My build/mods thread: '15 PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: My build/mods thread: '15 PCX

Post by Jge64 »

homie wrote:Are the shocks you installed really worth the time? If you road the stock shocks long enough to really note the difference let me know. Sometimes I wonder with 14" wheels if swapping rear shocks is going to be AWESOME-ALRIGHT-MEH! Choose carefully I might add these shocks to my winter teardown list and eventual review of upgrades.
We are all different as to how we perceive a ride… I personally think that helped quite a bit. For me, it is more stable and recovers MUCH better over speed bumps, which in Florida, are every 50 feet in the planned neighborhoods, which is 90 pct of my riding.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

you you wrote:Can I ask why the sixth stage on your lifecycle below is a woman? Was that a stage for you before the scooter :D
Yes marriage, and then something happens to your motorcycle until you can claw one back after your kids go to college. Sad but I think it happens to most and probably has to do with setting an example for your kids that does not encourage street bikes. Anyhow it worked, my son doesn't even ask to ride my scooter nor does he want a car for reasons I don't fully understand. The city youth are a strange breed of potential tree huggers that would rather car pool, bus or commuter train than own a car... whatever. Get out of my way you little turds and let Dad have all the fun.
Attachments
mac3.jpg
mac3.jpg (22.52 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
you you wrote:Can I ask why the sixth stage on your lifecycle below is a woman? Was that a stage for you before the scooter :D
Yes marriage, and then something happens to your motorcycle until you can claw one back after your kids go to college. Sad but I think it happens to most and probably has to do with setting an example for your kids that does not encourage street bikes. Anyhow it worked, my son doesn't even ask to ride my scooter nor does he want a car for reasons I don't fully understand. The city youth are a strange breed of potential tree huggers that would rather car pool, bus or commuter train than own a car... whatever. Get out of my way you little turds and let Dad have all the fun.

All becomes clear.

I encouraged all my kids to ride bikes or drive but non did. My older daughter had a scooter for a while and trashed it. My son gets the bus and lifts and my daughters get taxis.

What's that about? Having cars and bikes was my first taste of freedom
Spoilt so and so's I say
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Will be working on this this week: maddie's front fork lights:
Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

so today - harness build and light prep:

Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

A teaser: easy install, looking for similar light but in 5000k (stock headlight color)
Wheel slightly turned.,..
Glen
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

How you mounting them to the mudguard?
aka DrewJW
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Mounted to the fender, completely reversible 3m VHB automotive trim tape, no surface damage whatsoever, all my mods are reversible, I buy and sell toys much too often.

The install was easy, take off windshield, plate under windshield and all becomes revealed. The 15’s have the cubby power receptacle , so I tapped that, I never use the receptacle. Green is ground
Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

A pic from far away… The LEDs are even more visible than the headlights from a distance....

anything within reason I can do to light up the front and rear of the scooter, I will. I'm in a total traffic/urban setting 100% and 12 years ago was hit from behind on a K1200RS while I was stopped at a stoplight. Hit By a truck at 40 miles an hour @ 1030 am that said he never saw me sitting in front of him. Artificial hip installed........

Enjoy
Glen
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Jge64 wrote:A pic from far away… The LEDs are even more visible than the headlights from a distance....

anything within reason I can do to light up the front and rear of the scooter, I will. I'm in a total traffic/urban setting 100% and 12 years ago was hit from behind on a K1200RS while I was stopped at a stoplight. Hit By a truck at 40 miles an hour @ 1030 am that said he never saw me sitting in front of him. Artificial hip installed........

Enjoy

I can see the car!

