too much time...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

too much time...

Post by homie »

Here is my boggle, I get sucked into these motorcycle crash videos on YT and they make me nuts. No I don't want to see anymore please... what's seen cannot be unseen o_O
First let me say that it might be bad numbers that so many of these 'caught on camera' cycle fatalities are of a particular type. Going too fast to change the momentum or direction of a cycle in time to avoid catastrophe OR surprised by cross traffic. Granted there is a natural culling for the fool who goes so fast into a turn he's gradually leaving the road or treating traffic like the world is in slow motion.
Cross traffic can get us regardless how careful we ride but darn it if we aren't on the brakes way too long before impact. In both of these commonly recorded spatters there is a lot of time between the moment you realize its inevitable and kaboom! It would never be possible but in my fantasy world we would eject like a fighter pilot. Blast off the doomed bike in a fiery blaze straight up and take our chances with a shoot, or better yet become... BUBBLE BIKER! :lol:

Well it's time for my meds...
Attachments
bubble.jpg
bubble.jpg (13.26 KiB) Viewed 741 times
Dave Bo
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Re: too much time...

Post by Dave Bo »

I think you need two Guardian Bells... :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Make that 3 Dave, homie got 2 :D

homie, kinda like being hypnotized! Blink and Hit Stop! Watching too many back to back crash vids will do more harm then good. It'll get you "All Shook Up." You're doing fine....Ride homie, ride.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Before entering intersections I like to both ways as measure of self preservation. And of course the wearing the HiViz riding gear. A lot of these motorcycle/scooter crashes can be avoided by better defensive riding.