Humpty: De-humped stylishly.

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

ironcloudz
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Humpty: De-humped stylishly.

Post by ironcloudz »

the empirical method would be to take a wee section of the cover on side, use the 303 on it, then if has proven its worthiness and lack of slippedness, use it on the rest.

So says the "Great Compromiser"
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Ye old Smarty one! Good idea :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
CheekySuzy

Post by CheekySuzy »

What started as a post about a solution for comfortable/stylish riding without the hump on the PCX has evolved into a discussion about surface spray treatments for seat covers, and my knowledge or lack thereof of the 303 product.

Just so folks understand, my primary concern is rider safety. People buy the seat covers that I make, install them without mechanical attachment to their seats, and then ride around at high speed. I take that very seriously.

We are very active in the scooter community and attend scooter rallies all over the country, so I have a chance to see my seat covers that have been on scooters for years. I talk to the riders, and I examine the seats carefully. The long term performance of our seat covers is hugely important to us.

What I was trying to impart to the customer who posted the excerpt was that he shouldn't need to do anything with my seat cover, that the material will last beautifully for years in any weather condition, and I stand by that.

I also stand by not recommending a spray or surface treatment of any kind. Aside from worrying about a spray making the cover slippery, I worry about clouding/hazing, discoloring the material, or adversely impacting the thread.... I worry about freezing, humidity, contact with road salt....there are so many aspects to consider.

We are a tiny two person shop, and we are always trying to learn new things and improve. I'm certainly not above making a mistake and never claimed that "I know best." I can honestly only speak for what I make and do, and if I sometimes err on the side of caution, I can live with that.

Ride Safe and Scoot On!

Suzy
Cheeky Seats
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey there! Nice to have you on board Suzy! :P Appreciate your joining and your input. I hope others will find your post here as it comes under a rather strange topic heading. We'll see ;)

Fellow PCX'ers, meet Suzy ^

Check out her beautiful seat covers! I just Have To link you 8)
http://scooterseatcovers.net
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Looks like a great product Suzy. Thanks for your input about your product. Take heed fellow PCX'rs, she should know what she is talking about.

I would be interested to know what scooters you ride.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ironcloudz
Color: black

Post by ironcloudz »

CheekySuzy wrote: Just so folks understand, my primary concern is rider safety. People buy the seat covers that I make, install them without mechanical attachment to their seats, and then ride around at high speed. I take that very seriously.

Suzy
Cheeky Seats
I for one ride with this seat cover and am a very happy customer!
CheekySuzy

Post by CheekySuzy »

Thanks for the welcome WhiteNoise, this is a great forum! To answer your question Kramnala58, we have a Genuine Buddy, a Genuine Stella and a Honda Metropolitan in our current riding lineup.

Thrilled to hear you are happy Ironcloudz. Hope everyone has a awesome holiday!

Ride Safe,

Suzy
Cheeky Seats
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

95.00 for a cover.. Crazy ???
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

That's a pretty nice custom seat cover. If you don't want to just cover the holes with round patches as I did.
Where is a cheaper cover?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

A whole new seat is less than that.. try Biker Bitz
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Go for it easyrider! Maybe You want/need a replacement seat.
Ordering a "cover" is different than ordering a "seat."

Surprise! Some of us like and are comfortable with the stock PCX seat. A refreshing quick look, a "cover" can/will provide. Why not several? A weekly look. Ouu..fashionable :D

I like choices and the cost of either seat or cover not so bad, in My opinion.

Want a snazzy cover?
Cheeky Seats > Suzy
CheekySuzy

Post by CheekySuzy »

The $95.00 seat cover is our most expensive seat cover for the Honda PCX. We use a matte faux leather that is the best anti slip riding surface, and we sew high density foam into the top of the seat cover so that when the hump is removed, you don't feel that hard plastic part underneath.

The seat cover is hand tailored and fitted to the PCX seat, we put a great deal of time, craftsmanship and pride into every seat cover we make. We are a two person shop and make all of our products in Pennsylvania,

Our least expensive seat cover for a humpless PCX solution, which is marine vinyl and waterproof is $60.00.

Those prices also include free Priority Mail shipping anywhere in the USA or APO.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Bump!

I just installed my new Cheeky Seats seat cover and I'm really lovin' it. It's just like the one in this link

https://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php ... 71c8e8ae47

but I got black cover with red stitching to go with my red scooter. It looks great and doesn't look like a seat cover at all; it looks like the seat was reupholstered. It's much more comfy than my previous setup, which was a de-humped stock seat with the holes taped over and an Alaska Leather fleece buttpad on top. It took about four days to get here and about two minutes to install.

Plus it has a little tag on the back seam that says Cheeky Seats - Made in the USA I like that.

Thanks, Suzy
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

montliz44 wrote:Bump!

I just installed my new Cheeky Seats seat cover and I'm really lovin' it.
Did you also cut away the rest of the hump mount from the seat pan that still makes a hard spot just under the new cover?
JonW
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JonW »

For a few bucks she'll add some padding to minimize the depression left by the removed bump stop. That's what I'm planning on when I order mine. No need to futz around with the seat shell.
Jon W
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Unfortunately it's not a depression that is left. It's two hard plastic posts in the shell sticking up that if you sit back onto the newly liberated area of the seat to gain legroom for the feet forward position, you will feel them.
JonW
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JonW »

sendler2112 wrote:Unfortunately it's not a depression that is left. It's two hard plastic posts in the shell sticking up that if you sit back onto the newly liberated area of the seat to gain legroom for the feet forward position, you will feel them.
I should let her speak for herself, but I believe she fills in the area in front of the hump with foam or some other material so you don't feel it, or at least it's much less noticeable.
Jon W
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

I cut out all of both humps so that they both look like the one on the left in Sendler's photo. Then I left that flat arrow-shaped center rib in place as a center support and filled up the void areas under the original seat cover with a precision-cut piece of cardboard and a folded-up hand towel from Target, using the finest available duct tape to hold them up in place.

It made for a pretty decent pad to level out the area under the original seat cover, but unfortunately still left the two ugly holes, which against all odds remained visible even though I covered them with custom black duct tape.

Now with Suzy's seat cover in place it's level with a little padding across the area and looks great (with the seat closed, that is).

Proving once again that nothing can stop an ace mechanic with a Dremel, a credit card, and some duct tape. :D

Best,

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Suzy if your around, I have a few questions.
Presently your covers are for the PCX years 2010-2013.

Have you made any seat covers for the 2015-16 PCX?
If yes, do you have photo's of them "on seat" and "off seat?"
If Not, are you planning to make them (like the one member montliz44 got)?
Would you offer the seat cover in any of your shown fabrics?
I read that we can choose our own fabric elsewhere, and that you'll be happy to get it for us. Would that be true for 2015-2016 yrs?

Thanks for recognizing the PCX in your line-up :P A Honda scooter gets overlooked many a time :(
"You" didn't forget us :D
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

montliz44 wrote:I cut out all of both humps so that they both look like the one on the left in Sendler's photo. Then I left that flat arrow-shaped center rib in place as a center support and filled up the void areas under the original seat
I used a stack of carpet pad foam the guy at the store gave me for free and a sheet of plastic from a milk jug. Very easy to get rid of the rest of the hump mount that still pokes up at you from underneath.