And some bad scooter parking...
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Crossbar

Post by Jge64 »

So here's a quick mod that I did because I'm addicted to CNC bling in certain situations…LOL.. And that is the crossbar from Bikerzbitz. Because I try to do all the mods so they are reversible, I was worried that the raw CNC aluminum of the bar would grind on the handle bar. So therefore I use 3M paint protection film from Amazon, to create a gasket so that when I take it off there won't be any marks… Gasket is invisible.

lotsa adjustability

the invisible 3m film. (center cut out to keep film invisible)

Finished look

Enjoy!
Glen
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

This is a delightful scooter... and you would have to remove and sell off separately all those goodies in this forum because it will be a 3k scoot with 2k of accessories :lol: save the stock stuff for sure, I have a brand new set of IRC's in the attic.
dvw60
Year: 2015

Post by dvw60 »

In reference to your VOLOLIGHTS license plate frame upgrade, could you please explain where you tapped the wiring, and how you finally completed the mod wiring routing to look clean and stealthy. I believe you previously said you used the Vololights posi-tap connectors to make the electrical connection, but since I'm a little weak in the wiring department, I wanted to check-in with you on how it's done to your standard. I'm using your guidance on my own upgrades as my roadmap, since I like what you've done! Overall...are you happy with the performance of the license frame lights?
dvw60

Post by dvw60 »

May I also ask where you bought the Malossi, and to the best of your knowledge, would it void (or possibly impact) any new Honda vehicle warranty (or does that even matter)?

On the decal installation, you talk about the application wet method; are you referring to the same general way window tint is installed, such as soapy spray, apply, position, smooth, and let dry?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

dvw60 wrote:In reference to your VOLOLIGHTS license plate frame upgrade, could you please explain where you tapped the wiring, and how you finally completed the mod wiring routing to look clean and stealthy. I believe you previously said you used the Vololights posi-tap connectors to make the electrical connection, but since I'm a little weak in the wiring department, I wanted to check-in with you on how it's done to your standard. I'm using your guidance on my own upgrades as my roadmap, since I like what you've done! Overall...are you happy with the performance of the license frame lights?
Yes I actually completed this today. I used a simple tap splice underneath the rear taillight .you will find the license plate wire, green and black, in a split off from the main harness… Splice those and you can go right into the plate frame behind it , so there is no wire showing except underneath the fender which I put in slit loom and a little epoxy putty to cover….

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GD ... ge_o03_s00
Last edited by Jge64 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

dvw60 wrote:May I also ask where you bought the Malossi, and to the best of your knowledge, would it void (or possibly impact) any new Honda vehicle warranty (or does that even matter)?

On the decal installation, you talk about the application wet method; are you referring to the same general way window tint is installed, such as soapy spray, apply, position, smooth, and let dry?
In the United States there is no problem on the warranty… … The one I bought is from scooterpartsco.com, csme perfectly packed , and has a lot less rivets, welded on flanges than other ones I've seen. It's smooth satin stainless finish looks very professional.

Yes, spot on ...the soapy method.....I take a Windex bottle of water, put in three drops of dawn dishwashing detergent, shake it up and that's my spray lubricant for decals….
Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

The lisc plate light wires are in red circle, right under frame.....easy to pull out to tap:
Glen
dvw60

Post by dvw60 »

Many, many thanks...as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. No since in me trying to figure it out on my own, or re-engineer something you've already easily accomplished!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

dvw60 wrote:Many, many thanks...as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. No since in me trying to figure it out on my own, or re-engineer something you've already easily accomplished!

Just a tip… If you're going to go in the mods this deep, you have to have a shop manual. I bought mine about six weeks ago. I would've never known where those wires were, or more importantly, what color and polarity they were, without the big schematic. (And huge, how to pull the plastic)

Also, see the diys that maddies done, esp the swap shocks and variator threads.....
Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

I have had some pm's requesting a few more pics of my hacks........

So first is the finished look for the plate frame - no wires showing...wires straight thru fender and up to voltage source:
Image[/url]
The other pic us what it looks like under my seat, all that is visible is the nuisance alarm I have installed for parking at breakfast, etc....fused to batt and antenna and siren covered in slit loom and ziptie bases for support. Long term this whole thing will be buried under the Tupperware. For now, it's fine. All the other batt adds - the fork LED's and plate frame are wired to ign on wires both front and back. 125 DB siren mounted in rear to stay out of the way. Considering a "floor" for the storage box, more after I figure that out...
Glen