My build/mods thread: '15 PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

the best mirror?

Post by Jge64 »

Well, I have not found it...Ordered a few off eBay, will sell what I don't use, they're all cheap so in the pic from the top-->stock mirror, eBay mirror, another eBay mirror and then the bikerbitz alloy mirror.

After fitting all of them I really love the look of the small bikerbitz one but on an extender, it's too small and too many bolts/angles that loosen after time. The 2nd eBay mirror is the best picture but the glass is cheap , but I may end up with that one. But right now, the Honda mirror is still pretty nice and gives you a good view.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: My build/mods thread: '15 PCX

Post by you you »

j.d.b. wrote:Wow, very nice!
Does that exhaust have a catalyst brick inside or does the bike now emit "aromatically"?

Smell?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Glen I like "everything" you've done! You certainly are determined. It seems like it took you no time at all to do all of this. Cheers! :)
Now you're on the mirrors and I was wondering if you saw member homie's. They are Magazi's and they come in a variety of colors and styles (Magazi's website: http://www.magazi-moto.com).

Here's homie's thread, with his Magazi mirrors 8) http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... zi+mirrors

Love how you're making "your" scoot.....Yours
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Thx a lot......it was as easy as reading posts here and makin a list......the vendors were great to deal with. The installs are a hobby.

About done now, it is a joy to ride and look at, IMHO......
Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Wow...the magazi mirrors are nice....ordered....may wrap or paint them matte black.....
Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

So here are the Magazi mirrors , mounted, and yes I think it is the best mirror at this point… thanks for the tip! The chrome finish looks fine with the other helm bling items.

It comes with its own extender so you don't have too many joints to tighten , with a ball joint at the bottom. The image is small, very clear and tinted. Mirror is high quality. I really like these ...off Amazon, $49 bucks
Glen
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes, looking smart! That's the one! 8)
Member homie found us a good pair of mirrors :P I've yet to get mine. I think all the color choices are holding me up. I'm pondering between the white/black, chrome/black, carbon or just plain ol' black. I'll figure it out one of these days. I hate choosing from big menu's :D

Great pickings Glen!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Just a short shout out to the guys at VOLOLIGHTS. I bought their brake light frame that strobes when decelerating, not just when braking. It works great. I bought it with the carbon fiber look frame but it does not look quality and is obviously a decal, not CF. So I called Vololights and asked if I could just buy the black frame. They said no, but would be happy to send the black frame FREE. Can't beat that type of customer service!

Glen
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Now that's the kind of business we all would like to deal with! Kudo's to VOLO!
On the wiring, I can see it. Was this the only way you could do it by housing them on the exterior? I know you have good reason you're fussy (me too...duh) :roll:

So I ordered those Magazi mirrors in White last night. Very tempted to order 3 pair (carbon, chrome and the white) just to see them up close, but didn't. I like their carbon pattern (zoom in).
But now I'm looking to match a future top case purchase :D
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Yup wiring will go inside fender next week with epoxy, totally hidden, just there now for inital calibration. On many mods, i dont finalize the mod until i use it for a few days.
Glen
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

Looks sharp. I like how you modded the footboards, they look way better than when they came in.

A word of caution with the dipstick, I tried an aftermarket one and the center portion that you actually read the oil off of eventually rattled loose. I was very fortunate to notice it was loose before it rattled off into the crankcase, which may have been a disaster. So, check your dipstick and make sure the inner portion you read the oil off of isn't loose or capable of coming loose.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Thanks, I will watch that, it does not really read any better, it may go in the "failed mod" column, of which my workshop is littered with...LOL

Note: just checked, it's solid at this point.
Glen
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

Just throw the "failed mods" on ebay, someone will buy them! :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Yeah I'm almost ready for a scooter garage sale...all new stuff that I had to get a look at: takagawa short shocks, a few sets of mirrors, a seat, and other items....
Glen
dvw60
Year: 2015

Post by dvw60 »

Really like all your mods, and all the extensive product selection testing! That being said, I'm using all your excellent detail as my roadmap to my upgrades. I did notice what looked like a cool black matt helmet in one of your pics, and I'm shopping for an nice half helmet for around town short runs...do you have a recommendation? Thanks again for taking the time with all the great pics, they're not only helpful...but show the passion for perfection!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Thanks for the compliments.....I have two matte helmets: a scorpion (lower price) and an Shoei RJ platinum-r, - also matte gray....both open face. .the scorpion exo-ct220 has all sorts of neat stuff and is my DD.
Glen
dvw60
Year: 2015

Post by dvw60 »

While I'm at it...I'm fascinated with the Malossi exhaust, because of the simple smooth lines, expensive look and carbon fiber end. Was there a particular reason you chose that brand, such as performance and or sound. Build quality looks exceptional.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

dvw60 wrote:While I'm at it...I'm fascinated with the Malossi exhaust, because of the simple smooth lines, expensive look and carbon fiber end. Was there a particular reason you chose that brand, such as performance and or sound. Build quality looks exceptional.
Nope you nailed it 100%… Those things you just mentioned were the highest priority on my list. Most of everything I do is for appearance , and the Malossi just looked the most quality from the online stores, the clean lines and less rivets, with still with a satin finish but I wanted.....wish I could delete the Malossi name… I'm not a fan of a lot of aftermarket logos on vehicles.

That being said, it does have a very nice tone to it. I listened to the YouTube clips that other people have put here of the various exhausts, and the malossi sounded about the best to me also. So everything fit.
Glen
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Are the shocks you installed really worth the time? If you road the stock shocks long enough to really note the difference let me know. Sometimes I wonder with 14" wheels if swapping rear shocks is going to be AWESOME-ALRIGHT-MEH! Choose carefully I might add these shocks to my winter teardown list and eventual review of upgrades.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Are the shocks you installed really worth the time? If you road the stock shocks long enough to really note the difference let me know. Sometimes I wonder with 14" wheels if swapping rear shocks is going to be AWESOME-ALRIGHT-MEH! Choose carefully I might add these shocks to my winter teardown list and eventual review of upgrades.

Can I ask why the sixth stage on your lifecycle below is a woman? Was that a stage for you before the scooter :D