Price for a Service ?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Price for a Service ?

Post by Scottish »

Hmmmm just had my 5000 mile service which cost £90 does this sound about right?
there were no major problems apparently....for some reason i was thinking it would be a bit less than that.
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Price for a Service ?

Post by louthepoo »

It appears that different dealers charge different prices for the same service! £90 sounds on the cheaper side of some of those said on here.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sounds good to me.
I usually pay £105 ish and that includes a courtesy bike.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Oh well fair enough, I usually use the local Honda dealership but tried a different garage this time, did think they might have fixed the headlight tho, after my incident with some spilt diesel aw hile back it only works on half beam now.....Its not really a big deal tho as I hardly ever use full beam.
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

That's about what I pay. They can't check the valve clearance in the time it takes and the engine doesn't have time to cool down either. Sometimes get a courtesy pcx.

Note: Took my KTM for it's first service £165 (at 600ml). They said they would need the bike first thing in the morning and wouldn't be able to do the service until late in the afternoon to allow the engine to cool for the valve check. In the end I left it with them over night so the engine was stone cold in the morning and I had the bike back by noon the next day. The valves needed shims.

I don't know how much a Honda dealer would charge if they did the valve check - it takes me hours. Can you leave your pcx with them overnight or do you need it?
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

I dont plan on getting any more services done (not for a long while anyway), the 2 year warranty is up next January....so I'll just check/chainge the oil now and again and that'll probably be it.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Scottish wrote:I dont plan on getting any more services done (not for a long while anyway), the 2 year warranty is up next January....so I'll just check/chainge the oil now and again and that'll probably be it.

The clue is in the user name :D
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

qed wrote:
Scottish wrote:I dont plan on getting any more services done (not for a long while anyway), the 2 year warranty is up next January....so I'll just check/chainge the oil now and again and that'll probably be it.

The clue is in the user name :D
:lol: