. The U.S. Bikes have lots of differences. No stop start, lights and indicators are different, etc etc.

It's worth getting a quote for the insurance first but it's a 150cc bike so how expensive is it going to be?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

Barrelman wrote:
homie wrote:OH NO! one of our sheep wondered off to wanker town
What do you mean I presume your being abusive to me. Why? I've just joined the forum after reading it many hundreds of times and this is the first response to my first post. Thanks
It was a bit uncalled for wasn't it.

Have a word with yourself Homie.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

I looked on eBay and they look good. A little extra power over the 125 would be useful.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

There are two versions of the PCX 150, the Italian market one and the North American market one.
Any UK eBay listing will probably be for an Italian market one.
This would be classed as a grey import and warranty would be rather interesting.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Barrelman

Post by Barrelman »

gn2 wrote:There are two versions of the PCX 150, the Italian market one and the North American market one.
This would be classed as a grey import and warranty would be rather interesting.
YeahYwarranty is a worry too. Perhaps I'll find out more from the seller. My commute is only 15 miles bit 7 miles of large A road which is basically two lane motorway. Just feel the 25cc extra would be my better option to keep up with at least the HGV'S at 55-60mph
itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User

Post by itcaptainslow »

gn2 wrote:There are two versions of the PCX 150, the Italian market one and the North American market one.
Good point re. the warranty.

How old is the PCX you're looking at OP?
Barrelman

Post by Barrelman »

New 2015 model.
itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User

Post by itcaptainslow »

Barrelman wrote:New 2015 model.
If it's brand new-the thing I would do is call Honda UK and ask them the question about the warranty. The standard warranty for a UK supplied PCX is two years from the date of first reg; you may find the PCX150 being a (presumed) Italian model from the info above may have only a year, or even nothing at all! (Only statutory rights protection from the supplier, which may be a pain to enforce should things get tricky)
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

http://bikes.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my ... ranty.html
All Honda Scooters and Bikes have across Europe warranty (it mentions the 2yrs warranty (if serviced!) but also says check the user manual for full terms and conditions) - so, any of those in Europe able to say what the owners book mentions? :)
The 'grey import' situation may still apply - tricky, esp, if there are differences as-sold, but hey, as part of the EU things may now be different.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Barrelman! :P Think Fun!!
I hope all goes in your favor investigating that 2015 PCX150. I live across the pond and have no knowledge of your warranty, etc. I will leave that to those that do know. But....I do have a 2015 8) and I love it. I think you will too regardless of the differences between them (USA and Europe). Good Luck!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Barrelman wrote: Just feel the 25cc extra would be my better option to keep up with at least the HGV'S at 55-60mph
Won't make much difference.
Far better to get a 250-300
Daelim S3 Advance 250 is £3300 and will do the job far better than a PCX.
http://www.daelim.co.uk/s3advance_250cc.php
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

gn2 wrote:
Barrelman wrote: Just feel the 25cc extra would be my better option to keep up with at least the HGV'S at 55-60mph
Won't make much difference.
Far better to get a 250-300
Daelim S3 Advance 250 is £3300 and will do the job far better than a PCX.
http://www.daelim.co.uk/s3advance_250cc.php
£600 more than the pcx seems good value with all the features - just lacking ABS.
Barrelman

Post by Barrelman »

It'd have to be a Honda for me. Buying for the 100+mpg and build quality. Want something that will last me years. knowk I'll get that with the PCX. MIGHT just go for UK spec 125
RideLondon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by RideLondon »

Why exactly would you want a 150?
Barrelman

Post by Barrelman »

RideLondon wrote:Why exactly would you want a 150?
The price difference only £300. 7 miles of my 15 mile commute is basically motorway. I thought 150 might have a bit extra top speed to be more comfortable at about 60mph. Don't want bigger bike that can do 70mph+ as I already have big sports bike. Scooter is to save me fuel costs
itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User

Post by itcaptainslow »

My UK PCX125 (2015 model) used to cruise comfortably at 60mph. Indicated max was around 66mph from memory-it did feel a bit strained at that point. A 60mph cruise is quite OK on it though-it's worth purchasing a taller screen for better wind protection. I also found my tall screen made the bike get up to speed a little easier and improved the economy by a couple of MPG at higher speeds.