Takegawa variator and Heidenau tyres

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Takegawa variator and Heidenau tyres

Post by djcat »

Posting my experience here with recent modifications as per topic.

Takegawa variator gave it much more acceleration and put a smile on my face on country roads and through the city, up to 60mph nothing can beat it (except a proper bike :P).

In an attempt to find its new top speed and see if it makes it a little more motorway-able I took it to a local motorway, tops out just below 70mph or just beyond it with a little downhill incline. Much more stable with the 100 front and 120 rear Heidenau K66 tyres which also gives it the (long missed grip for proper cornering and braking) but I think that the sweet spot is up to 60mph.

A little video of this boring, uneventful top speed run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLrw110l6o
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Takegawa variator and Heidenau tyres

Post by Pcxdemon »

djcat wrote:Posting my experience here with recent modifications as per topic.

Takegawa variator gave it much more acceleration and put a smile on my face on country roads and through the city, up to 60mph nothing can beat it (except a proper bike :P).

In an attempt to find its new top speed and see if it makes it a little more motorway-able I took it to a local motorway, tops out just below 70mph or just beyond it with a little downhill incline. Much more stable with the 100 front and 120 rear Heidenau K66 tyres which also gives it the (long missed grip for proper cornering and braking) but I think that the sweet spot is up to 60mph.

A little video of this boring, uneventful top speed run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLrw110l6o
If it gives you small vibrations on takeoff, get a washer between .6 and 1mm ( you have to try it out for your self to which one is best for you) and it will get rid of the vibrations but also may extend your top end slightly, it did on mine...also if money (small change pub money) is no big deal you should upgrade to advance pro 14 degree face outer pulley ( not the light one, there are two they sell) and it will make it even better..